“All around amazing place and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1310 Water Street, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 9P3, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #5 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
Calgary
“All around amazing place and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We ended up upgrading to a full apartment suite with fireplace, kitchen, three bedrooms, the works. The location is amazing and the amenities outstanding.
The view over the harbour, the roominess, the quality of the kitchen appliances, I can go on and on. They make you feel like a million bucks with the level of service the staff offers.
I wish I had stayed for a longer period to get to enjoy all the amenities, restaurants, lounge, casino etc. I travel a lot throughout the world, and this place is up there with the best at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: The place is so huge and with so many options that I'm sure they will be able to find you the pe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
gmDBDeltaDGO, General Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the quality of your suite and the amazing view of the lake. We hope to be able to welcome you back again, and hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay a little longer next time.

See you then!

Daniel

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Thai first
Wenatchee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a recently renovated room. The style was modern European, not like the 'standard' typed of hotel room we have usually experienced. Large, bright bathroom (thanks to a window) with plenty of counter space, large shower with a wonderful showerhead that was situated high enough to please my tall husband and could be used as a handheld also. We appreciated the various technology plugins and the multiple conveniently placed outlets. Free wifi much appreciated! Service was wonderful, starting at check-in; friendly employees who were happy to take the time to answer our questions. We had a package that included a free breakfast, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We loved the setting and the convenient access to 'city stuff', walking trails, and recreational opportunities, particularly all the skiing venues. We hope to go again next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gmDBDeltaDGO, General Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on your recent stay with us! We have fully renovated all guest rooms in the hotel over the past year to Delta's new "Mode" standard, and I am delighted to hear that you touched on many areas of your room that we considered in the thoughtful design process. Of course, we also take great pride in our team's genuine hospitality and focus on delivering an amazing guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kelowna and the Delta Grand Okanagan again in future!

Daniel
Okotoks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We recently stayed in a 2 bdrm suite time share exchange at Grand Okanagan Resort. The room was renovated with new stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. The beds were comfortable. The staff on site were terrific and looked after us. You could not beat the location, which was close to restaurants, shopping and easy access to the highways. My only 2 complaints were the $16/day or $80/week self-parking charge for non-secure parking in an open-air parkade. It was $20/day for valet which appeared more secure. Unfortunately our vehicle was considered over height. The second complaint was the noise from a night club attached to the hotel. The bass from the music continued until around 2 a.m. and the noise from patrons until 3 a.m. Our room faced the pool/courtyard. If I was to return, I would request a room on the bay side next time. It took approximately 1 hour to drive from the Hotel to Big White Ski Resort.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the bay side not the pool/courtyard next time to minimize the disturbance...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous review. We always appreciate such great feedback about our team members and the impact they have on our guest’s experiences. I am also pleased you enjoyed the amenities and the location; I agree you can't get more central!
I value your feedback in regards to the parking. I do, however, want to assure you that the lot is patrolled 24 hours a day by both our security team and an external parking company to ensure the safety of all vehicles. In regards to the noise, I want to extend my most sincere apologies. I can only hope you had a chance to notify our team so we could rectify the issue immediately as we value your rest and comfort.

Thank you once again.

Cedric
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

In October of 2012 I hosted a business conference and had all of my twenty four guests stay at the Delta. I was truly impressed by the service received.

The Events Staff were a pleasure to work with, the rooms (in the remodelled wing) were beautiful and the food in the lounge and main restaurant was VERY good. While the view from many of the rooms was nothing spectacular, as mentioned in a prior review, the purpose of our trip was business and I was not bothered by this point.

Shall I need to host another conference, The Grand will be my first choice for a location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review and it is great to hear that you enjoyed the product and services we were able to provide. We want to be the destination of choice whether on business or pleasure and I love to hear that you will be back.

I hope to see you again soon,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel has a nice water front location, but even in an upgraded king room... You don't get much of a "wow factor." You do have plenty of amenities near by, including a casino attached to the hotel, but most of the hotel seems due for an upgrade. If you are looking for a place to stay for business travel, you will find everything you need here. But if its a special occasion or summer holiday, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012
JefftheDOO, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to pass along that both our towers are now completely renovated leaving us with a fresh and modern look to pass along to our guests, although it sounds like this was not your experience. With rooms done our attention now turns to the planning stages of our lobby and restaurant with hopes of work starting later this year.

We are a special occasion hotel and with our casino, outdoor pool (summer), gym, full service Spa, several dining outlets to name only a few amenities I am confident we can exceed your expectations whether on business or pleasure.

See you this summer?

Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I live in Kelowna. No I didn't get kicked out of the house by my wife. In fact, she booked it as a Valentine's Day gift.

The Grand towers on the lake have always stood out as Kelowna's biggest and most high profile hotel. The Delta purchase and branding of the hotel a few years ago elevated it's reputations from rumours of Hell's Angels ownership/involvement in the past (Who knows. Makes for a good story anyway).

We had a renovated suite (thanx Cedric). Funky textured carpet. Cool Smartdesk with connections to the TV and fast wired internet Trendy art on the wall. Great comfy bed. Nice.

I'm hardly an expert in decor. But can I label the style European schic? Simple, clean lines, functional.

Ummm...well, it's just not my style. I'm sure others love it. I've seen pictures from the late 1950s of similar simplicity. I vaguely remember stuff like this in the 70s after the moon landing and now some contemporary designer has discovered it all anew!

I'm not dissing it. Really. If you like that style...fill your boots. But I like real wood. I like a certain complexity to furniture that shows creative thought. I think wall art shouldn't look like a John Lennon tee shirt (and I like John Lennon).. The hallway carpet is contemporary funky but everytime I openned the door, I thought there were red power cables running down the hall to a contruction site.

My only complaint was the price of food and drinks in the small lounge. The lounge itself is EXCELLENT. Big leather chairs, warm wood, fireplace, quiet, homey...exactly what the rooms are not. This is my style. But $26 for one ounce of 12/15/18 year old Glenfiddich!? Maybe I don't get out much to pricey bars but isn't that a bit out of line? As much as I love the ambiance of the lounge, paying over $120 for 2 rounds of (not Glenfidich but martinis and gin/tonoc) and appies strikes me as a bit OTT. OK...mayby once a year and only on Valentines Day. The appies took close to 1 hour to come. But that's OK as the restaurant was swamped for Valentine's Day. No points taken off and we were in no hurry.

Breakfast was fantastic. Not the buffet but the a la cart. Tasty, filling and a non-lounge decent price.

The Grand is the Grand. Big, lofty, pricey. Charming...no. Efficient...sure. Exudes character...no. Clean and modern...of course. Are there better hotel values in Kelowna? Sure. But if you are on a corporate/government expense account or can get the corporate/government rate for your personal stay or your conference is there and you get the conference price or if you want to impress clients while staying in Kelowna, stay at the Grand. It won't dissappoint. It's a Delta. It's a chain. It's a formula that works. Vanilla sells.

For me, the next time we book a staycation, it will be somewhere else. The Grand is not bad. It's just, been there, done that. Let's try somewhere else. There is lots of choice. The Biggest isn't always the Best.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are funky as described above. Maybe the old rooms have more character?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and always enjoy to here that a fellow local chooses us to be apart of their "staycation". I can appreciate your feelings towards our renovations and to your point decor and design are very subjective so I won't take it personally.

I do hope that we welcome you back again for your next vacation as we are the premier destination in Kelowna. With all our amenities within the resort and all the rest with walking distance from our waterfront location I would hope that we can earn your business with clients and/or your family. C'mon we won't disappoint.

Warm regards,

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Came for a conference and some R &R. Staff are great! Facility is decent and renos are in progress which is good. Gym nice because all equipment clean and working and in a sunny spot. Coffee bar in lobby great idea! Other food too expensive but lots of other places close to eat at. Location excellent! Parking charge annoying!!

Room Tip: ask for quiet room, lakeviews are excellent, north tower is away from the nearby pub and away from p...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DGOAsstFOM, Manager at Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Angela,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and all the amenities we have to offer. It's always a great idea to take some extra time off after attending a conference in a resort property; otherwise it’s too much of a tease! I can also appreciate your feedback in terms of the parking and dining costs, however as you mentioned, we are centrally located so the options for both your concerns are quite generous.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for some more R&R!

Regards,

Cedric

Been to Delta Grand Okanagan Resort & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!