“Superb service,location,food,view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1310 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 9P3, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oliver, British Columbia, Canada
“Superb service,location,food,view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in a newly renovated room . It was modern,contemporary and very comfortable,with a nice view of the lake. I had the pleasure of dining in both the restaurant and lounge and found the food delicious and the service was excellent.
Overall a great relaxing experience,especially since I was going for surgery the next day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
gmDBDeltaDGO, General Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! I am very glad to hear that our new Mode rooms exceeded your expectations, and that you discovered our amazing food and beverage team in the resort. I hope your surgery went very well, and that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again under different circumstances.

All the best for a speedy recovery....

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Thai first
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

went for a private night away from the kids, lovely place, and when we told the receptionist she upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite, from a regular suite, which was a nice gesture, all to make our night better :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your positive feedback and know the value of a nice "night away from the kids" every once in a while. I am thrilled to hear that you had a great weekend away and were able to enjoy one of our luxurious Mode suites with a jacuzzi tub. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Delta Grand Okanagan again when you need another break from your hectic schedule...

Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We ended up upgrading to a full apartment suite with fireplace, kitchen, three bedrooms, the works. The location is amazing and the amenities outstanding.
The view over the harbour, the roominess, the quality of the kitchen appliances, I can go on and on. They make you feel like a million bucks with the level of service the staff offers.
I wish I had stayed for a longer period to get to enjoy all the amenities, restaurants, lounge, casino etc. I travel a lot throughout the world, and this place is up there with the best at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: The place is so huge and with so many options that I'm sure they will be able to find you the pe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the quality of your suite and the amazing view of the lake. We hope to be able to welcome you back again, and hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay a little longer next time.

See you then!

Wenatchee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a recently renovated room. The style was modern European, not like the 'standard' typed of hotel room we have usually experienced. Large, bright bathroom (thanks to a window) with plenty of counter space, large shower with a wonderful showerhead that was situated high enough to please my tall husband and could be used as a handheld also. We appreciated the various technology plugins and the multiple conveniently placed outlets. Free wifi much appreciated! Service was wonderful, starting at check-in; friendly employees who were happy to take the time to answer our questions. We had a package that included a free breakfast, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We loved the setting and the convenient access to 'city stuff', walking trails, and recreational opportunities, particularly all the skiing venues. We hope to go again next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmDBDeltaDGO, General Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on your recent stay with us! We have fully renovated all guest rooms in the hotel over the past year to Delta's new "Mode" standard, and I am delighted to hear that you touched on many areas of your room that we considered in the thoughtful design process. Of course, we also take great pride in our team's genuine hospitality and focus on delivering an amazing guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kelowna and the Delta Grand Okanagan again in future!

Okotoks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We recently stayed in a 2 bdrm suite time share exchange at Grand Okanagan Resort. The room was renovated with new stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. The beds were comfortable. The staff on site were terrific and looked after us. You could not beat the location, which was close to restaurants, shopping and easy access to the highways. My only 2 complaints were the $16/day or $80/week self-parking charge for non-secure parking in an open-air parkade. It was $20/day for valet which appeared more secure. Unfortunately our vehicle was considered over height. The second complaint was the noise from a night club attached to the hotel. The bass from the music continued until around 2 a.m. and the noise from patrons until 3 a.m. Our room faced the pool/courtyard. If I was to return, I would request a room on the bay side next time. It took approximately 1 hour to drive from the Hotel to Big White Ski Resort.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the bay side not the pool/courtyard next time to minimize the disturbance...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous review. We always appreciate such great feedback about our team members and the impact they have on our guest’s experiences. I am also pleased you enjoyed the amenities and the location; I agree you can't get more central!
I value your feedback in regards to the parking. I do, however, want to assure you that the lot is patrolled 24 hours a day by both our security team and an external parking company to ensure the safety of all vehicles. In regards to the noise, I want to extend my most sincere apologies. I can only hope you had a chance to notify our team so we could rectify the issue immediately as we value your rest and comfort.

Thank you once again.

Cedric
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

In October of 2012 I hosted a business conference and had all of my twenty four guests stay at the Delta. I was truly impressed by the service received.

The Events Staff were a pleasure to work with, the rooms (in the remodelled wing) were beautiful and the food in the lounge and main restaurant was VERY good. While the view from many of the rooms was nothing spectacular, as mentioned in a prior review, the purpose of our trip was business and I was not bothered by this point.

Shall I need to host another conference, The Grand will be my first choice for a location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and it is great to hear that you enjoyed the product and services we were able to provide. We want to be the destination of choice whether on business or pleasure and I love to hear that you will be back.

I hope to see you again soon,

Jeff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel has a nice water front location, but even in an upgraded king room... You don't get much of a "wow factor." You do have plenty of amenities near by, including a casino attached to the hotel, but most of the hotel seems due for an upgrade. If you are looking for a place to stay for business travel, you will find everything you need here. But if its a special occasion or summer holiday, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to pass along that both our towers are now completely renovated leaving us with a fresh and modern look to pass along to our guests, although it sounds like this was not your experience. With rooms done our attention now turns to the planning stages of our lobby and restaurant with hopes of work starting later this year.

We are a special occasion hotel and with our casino, outdoor pool (summer), gym, full service Spa, several dining outlets to name only a few amenities I am confident we can exceed your expectations whether on business or pleasure.

See you this summer?

Jeff

Been to Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!