“what a mistake” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1780 Gordon Drive, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 3H2, Canada (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2 Trips, 1 Night Free*
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Vancouver, Canada
“what a mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We booked this place through Expedia.ca, which, by itself, was a big mistake. When we got to Econo Lodge in Kelowna, what we got was very different from the pictures and descriptions we saw on Expedia.ca website. The owner blamed the Expedia for the mix up and gave us smaller rooms for the price that we had negotiated through Expedia. Our room came with a balcony that was not accessible to us, but was available to the adjacent room, which was occupied, by a large group of non-English speaking young men who were in town for some kind of sport events. They were acting up like hooligans until 2:00 in the morning. When I reached for the phone to complain to the front desk about the noise, to my surprise, the phone was disconnected. I decided to go to the office and tell someone about what was happening but, yet again, the office door was locked and all lights were off. Nobody was around and there was no sign of any security personnel or other staff members. The level of noise was so bad that I even thought of calling 911 to force them to quiet down, but I decided not to. I personally did not want to confront them because I had my family with me and my girls who were quite terrified stopped me from going out there and talk to them.
Close to 2:00 a.m., the noise died out and by the time I fell asleep, it was around 3:30 a.m.
Next morning, I told the lady in the office and she apologized for that but it was too late.

Lessons for me:
1- will not deal with Expedia.ca ever again
2- will not go to any Econo-Lodge anywhere in the world ever again, especially to the one in Kelowna.

Thanks,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Laronge, Sk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at the EconoLodge. I found the rooms to be clean and quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown or a quick ride to Orchard park. It is a well managed hotel with reasonable prices for the Kelowna area.

Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We booked last minute and this was one of the only rooms available. While the location is convenient (close to beach, wineries & directly across from a strip mall) and our room was clean that is about all the hotel has going for it. The pool was old but again clean & our daughter had a good time. We skipped breakfast completely & opted rather for the Starbucks which is across the street (the hotel staff was honest in their explanation of the breakfast at check-in, simply muffins, bagels, coffee & juice). If you're just looking for a roof over your head & a clean bed to sleep in then the hotel would do but don't expect any comforts.

Clearwater, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

First off i'm never one to post anything good or bad but this warrents a complaint. For starters the room rates are very high 140.00. The continental breakfast is extremely chintzy consisting of a bagel, muffin and juice or coffee.
The pool is not at all private! Very large windows with no blinds, very dirty windows and the sun blaring in so that you cannot see into the deep end.
The railing into the pool was completely broken and easily disengaged.
The room was large enough but not overly clean! the smoke detector went off at 4am with a smell of electrical smoke coming into the room. My family evacuated and realized no one else was getting out of their rooms. My husband suspected it to be a burnt out air conditioner. The smoke was terrible so we left at 5:30 am! We contacted the manager and he had a very poor response to the whole event as much as calling me a liar.
NEVER would i recommend a place where the staff does not accomodate their guests whatever the circumstance may be.

Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here because it had a kitchen suite. The room and kitchen were small but we were still pleased with the amenities. Very clean and the staff was friendly.
The kitchen had everything we needed, free internet (quite fast actually!) and the place was very clean. They have an indoor swimming pool which looked well taken care of. They also offer a free continental breakfast.
A little pricey for what you got but it could have been because it was a long weekend holiday when we stayed there.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a short term stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had a kitchenette-convenient for our family. Our rooms were very clean, and cleaned & made up every day, even though we stayed 4 nights. All staff that we interacted with were friendly and polite. The kids loved the pool-which was also clean and in good condition.

British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

There was a big concert in town (Supertramp), so not a lot of rooms were available at other properties when I booked at the last minute. While the rate wasn't exactly cheap, the room did come with a microwave, fridge, and a coffee maker so I felt I got what I paid for. In addition, there was a free limited breakfast, and a nice indoor pool so this was a motel that would be worth staying at for anyone wanting more than just a place to sleep for the night. The flat screen TV actually included the original remote meaning you could adjust the picture to the correct aspect ratio! Unbelievable, as these days you almost never have the option, and the picture is usually stretched to fit the screen, even at expensive resorts. The bed was very comfortable as well.

Adjacent to the motel was a strip mall with a supermarket and a couple fast food restaurants, also a liquor store as well. Thus, you could park and walk if you were done driving for the day. It is possible to walk to the center of town - which I did - but it will take roughly 20 minutes. Traffic in Kelowna is notoriously bad as the city is poorly laid out so at least you have the option of parking and walking (except maybe during the heat of summer).

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows looking onto a hallway.