“Capri Hotel Filed In The Past!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna

You added Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna to your Saves list
Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1171 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, British Columbia V1Y 6E8, Canada (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
“Capri Hotel Filed In The Past!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

During the years we have stayed at the Capri for it's convenient downtown location. Hotel is centrally located in the core of Kelowna's strip mall district and restaurants. Yes, shopping is all within walking distance if you want to walk long blocks. But that summertime Okanagan dry heat will get to you, eventually!

The hotel was in dire need of an upgrade, which was slow in coming! The pool side rooms were the best the hotel had to offer, or you could end up with a parking lot view! I would rate the hotel's overall hospitality, service, rooms, around average. The vintage room is fine dining at high end prices.

There are many great restaurants in the hub of the city to choose from. Recommended to do your homework. Kelowna does have a cultural district that offers public art displays, galleries, museums, gardens, and unique shops. There is a thriving entertainment scene in the way of pubs, clubs to check out as well.

When visiting BC's beautiful Okanagan Country, there are plenty scenic areas one could stay, like right on the Lake! Okanagan Valley boasts many lakes, parks, golf courses, public gardens, and vineyards. If you want to experience wine country to the fullest, or take in picturesque Okanagan Lake, the Capri is not where you want to be.

Sandy beaches, hot sun, the outdoors, and a variety of water activities are available. Or you can just lounge over food and drinks patio side on the lake! That sounds more like a vacation!

Room Tip: Poolside Room in Tower Higher Floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I’ve had many great stays at the Coast Capri, but have to say I might try somewhere a little bit closer to the water next time around. The hotel is modern, has everything you would need (including the pool!), friendly staff, but it’s lacking a bit of charm. I can’t help but feel like I’m not on the vacation I was looking for when I leave the Capri into a heavy concrete/commercial area. Granted, it is convenient for shopping and food, but is a bit far away from the beachy Kelowna feel that I look for when I visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Stayed here with a team in September. Great location with a Old Spaghetti Factory across the parking lot. Has a beer and wine store on site - some would find this a plus, some a negative - didn't make a difference to me. :) The breakfast was fantastic in an attractive restaurant setting. Staying there again in March!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, AB, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed at the Capri for 4 nights in December and were quite pleased with our experience. Our room was very nice (if surprisingly small for a "Superior" designation). The renovations have them down to one little elevator, with poorly functioning floor buttons (you have to press the button repeatedly to get it to work), but the hotel was quiet, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was pleasant.

Hot breakfast buffet was included with our room, and we ate in the restaurant 3 mornings - the service was friendly. The buffet was basic, and acceptable, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. Fruit selection was a bowl of chopped melons (when it was filled - the first day it was empty except for a couple leftover bits). One day there was no bacon (that's a basic, I would expect). Muffin selection is the low-grade greasy crap that's now being sold in coffee shops across western Canada (including Second Cup and others) - you know them by the dark brown paper, soaked through with oil... So, as I said, it was included with our room, so was basically free... and we got a little more than we paid for.

We wanted to use the pool, but it's poorly located on complete display to everyone eating in the restaurant, so we ended up not going for a dip. We did not use the gym, but it looked like it is well equipped.

Front desk staff were friendly and attentive. Maid service was friendly, and our room was very clean. We enjoy the location of this hotel - walking distance to everything in downtown Kelowna. There's lots of parking. And we paid a very good rate, so were very happy with the cost of staying here.

Considering the other hotel options nearby, I would definitely plan on staying at the Capri again on my next trip to Kelowna.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

The lobby and rooms were very nice - clean and well decorated and the bed was very comfortable. My first night there, I could hear the people in the next room talking. They weren't partying - just talking - I don't expect to hear that in a hotel. Also, my dinner in the lounge/grill took 2 hours. I didn't have anything special and there was only me to serve, but I arrived at 6 and left at 8. It took forever to get a menu and every step seemed to be at least a half hour. I also ate in the fine dining room and it was a very different experience - good service and I was out of there in 40 minutes. I will stay there again because I always stay at Coast hotels when on business, but I wouldn't stay there with family due to the noisy rooms and slow service in the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

There is nothing much to speak about this hotel. Rooms are clean but too small to accomodate 2 adults and one child. They have a nice small pool. Lobby is good, Staff needs more training on how to deal with customer issues. I will give this hotel another try during my visit to Kelowana early next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Capri always does a great event. We have attended a dinner and dance almost every year for the past 10 years for a local Club. Food good, room good, service good, location central to Kelowna. ...........................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Coast Capri Hotel Kelowna? Share your experiences!