“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2402 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 4J1, Canada (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Cranbrook, Canada
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have stayed in this Hotel twice in the last few months. The rooms are nice, spacious well maintained & very clean. The staff have been extremely helpful even when I turned up with a large trailer & they marked out a parking spot for me. Hassle free stay, good value for money in a comfortable spot close to amenities. Although a little busy at breakfast times this due many to visiting sports teams. I would skip the breakfast & go somewhere locally its not worth the wait.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms away from the Tower, nice & quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosemary P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! I am so pleased that you've enjoyed your past stays with us and it's terrific to hear that the hotel team has taken such great care of you...I'll look forward to sharing that with them! :)

Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet can get very busy on the weekends. The reality is that when we are a full hotel, we could have anywhere from 300 - 500 people! Although we have a lovely big room plus seating outdoors in the courtyard, it's difficult when many people leave breakfast to the last 30 minutes, so we do try encourage guests to leave enough time in case of lineups etc.

Thanks again for sharing your great comments. We'll hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Rosemary Paterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Overall we were very impressed & agree with others to not let the exterior fool you. Breakfast excellent, great central location, pool & hot tub fine, flat screens & Wi-Fi, and newly renovated rooms. We would for sure stay here again, and when you get a Manager's Special or AAA then it is added value. If you travel a bit then worth it to get a Best Western Gold Crown membership as the points do up add & they do some great promos. We had most our baseball team stay there & all quite happy, and the hotel was very accommodating when our game went into extra innings resulting in a few late check-outs which was appreciated.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel might be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks very much for your great review! You'll be pleased to know that we're in the process of painting the exterior of the hotel...it's looking lovely, bright and clean! It's a big project and taking a few weeks but will look great when completed.

I'm so pleased that you and the team all enjoyed your experience with us and we'll look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Best regards,
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Nice hotel, try to get the tower (I think) since it's attached to the hotel, the rest is not, so you have to walk outside to get to your room - ok if weather's nice, but not ideal. Great complimentary breakfast with quite a bit of gluten free offerings (signs say to ask for gf bread & cereal; hot items- hashbrowns & omelettes - were gf except make your own waffles), mostly friendly service at breakfast. Nice updated bathrooms, rooms clean & very comfy beds. Mineral swimming pool nice & warm.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and that you appreciated the addition of gluten free bread and cereal. I'm glad that you also had time to enjoy our mineral indoor pool. Our tower and main building rooms are all connected in the front, but we do have great guest rooms in the courtyard and geothermal section, both are in the 2 story building on the north side with convenient parking. There is easy access across the courtyard to the breakfast Atrium and lobby.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we'll hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived at 9.30am and check-in was only at 3...we thought we would try our luck and sure enough, the front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and with a smile we were told they would be able to accommodate us early. Our room was in the tower and overlooked the courtyard garden. It was large, clean and well appointed. Free local newspapers as well as free Globe and Mail were available in the lobby. Breakfast in the morning is substantial for what is offered as a continental one. There were two kinds of eggs, sausages, an array of pastries, fruit, yoghurts, waffles to be made fresh as well as cereals and juices.
For what you pay, it is super-great value with a smile. They really went all out to show they cared, we loved that

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rosemary P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so pleased to know that my wonderful team took such good care of you and your friends! It's great to know that you enjoyed your room, the amenities and the complimentary full hot breakfast buffet.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts...I'll take pleasure in sharing them with my team! Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Bonney Lake, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went to Kelowna for hockey and chose this hotel for breakfast and the pool and hot tubs. The room was quite nice. The bedding comfortable and the amenities supplied for the bathroom were excellent. The refrigerator was the smallest I've ever had in a hotel room.

The breakfast was one of the best that I've experienced. Multiple hot items, breads, cereals, fruit and more. The breakfast alone made the stay for me and makes the property very hard for me to give an overall rating.

As stated above, I chose this location for the indoor pool and hot tub. First, I didn't realize the hot tubs were outdoor. This in and of itself was not a problem but a disappointment. The further issue with the hot tubs (and they have two) is that the jets had power equal to 1 on a 10 scale. Also the water levels seemed very low to me. They were warm... that I'll give them.

So if the breakfast equals out the hot tubs and the room comfort equals out the tiny fridge - why only average? Well the final tipping of the scale is from our room we had to walk outside the hotel to get to the breakfast area. Thankfully it wasn't raining or snowing.

If you don't care about hot tubs or refrigerators, then this is a wonderful hotel... I just can't give it greater than an average rating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, both the positive and the negative. I appreciate knowing how our guests feel about our services, amenities and overall facilities. Our hotel is very unique in that we have our 2 story building of guest rooms forming a U shape which surrounds our beautiful grass courtyard, indoor pool and outdoor hot tubs. With this comes a challenge as guests have the opportunity to walk across the courtyard and into the main building and breakfast Atrium or walk along the corridor which might pass 30+ rooms to get to the lobby. I am pleased to know that you found the breakfast a terrific experience.

I am sorry that the fridge was small for your needs. These are mini fridges inside a cabinet intended for a few food items or medication. We do have suites and full kitchen suites with larger fridges for guests requiring cooking facilities.

We do advertise the hot tubs as "outdoor" so I apologize if that was a surprise to you. However, I will look into the pressure of the jets.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future and next time we can locate you in the main building for easier access and a room with a larger fridge.
Duncan, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The onsite restaurants are great and the location is convenient. Also, the conference center is a nice benefit. The front desk staff is helpful, and stepped up when I needed extra paper in the business center. The breakfast was not all that great.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review and thoughtful comments! I do appreciate hearing what was good and what not. I'm sorry to hear that the breakfast wasn't all that great. I would welcome some more detailed feedback if you're willing to assist me via email... rosemary@bwkelowna.com.

Many thanks again for taking the time to share your comments! We'll hope to welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love this hotel; the rooms are so comfortable and very clearn. Check in's and out's are fast and the employees are knowledgeable and friendly. Getting a quality breakfast is an added bonus with items that meet everyone's appetite. It is easily my favorite hotel!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your terrific review! It is always great to hear that the hotel and its team are on the right track in understanding and anticipating our guests' needs. We try to keep up and make the necessary changes as possible.

Again, thanks for the great comments. We'll look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Warm regards,
Rosemary Paterson

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!