“2 day stay in The Delta Grand” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre

You added Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1310 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 9P3, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Warminster, United Kingdom
“2 day stay in The Delta Grand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked a "mode room" for our 2 day stay in Kelowna as the price was reasonable for a 4* hotel in Canada. The room was comfortable, the bed was super comfortable but the bathroom was very small & basic for a 4* hotel. Also the air con had a mind of it's own, kept switching itself on & off noisily which was not very restful and the temperature was very erratic. The rooms were set up well for business travellers, free fast wifi & a good desk. As british tourists we found the price of food & drinks expensive but guess the current exchange rate doesn't help.

All the staff were very helpful and there is a nice cosy bar on the ground floor with sumptuous leather arm chairs. The hotel is right on the waterfront & our room had a good view over the swimming pool out to the lake. The hotel obviously hosts a lot of business conferences & as a result it lacked a certain charm, maybe it was just too large for our taste? I think if you are a european tourist you may be a little disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm happy to read that you found our new rooms & bed to be so comfortable! Those beds are definitely the most sought after item in our rooms. I am sorry you had troubles with the air conditioning unit and I will be sure to have our maintenance team take a look, as no machine should have a mind of its own! We do have the largest Conference Centre in the interior of BC so we are able to attract our share of business travelers but we make it a point to cater to families and leisure travelers like yourself with a resort full of amenities.

We hope to see you again if you ever decide to venture back to Canada.

Allison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Thai first
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I am going to be getting married at the Delta next month. My fiance and I live out of town so we booked a trip to kelowna to meet with the staff and to make arrangements for our big day.
Claudia was nothing but helpful! We received complimentry chocolate dipped strawberries and a personalized note, less than an hour after we checked into our room. She was able to answer all of our questions about our wedding day.
Being new to the hotel, we wanted to try out the food so we could tell our guests about the resturant and to see what type of food we would be eating at our wedding. The resturant was consistantly delicious, thank you Chef Brian (and all of the other chefs that we don't know your name)!!!
The staff where always so cheerful and helpful.
Thank you again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Bride-to-Be

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm so happy our team was able to assist you with some of the details of your special day as I can appreciate you have a lot to think about and prepare for.

I will be sure to pass along you compliments to Claudia, Brian & our Kitchen Team. We look forward to taking care of you and your fiance and all of your guests next month for the big day & I look forward hearing all about it!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was my second stay at the Delta Grand. I booked room 1013 which is a Mode room with lake view and offers access to the private club room on the 9th floor including complimentary continental breakfast. The room is lovely - spacious, tasteful, and comfortable with high end wireless and other business meeting accessories. I wanted to take the bed, linens and pillows home... The restaurant was great and the food delicious - Vines wine bar is also great - cosy chairs, yummy drinks - and great service throughout the hotel. Price was right too - $180 for the room seemed like a good deal to me!

Dear Valued Guest

Ah yes, waking up to a view from the 10th floor of Okanagan Lake each morning could put a smile on anyone's face I think! I'm so glad you enjoyed the new design of the rooms and yes those beds... aren't they comfortable? If you're in the market for a new one, they are Simmons Delta-Elite Pillowtop.

I hope you also had a chance to enjoy the evening appetizers also offered in the Club Floor Lounge but it seems as though you had a great experience in Vines Lounge & our Grand Bay Cafe which I'm thrilled about! We look forward to having you back again soon,

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Rooms were renovated in 2010 and they are gorgeous. The beds are huge and comfortable, the shower with its removable head was .......... well you fill in the blank. The computer desk area was awesome with all kinds of cords to attach to your laptop; if you have netflex then you can watch a movie on the big flat screen tv. Some things I did not like about the hotel was NO FREE LOCAL calls and NO FREE parking, you would think for the price you pay that it would be free. Also the heat/air conditioner unit was right next to the desk so you got a blast of hot/cold air, we finally put a towel over it. Beautiful pool and hot tubs. The adjoining casino's breakfast buffet was very good and well priced.

Room Tip: our corner room was great, lots of windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Stacey,

I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! We always want to ensure that all our guests feel at ease, and in this ever growing technological market, we also believe it is essential to keep up with the newest trends. We hope to see you again soon and maybe you can give our Sunday Brunch a try!

Cedric
Alert Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

High! High! end!. Stayed in Hotel for three nights on an AGM. all breakfast and lunch meals were 5*! Cusine was top of the line! Coupled with a 23C Kelowna day and a very fine property right on the lake this was by far a TOP experience! I particularly liked the shops on Main floor where there was a Men's clothing store with a wonderful Men's leather jacket! All items in store are discounted! Oh! I want that blue leather jacket! and by the way, the proprieteress was very charming!

Room Tip: I liked 213 nice view of lake and swimming pool. Closest I have seen to a California Spanish Villa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Eric

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our kitchen team does a fantastic job of creating some amazing dishes with local products so I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed each one. I wish I could say we had something to do with the weather but that just comes with the city we live in! I will pass on your compliments to Landmark Clothiers in our lobby and I am curious to see this blue leather jacket you speak so highly of. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon,

Delta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Recently stayed at the Grand for a conference. My room was recently renovated, they did a good job. Decor was a modern Euro style, not my favourite, but they did a good job. The bed was comfortable which is unusual.
I had a partial view of the lake, which was nice.

The room was clean, lots of restaurants within walking distance.

One gripe was the $16/day parking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Gordon,

I appreciate your feedback about our new rooms! I agree the look is quite different and I like your comment about the "Euro Decor", a great way to describe the style! I am glad you enjoyed the bed, judging by your "unusual" feedback, this is a great compliment!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Cedric
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend with the boyfriend....upgraded to mode club, which is worth every penny! The access to exclusive lounge for appetizers and continental breakfast are definitely worth the extra money. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and the appies were very nice..... You would pay probably at least $20 a plate in a restaurant for what we got. The complimentary continental breakfast was better than the breakfast buffet downstairs (which we paid $20 each for one morning), so don't waste your money going there is you have mode club access.
Staff is efficient and do whatever they can to make your stay better. Our iPod stereo wasn't working when we got to our (lovely) room and within 20 min they had it fixed....check in was quick and easy and the casino nearby was awesome.
The hotel is clean, big and beautiful. We had a great stay there and will definitely be back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Allison F, Social Media Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Katie

I'm happy to see you chose to stay on our newly renovated Mode Club floor. You just can't beat that view from the Lounge of Okanagan Lake! It's great you had some time to relax and enjoy the evening appetizers and morning breakfast offered and we genuinely appreciate the feedback. We hope to see you & your boyfriend back soon!
Allison

Been to Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!