I spent five nights (June 9-13) at this hotel. I was booked to stay there because it was where our meeting was taking place. Before I left, I noted the wide variation in reviews on this site. The reason is: if you just want a place that is in a good location, and do not plan to spend much time in your room except to sleep, it is absolutely fine. Huge plus is that the front desk staff are all very pleasant and very helpful. However, if you are there to work (as I was) and need to work in the room during the evenings, then you might have some issues.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the property has an adjacent new-ish "executive tower", and that is where I stayed. The internet connection there worked fine, no problems at all with connection or with speed. The problem was that the "Deluxe King" room was WAY too small for me to get any work done, (and its proximity to highway noise would likely have been a deal-breaker for sleep), and I had to pay to upgrade to a suite. The lay-out and configuration of the suite worked out great - perfect size for one business traveller with lots of documents, and also space for colleague to do some work with me.
- I would give them about a 7 out of 10 for cleanliness. Admittedly, I am picky about this. The kitchen (except for nasty kettle) was very clean as were the carpets. The bedside tables had dust & some hair on them, (so I cleaned them), and top 8 inches of bathroom mirror (and the surface of the vanity bulbs around the mirror area) were kind of yucky.
- In the suite, I kept the a/c on at all times and it worked as a (noisy) noise buffer. I did not hear hallway noise although could hear other people through bathroom walls/ceiling.
- The bed and pillows were definitely not high end; again, probably okay for a night or two, but after a few nights, my neck and back were uncomfortable.
- There is in fact NO business centre. The one computer that had been set up in the lobby to be the "business centre" is currently not usable. However, the staff were more than willing to help me out by making photocopies or printing from USB stick when necessary. Had that not been the case, things would have been problematic for the work that I was there to do.
- Shower was great! Lots of hot water and great water pressure.
To sum up:
Pros: Staff were great, suite was a good set up, shower, location convenient;
Cons: regular room was too small for my purposes, bed uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna is located in the heart of the beautiful Okanagan Valley; a world class destination featuring an endless variety of summer and winter recreational activities, making it the perfect choice for your next stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelowna Sandman Hotel
- Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna Okanagan Valley