“Character-laden boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eldorado

You added Hotel Eldorado to your Saves list
Hotel Eldorado
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Cook Road, Kelowna, British Columbia V1W 3G9, Canada   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Golf Packages
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Kelowna
North Vancouver, Canada
“Character-laden boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Eldorado on business and on family trips on and off since this hotel opened. The location is good, with views of the lake and marina and the staff here have been consistently friendly and helpful. The rooms are always immaculate and the restaurant serves a great brunch, and good breakfasts. If you aren't a night owl and not an easy sleeper, don't take a room over the lounge on weekends.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer part of the hotel, as the sound attenuation over the night time entertainment area...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brad_Sieben, Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear CEA1,
Thanks for taking the time to post on TA. You know us well and provide great insight. Thanks for sharing with TA nation!
Partner - Director of Business Development

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a nice get away hotel away from downtown. Our room in the arms section was comfortable and quiet.The rooms in the original hotel are quite small. The bar on the main floor is a great place for a nice dinner for two.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GTCOO,
Thanks for sharing your great experience with us and others. I love dining in our bar as well!
Thanks
Princeton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband bought me the romance package for our wedding anniversary in October. We just recently used it and was told only one room was available for this package but it was a bit noisy.
OMG, the band played till 1:30 am and the staff started moving furniture early Saturday morning. The room was very nice, but the noise was dreadful. The staff apologized, what could they say.
My husband gets an A for effort, but we will not return to this hotel.
Please beware when booking your room, a bit noisy does not even come close!!!

Room Tip: Ask if the room is situated anywhere near the bar, don't go there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad_Sieben, Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Tkg922,
I apologize for your disappointing stay with us. The Heritage wing of our hotel (17 Heritage Guestrooms) is built like a 1926 hotel and the potential for noise is greater in this side of the hotel. Certain guestrooms in this wing are louder than others due to their proximity to our bar/lounge. Our staff is trained to be very up front about these facts and inform our guests of the differences between our guestrooms. I apologize that we did not do a sufficient job in letting you know what to expect when you booked this room. We are fully aware of the limitations of certain guestrooms within our Heritage Wing of the hotel as it relates to noise. It is absolutely essential that we inform our guests of this information prior to their booking of these few select rooms. We want to provide our guests with all of the facts and then let them make an "informed decision" whether to book a particular guestroom or not. To be perfectly honest, we'd prefer that our guests find a guestroom that is more appropriate at a different hotel (we were sold out in our Arms wing) than have a disappointing stay with us. I'll also review with our food and beverage staff re: turning down the music when last call has been given and the bar is closing (no band was playing, but I'm assuming that the music in the bar was what you were hearing).
I'm very disappointed to hear of your stay. I'd really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you re: your experience. I did try to work backwards in an attempt to reach out and contact you, but did not find any guests registered with a "Princeton "address the evening you stayed with us. Please feel free to contact me on my direct line - direct - 250 869-6077. If you'd prefer for me to contact you, please email me a number I may call you on - bradsieben@eldoradokelowna.com.
I thank you in advance for your time.
Port Coquitlam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here in April, so it was not summer yet. Would love to be here in the summer so we could enjoy the patio and the lake. It will be a jewel in the sunshine I'm sure. Rooms were very nice and very clean. Great feeling there, not the usual "big hotel", small room feeling. Dining and Pub employees were very nice and super friendly. Only downer is the lack of balcony and in such a huge beautiful bathroom,,,,no room to set anything on or near vanity. Great shower.
Especially enjoyed the Canadian Geese nesting at the end of the wharf, go ahead, try to get close.

Room Tip: All rooms appear nice but some will be facing the lake, some not.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brad_Sieben, Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Terry B,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with TA. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at "the El." I'm happy to report that our annual visitors, the Canada Geese, have left us for another year and all of our boaters now have safe passage on our dock (they had laid eggs and are extremely protective).
Thanks for the feedback re: the bathrooms. Could you drop me a line at bradsieben@eldoradokelowna.com and let me know which room you stayed in (or your name so I can look it up). We've added many antique tables to certain rooms where there hasn't been a sufficient place for cosmetics bags, shaving kits, etc. I'd like to do the same for the room you stayed in if it hasn't been added as of yet.
Thanks again for the feedback. Thanks for sharing your postitive experince at "The El" with others!
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed in a spacious double queen room overlooking the carpark ( a little noisy). The room was spotless and comfortable. We enjoyed the small gym and indoor pool. We had a delicious breakfast in the charming old dining room with great views over the lake. Shame the coffee was weak.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brad_Sieben, Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear PennyAuckland,
Thanks for sharing your experience with Tripadvisor nation! I'm happy to hear you had a great experience with us at "The El."
Thank you for the coffee feedback. We use a local company, Cherryhill Coffee. The coffee's flavour is usually described as "bold, but well balanced." I drink it on a daily basis and I have only ever experienced it being weak when a "barista" did not have a full grind (didn't realize they didn't have enough beans for a full grind). Having just finished my morning coffee, I can report that all is good now. I apologize for not delivering a good cup to you though.
Thanks

Brad Sieben - Partner
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The location is perfect: on the lake, close to town but not along the very busy highway going through Kelowna.
This is a charming hotel with great service and the best food in town. We had lamb shank – and it was probably the best lamb that we had in Canada during the last 8 years.
If you’re going for a romantic getaway or want the full experience – try and get a lake view room. We didn’t have one, but the room was so well decorated that it didn’t matter.
The kids loved the pool and we enjoyed the sauna & steam room.

Will be back!!!

Room Tip: If you’re going for a romantic getaway or want the full experience – try and get a lake view room. W...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brad_Sieben, Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear MauFro7,
I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to post on TA.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Partern - Director of Business Development
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Eldorado Hotel in Kelowna is something that everyone must experience at least once if not many more times!!

I live in Kelowna and as such we tend to not enjoy what is in our own backyard... the Eldorado Hotel, restaurant, bar and banquet facilities is at the top of the must try list for sure!!

The location is perfect being right on Okanagan lake with its glorious board walk and marina. In 2012 we hosted our daughters wedding and I was incredibly impressed at the level of excellence we received from the first moment we stepped through the door right through to the end of the evening. The Chef is amazing and the appetizers served at the wedding were amazing!

This past week my 50th birthday bash was hosted at the Eldorado Hotel and once again the event was incredible!! I am grateful to have such a fantastic facility in my own back yard... I will be out on the board walk this summer sipping a nice cool drink and enjoying the view.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the "bridal suite" however I have been in several other rooms that f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brad_Sieben, Manager at Hotel Eldorado, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Nexttripplanned,
Thank you for taking to Tripadvisor and spreading the good word about "The El." We appreciate you making us your "go-to" place for your milestone moments!
Partner - Director of Business Development

Been to Hotel Eldorado? Share your experiences!