“Good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandman Hotel Kelowna

Save Saved
You added Sandman Hotel Kelowna to your Saves list
Sandman Hotel Kelowna
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2130 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 6G8, Canada (Central City)   |
Ranked #24 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
Kamloops, Canada
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Pros – Well updated hotel, friendly service, and clean well-appointed room. I traveled on business so did not use pool facilities. But it looked great.
The hotel has many restaurant choices nearby including Chop, Cactus Club & Milestones which are all very good.
Cons – Had a lot of issues hooking up with wireless internet & there was noise of kids running inn the hallway

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

"upgraded" meaning dark charcoal carpets throughout the halls ( too bad they never vacuum) . My terrible room was almost in the parking lot- cars driving by within a foot of my ground floor window. Dark and dank is how I would describe the room- wit a 20 year old bedspread- yuk- grat things was that I had to be up at 430 a,m. to catch a 6 a.m. flight

People running around in the halls - for hours - a call to staff resulted in no action

There's a bar and restaurant on the other side of the very very long halls- and whenI checked out people were still hanging around in the parking lot from the night's festivities

No one offered to help me with my 3 very heavy bags when I checked in by myself at a lo time

Room Tip: book elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Kelowna, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry to read that you had a disappointing stay with us, and especially that the noise issues and assistance with your luggage were not dealt with. We do have a policy of quiet time between 10pm and 8am that our staff are trained to maintain for the benefit and comfort of all our guests and I regret to hear that this was not the case for you. If re-training of some of our staff is required it would be helpful to know the date that you encountered this problem but we will definitely address it with our entire team to insure everyone understands the policy and procedures to insure a quiet comfortable hotel for all.

I am also sorry to hear you felt that the hallway was not vacuumed adequately when you were here. Again, it would be helpful to hear the date this occurred as our housekeeping team vacuum the hallways at least once per day, and usually twice. I can assure you that the carpets are vacuumed frequently but apologize if that was not apparent when you were here.

With regards to the updating of our atrium section of our hotel, we are still awaiting the remainder of our new duvets and bedding but there have been extensive renovations done in the past year to all our guest rooms and public areas. Updates in the guest rooms include, but are not limited to, new carpeting, wall vinyl, bathroom vanities, light fixtures, artwork, fridges & microwaves, mirrors, and TVs, in all atrium guest rooms. While part of our order for new bedding has arrived, the remainder is expected shortly but we apologize that we did not yet have it in place when you were here. I am also sorry to hear that you did not like the colour scheme chosen for the renovations. As I am sure you can imagine, designers will not always meet every guest's colour preferences and while many of our guests have commented on how much they like the new decor, there are some that find the colours a bit dark. For guest's who prefer a lighter colour scheme in their accommodations, our Executive Tower King Rooms and Suites have a different colour palette that seems very popular with them. Again, I regret to hear the colours were not to your liking and will pass your comments along for future reference.

In summary, I apologize again for your disappointment in your stay with us. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to address your concerns directly so that we can narrow down the specifics of when this took place. This would provide us with the details required to address re-training of any of our team that may be required with regard to the specific issues that you encountered. As indicated previously, we do have policies and procedures in place to provide a quiet comfortable rest for our guests and assistance with luggage when required, and housekeeping standards that include frequent vacuuming, and we strive to maintain these standards at all times.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments as we greatly value the opinions of all of our guests..
Should you be so inclined to contact me at your convenience to discuss this directly I would be pleased to hear from you and follow through with you personally.
Okanagan Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great room, clean hotel, friendly staff. I was here for business and 6 weeks in a room can be a bit stressful. The two things I didn't like about this hotel were the noise of people shouting and running up and down the hall and second the internet would take up to 10+ min to connect and I would spend about 20 min trying to open my email or my online course load. Most days I'd give up and go to the local Tim Hortons.

Room Tip: Upstairs back of hotel is better and seems quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Kelowna, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments and constructive feedback. I have passed along your comments with regard to our friendly and helpful staff to the team and your words are much appreciated.
With regard to your internet concerns, we have been working with both our internet provider and the internet support company on improving their systems to better meet our guests needs and they have implemented a number of upgrades to the system. With the quickly advancing technology demands it does take constant enhancements to keep internet access up to speed but we will continue to strive to do so. The challenges that were slowing down internet access over the last few months have been addressed by both parties that are involved in the internet service of our hotel.
Our hotel has been designed to provide our Executive Tower, designated for business and corporate travellers, and our Atrium Complex that is configured more with family and group travel accommodations in mind. This does provide an opportunity to keep our different guest types in areas that have less impact on each other. It sounds as though there may have been some overlapping in the case of your room assignment and I apologize if we did not address it immediately for you in order to control any disturbance while you were here. If you brought this to our attention and we failed to resolve it, this is not our standard. Our hotel policy is that quiet time is to be respected from 10pm to 9am in consideration of our guests and there are procedures in place to maintain that. I would encourage you to always report any such disturbance to the front desk team to resolve and to let the hotel management know if it is not attended to, at our hotel or any other. Our intention is always to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and a good night's sleep.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and hope you will stay with us again on future travels to Kelowna.

Kelly Watt
Penticton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My daughter , grand kids & I had a wonderful stay here . The staff are very friendly & helpful . We stayed in a pool side room & really enjoyed ourselves . The pool was so warm & very clean with a nice common area around it . I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice , relaxing & fun place to take the family or even a couples get away .

Room Tip: If you have kids the pool side rooms are very nice & handy . Although it has no elevator & c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable get-away to our hotel and we thank you for your positive feedback. We often have package specials that are specifically designed for visitors within our own region to enjoy a short travel, weekend experience such as yours. Our indoor pool and poolside rooms are particularly popular for families with children during the winter for this type of trip and we also have excellent "Suite Deal" specials that appeals more to couples that may want to come to Kelowna for Dinner at Chop Restaurant and an overnight stay. Makes a great way to treat yourself after shopping, hockey game, concert etc.
We have several families that make an annual tradition of a winter visit to our hotel for the very reasons you did and we enjoy seeing the kids from year to year as they are growing up.
We hope you and your family will stay with us again on future visits to Kelowna.

Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean small room, road traffic noise. No breakfast, charges for on site computer use. No discount for any on site or promoted dinning. Close to Mc Donalds. Good for a drop in and go hotel. Well priced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive review and constructive feedback regarding your recent stay in our hotel. Our hotel does have the ability to offer a wide range of room types to accommodate a variety of needs and budgets from our smaller standard rooms with one queen bed to our Executive Tower Suites with a king bed in the separate bedroom. With our recent renovations to the entire Atrium Complex we are confident that we can offer comfortable accommodations for all room types as well as considerable dining and recreational facilities through our indoor pool, fitness room and banquet facilities.
We appreciate your comments on providing dining discounts with our Food and Beverage partners and will review this with them. We do offer a Bed & Breakfast package option for those who prefer that, but many of our guests would prefer to book a lower priced room and make their own decisions about breakfast. Because a lot of our guests like the convenience of having their own food with them, all of our guest rooms have a fridge, microwave and coffee maker in them.
While we do offer complimentary wireless access to all our hotel guests we have recently switched to a pay-for-use computer as it was more secure in protecting users from cyber fraud. There is still the opportunity to print boarding passes at no charge from this computer.
There are certainly a lot of guests that agree with your comments regarding the convenient location of our hotel and ease of getting around to all areas of the city. Being on a main road does also have some drawbacks but many of our regular guests tell us they sleep very well when they stay with us.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again on your future travels to Kelowna.

Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom suite in the tower and it was splendid, like coming home. the facilities are great, clean and working. the fitness room is large and fully set up but not full of non guests. overall I would say this is an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: The tower one bedroom suite was excellent and worth the etra.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the comforts of your Executive Tower Suite. We are also very glad to hear that our fitness room exceeded your expectations. With the recent renovations and enhancements to our Atrium Complex we were especially excited about being able to expand and improve our fitness room for the benefit of our guests, along with the renovations to our guest rooms and public areas. We hope you will choose to stay with us again for your travels to Kelowna.

Kelly Watt
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The property is located right across the road of Orchard Park shopping so its convinient location was why I chose this property. I decided to spend a bit more money to get a King Room in the Executive tower. The room was clean and but extremely small I would expect these kind of rooms from an older hotel in the big cities not in a newer tower in Kelowna. The road noise from the road directly below was also ver noticeable so was all the noise coming from the hall. Over all not the best value in town I Guess there is different interepetations of what "Executive" means.

Room Tip: Unless you book a suite in the tower a room in the atrium is better value.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KelownaManager, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Kelowna, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Our guest comments are a valuable perspective for us to review in order to continue to improve.
I was sorry to hear that you felt the room did not live up to your expectation of the term Executive. Our Executive tower rooms and suites were really designed with the business traveller in mind with over-sized desks, in room safes, additional power outlets, additional lighting and one king size bed for each room or suite. Both the King bed suites, with their seperate living room and kitchen area, and the King bed rooms have become very popular with our business travellers. It is true that some travellers do notice traffic noise more than others and we regret that you were disturbed by this. I was disapppointed to hear that you were also disturbed by noise from the hallways as this is unusual. We do have staff on 24 hours that are quick to put a stop to any noise issues that are caused by neighbouring guests. Usually one phone call to the front desk will prevent any further disruptions, so if this was not the case for you I sincerely apologize. It is important to us that our guests feel they have received good value and convenient and comfortable accommodations and we will continue to monitor our guest's comments and reviews to insure their concerns are heard and considered. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future to evaluate our success at this.

Warm Regards,

Kelly Watt,

Been to Sandman Hotel Kelowna? Share your experiences!