“decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2402 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 4J1, Canada (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 34 hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, Canada
“decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

room was nice and spacious and the bed was comfortable. the only problem was the noise between floors and hallway noise. i could hear the people in the room above mine walk back and forth all night. i could also hear the maintenance guys talking and working in the hallway early in the morning too. hotel staff is friendly and accomodating.

the hotel is a short car ride to shopping and restaurants and is only 10-15 minutes away from downtown.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
patersonKelowna, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Thank you for your good comments you've shared. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comforts of your guest room and the quality of the furnishings and that the staff were pleasant and friendly. I am sorry that your stay was noisy which can be a factor of having noisy guests below or above you, in which case I would always recommend that you phone the front desk immediately and let them know so they can send security and/or contact the guest in the room above or below and ask them to be quiet. Thank you again and we will look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Rosemary Paterson, General Manager

347 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Los Angeles, CA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

My husband and I had our wedding in Kelowna and we (as well as many of our guests) stayed at this wonderful hotel. We loved our "tower" room. It had a gorgeous view, the furnishings were modern and tasteful, and the bed was so comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the amazing breakfast that is complimentary, and what a treat to meet other guests while we had our morning meal in the lobby. The pool is essentially "indoor-outdoor" which was a lovely experience, even in October. And the staff are top-notch. They went out of their way to help us and make our stay a memorable one. We will definitely be back. Finally, we felt so great knowing that they are leading the way with eco-conscious hotel practices!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
patersonKelowna, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of the property. We are pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy many aspects of the hotel; your welcoming tower guest room and the amenities included, the pool facilities that include hot tubs and steam room and of course, the complimentary hot breakfast buffet.

Thank you for recognizing our environmental position. We continually move forward with sustainable environmental practices including solar panel heating, geothermal heating, recycling programs within the hotel and many other practices to minimize our carbon footprint. We do like to invite our guests to participate should they choose to.

Many thanks again for your compliments.
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Our Association and voting members just spent the weekend at the Best Western Kelowna for our Annual General Meetings. We host this event every year but in different provinces so we have had a variety of service throughout Canada

I must say, by far, that the BW Kelowna was the most hospitable, organized, politest and patient hotel in all my stays. They never hesitated to accommade a new request. We held our meetings as well as our banquet there. The meal was great and the decorating was awesome. The hotel even through in some of their own decorative ideas which was a fantastic idea.

I would highly recommend this hotel for any business function as well as family functions. It was fantastic..........

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
patersonKelowna, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind words describing your most recent business experience at the Best Western Inn - Kelowna. We, at the Hotel, take great pride in maintaining our facility and providing the best service and guest experience that we possibly can.

The Hotel is now managing the conference centre bookings and service, hence we are now able to ensure quality customer care. Whatever extra touches we can provide to make your event shine, we will!

Again, thank you for your thoughtful response.

Grand Forks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I found this hotel to be just like being at home. The rooms were large, clean and very comfortable. The swimming pool looked very inviting but didn't have the time to use it. The fitness center was well equipped and very clean. They even let me use it before opening hours as I workout between 4 and 5 am. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. I would book again at this hotel in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
patersonKelowna, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be similar to home with the duvets, granite, tile work etc. That is certainly the direction we have been moving for the past 6 years and its great to see it is appreciated!

It's too bad you didn't have time to enjoy our mineral pool and steam room facility but I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the fitness facility with it's natural lighting and view of the mountains.

Thank you again. I am very pleased you enjoyed your visit with us.
Kelowna, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

We had an unfortunate circumstance with an inebriated man in the hotel. The staff were very concerned and the manager called several days later to follow up, clarify the issue and offer an apology and compensation. We were very impressed. We thought the rooms excellent and the view over the city and the lake from our tower room was spectacular. No noise issues that previous posts have identified. Continental breakfast was adequate. Very good location for shopping and on the main route from the airport. Will stay again

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
patersonKelowna, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2010
Thank you for your comments and for your understanding of an unfortunate incident. It is not possible to control the behaviour of all our guests and unfortunately, you were the witness and recipient of very distasteful behaviour. Again, I thank you for your patience and understanding of this situation.

nelson bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and not had the noise problem of this latest visit. When we checked into our room and noticed earplugs on the nightstand I mentioned to my husband: Oh Oh, that does not look good. I rationalized that there had been some construction going on across the back parking lot but all was quiet there that night. The air handling system DROVE US NUTS ALL NIGHT LONG!!! It was the worst noise you can imagine when trying to sleep. I complained to front desk and was aplogized to but no attempt to move us was made. I complained on check out and requested a discount on the room to which I was laughed at. I complained to Best Western head office and have never had a reply. DO NOT STAY IN ROOM 163!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
patersonKelowna, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments regarding this past stay. I am very sorry that you did not receive proper recognition from the property staff nor from Best Western Int'l. I would encourage you to either contact me or the Guest Services Manager directly at the property or call to BWI who must respond to all complaints and it automatically emails to the property concerned.

We have had earplugs in all rooms from June through October as the city was doing night construction on the main highway. While we had very few noise complaints, most guests were very pleased to see that the hotel had provided high quality earplugs for their use.

I apologize for the air handling unit being noisy. This unit can be shut off on the wall thermostat which would eliminate further noise during the night but it also likely required some maintenance attention which I've had recorded for immediate review and repair. Again, my apologies for the poor night sleep due to this problem.

I do encourage guests who are not satisfied with their stay in any hotel to ask to speak with the manager on duty or call back the next business day to discuss your situation with the guest services manager or general manager. Normally, most hotels are willing to rectify any problems which may have occurred and are pleased to be informed if there is a problem with the room. This allows us to keep up the ongoing maintenance.

Again, I regret that you had an unfortunate stay with us.

Thank you.
Langley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Our recent stay at Kelowna's Best Western made us both say the same thing " this is one of the nicest Best Western's". My husband and I always try to stay at a BW because we collect points with them but a couple we have just walked out of and went elsewhere. We love the fat duvets and awesome linen ( you do not find these in a lot of other chain hotels). The dark hardwood and granite bathrooms made us feel like we are in a new house. We asked for extra towels and they were brought up to us in 10 minutes! The pool and area was spotlessly clean. My husband and I loved the healthy muffins in the breakfast area. Walking into the hotel made us feel very welcome with the large sofas and fireplace not to mention the spa! We will be sure to book our next room when we visit Kelowna at this Best Western.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the updated amenities that we have been adding to our hotel over the past 6 years. We want you to feel as if you have most of the comforts of home with you as you travel so we've added the duvets, the granite, new tiles, flat screen TV's etc. As part of our environmental efforts, we switched our pool to minerals from chlorine which has been a great improvement and I understand you were able to enjoy the pool.

You mentioned the "healthy muffins". I believe that you might be referring to the ones made with spelt flour or the ones with less sugar and more applesauce etc. Again, we have a wide variety to offer but also trying to work with our guests to provide options for reducing sugar, or no wheat etc.

Again, thank you for your time and warm comments.
Rosemary Paterson

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!