Like the reviewer before, we too took our 85 year old mother to the Mother's Day brunch. There is only one word to describe our experience - DISGUSTING!
Firstly the venue: this was very difficult for seniors & challenged guest to get to; climbing of stairs either up or down was difficult for my mother & from what I observed, many other guests as well. We were escorted to an area that looked like an old conference room; windows so filthy you couldn't see out of them. Getting to the buffet itself, we had to go through several doors to get to where the food was. Another challenge for seniors. This is a special day for mom's, so why not open up the main dining room?
Secondly, the food. It was warm at best. By the time we got back to our table, it was all cold. Eggs benedict were dried out, turkey was flavourless and it appeared that the deserts came out of a box from Extra Foods or Superstore. Bread was also dried out & from a grocery store.
Not the kind of food that you would expect from a resort..
Needless to say we were disappointed & ashamed to have brought my mother to such a place.
My mother was recently released from the hospital & this was her first outing - we were hoping that she would enjoy herself - she did not. We have been to many brunches throughout the Okanagan, some excellent, some good & this one really bad.
I would be surprised if this place is in business for the next Mother's day.....
- Also Known As:
- Lake Okanagan Hotel Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Hotel
- Lake Okanagan Kelowna
- Lake Okanagan Resort Kelowna, Okanagan Valley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Okanagan Resort is located on 300 acres of mountainside parkland on the West Shore of beautiful Okanagan Lake, just 20 minutes from downtown Kelowna.Lake Okanagan Resort is the Kelowna's "true destination Resort. The resort has its own 9 hole executive par 3 golf course, lit tennis courts, hot tubs, resort store, renovated meeting space, restaurants, lounge, seasonal pools, spa, upgraded suites (all with kitchen facilities) and premier villas, beach and brand new marina.The resort welcomes families, couples, groups, conferences, retreats and is perfect for beach weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Lake Okanagan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.