“Good for a stop over in Kelowna” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1780 Gordon Drive, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 3H2, Canada (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Twice = Gift Card
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Kelowna
Calgary, Canada
“Good for a stop over in Kelowna”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A nice enough hotel for the price, but not somewhere you would take the family to stay for a holiday in Kelowna. Most suited for a night or two, I would not have been comfortable staying there with my young kids. Stayed over a weekend, you could hear the party-ers arrive back to their rooms, yelling in the parking lot below the room, then out on the balcony, but I guess you could get that anywhere. The location was convenient. Staff was very friendly, room was clean, had a nice swimming pool and hot tub. Overall a nice enough place for a short stop over, and can't beat the price.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here with 4 friends. The room was very clean (we were surprised), kitchenette was convenient, free continental breakfast was fantastic (had toasted bagels with coffee - yum). We went for a swim in the pool and hot tub, it was clean and had a big supply of clean towels. Would recommend this to friends and stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel was our second choice after Dilworth Inn but we are happy that we stayed here. The owners/managers were friendly, the room was clean and well equipped with flat screen tv, fridge, micro, hair dryer, and air conditioning. We actually had two smaller rooms and balcony for two adults and a child. Second room was graeat for evening reading. The washrooms were very clean and our only complain was the lack of ventilation in it. We have to admit it happens quite often in motels everywhere but a washroom with no window and no ventilation ia a bad idea or lack of imagination. After visit to the on-site indoor pool and hot tub we all needed to shower but got a steam room in exchange. The place had surprisingly many power outlets, you don't need to move all the furniture to charge your cell. And another great feature, they serve breakfest in the morning 7-10 with basics like coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, cream cheese, peanut butter and jam. We paid $104 plus taxes with CAA discount. We definitely are coming back here next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had a great time in this hotel. Rooms are clean, Breakfast was good, Service was good and beds were comfy. Bathrooms were spotless. Good location and low prices. Incredible value. I would go back to this hotel and it was a great experience. Couldn't of asked for more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Yellowknife, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We just spent a miserable five days here. I prepaid through Expedia (big mistake) as we did not get the kitchen unit we paid for, and both sides blame the other, so no resolution,and therefore we were unable to leave and find something better.The front desk staff (owners?) are rude and unhelpful, the lady especially. we had a tiny, one bed room with a broken fridge, very poor lighting, bad mattress and pillows, and terrible construction going on from 6 am each day right off the back balcony. Internet connection was extremely patchy and kicked off every few seconds.
Breakfast is terrible compared to every other chain with free continental breakfast. The only positive was the unit was clean even though terribly run down. I will never ever stay here again, and would recommend that this is only a last resort for anyone else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was there on a thursday night, come friday the guy kicked me out at 1am after I came back from getting food. I was out all day came back at about 7pm the get ready for dinner. I got a ride from a rigshaw guy and he parked on the street because he had music, I come back at 1am in the morning and the owner had gone into my room packed all my stuff in garbage bags and put it in the lobby, First I never got a call saying he was going to do that, and we were not even in the room being loud.... So he kicks me out aat 1am no were to go had drinks and then tells me to drive my car out the parking lot drunk like wtf. I walked around tell 6am trying to find a hotel. He charged me 420.76 for one night at the hotel.and to top it all off they did not even contact me or tell me to please tell the guy to turn down his music. I am not impressed and would never stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

When we got there it all looked ok the lady at the desk was pretty rude so that threw up some red flags rite away. we walk down the hallway that smells like urine and go into a dirty old room.
I would not tell my worst ememy to stay at this dive. Not kid friendly there was loud noise all night long and the owner was fighting with some other clients at 1:00am my advise to you is to stay at any other hotel in kelowna I woke up in the morning and drove to salmon arm to get the foul feeling off my back. Jim_sorsby must be the owners buddie to write a fake review like that do not fall for it

Room Tip: Go to another hotel do not stay here