“they love you, you'll love them” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2402 Hwy 97 N, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 4J1, Canada (Central City)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary
“they love you, you'll love them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We arrived at 9.30am and check-in was only at 3...we thought we would try our luck and sure enough, the front desk staff were friendly and efficient, and with a smile we were told they would be able to accommodate us early. Our room was in the tower and overlooked the courtyard garden. It was large, clean and well appointed. Free local newspapers as well as free Globe and Mail were available in the lobby. Breakfast in the morning is substantial for what is offered as a continental one. There were two kinds of eggs, sausages, an array of pastries, fruit, yoghurts, waffles to be made fresh as well as cereals and juices.
For what you pay, it is super-great value with a smile. They really went all out to show they cared, we loved that

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rosemary P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am so pleased to know that my wonderful team took such good care of you and your friends! It's great to know that you enjoyed your room, the amenities and the complimentary full hot breakfast buffet.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts...I'll take pleasure in sharing them with my team! Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.
Rosemary Paterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Bonney Lake, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went to Kelowna for hockey and chose this hotel for breakfast and the pool and hot tubs. The room was quite nice. The bedding comfortable and the amenities supplied for the bathroom were excellent. The refrigerator was the smallest I've ever had in a hotel room.

The breakfast was one of the best that I've experienced. Multiple hot items, breads, cereals, fruit and more. The breakfast alone made the stay for me and makes the property very hard for me to give an overall rating.

As stated above, I chose this location for the indoor pool and hot tub. First, I didn't realize the hot tubs were outdoor. This in and of itself was not a problem but a disappointment. The further issue with the hot tubs (and they have two) is that the jets had power equal to 1 on a 10 scale. Also the water levels seemed very low to me. They were warm... that I'll give them.

So if the breakfast equals out the hot tubs and the room comfort equals out the tiny fridge - why only average? Well the final tipping of the scale is from our room we had to walk outside the hotel to get to the breakfast area. Thankfully it wasn't raining or snowing.

If you don't care about hot tubs or refrigerators, then this is a wonderful hotel... I just can't give it greater than an average rating.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, both the positive and the negative. I appreciate knowing how our guests feel about our services, amenities and overall facilities. Our hotel is very unique in that we have our 2 story building of guest rooms forming a U shape which surrounds our beautiful grass courtyard, indoor pool and outdoor hot tubs. With this comes a challenge as guests have the opportunity to walk across the courtyard and into the main building and breakfast Atrium or walk along the corridor which might pass 30+ rooms to get to the lobby. I am pleased to know that you found the breakfast a terrific experience.

I am sorry that the fridge was small for your needs. These are mini fridges inside a cabinet intended for a few food items or medication. We do have suites and full kitchen suites with larger fridges for guests requiring cooking facilities.

We do advertise the hot tubs as "outdoor" so I apologize if that was a surprise to you. However, I will look into the pressure of the jets.

Thank you again for sharing your comments. I do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future and next time we can locate you in the main building for easier access and a room with a larger fridge.
Duncan, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The onsite restaurants are great and the location is convenient. Also, the conference center is a nice benefit. The front desk staff is helpful, and stepped up when I needed extra paper in the business center. The breakfast was not all that great.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Rosemary P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your great review and thoughtful comments! I do appreciate hearing what was good and what not. I'm sorry to hear that the breakfast wasn't all that great. I would welcome some more detailed feedback if you're willing to assist me via email... rosemary@bwkelowna.com.

Many thanks again for taking the time to share your comments! We'll hope to welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I love this hotel; the rooms are so comfortable and very clearn. Check in's and out's are fast and the employees are knowledgeable and friendly. Getting a quality breakfast is an added bonus with items that meet everyone's appetite. It is easily my favorite hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your terrific review! It is always great to hear that the hotel and its team are on the right track in understanding and anticipating our guests' needs. We try to keep up and make the necessary changes as possible.

Again, thanks for the great comments. We'll look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Warm regards,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I liked the way check-in went, very fast in spite of not having a reservation. Proper questions from Heather got me into my room at the correct rate in mere minutes. In general, all staff I encountered were very professional.

The rooms are large, clean, and as quiet as I would expect. Too chilly for the balcony, but I would have found it wonderful during one of the warm evenings I hear Kelowna gets in the summer. Wireless and wired internet were good. Bed was good, but the pillows hated me for some reason.

Breakfast was the only surprise - could use a little work on the variety and quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am really pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel room and amenities to be attractive. I'm sorry that you found the breakfast lacking as we try to provide a great variety of fresh options. If you have a moment and are willing to email me at rosemary@bwkelowna.com, I would welcome your detailed suggestions on improvements that you would like to see.

Again, thanks very much for your comments. We will hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Langley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Staff is always plesant and willing to assist in any way to make you stay a plesant one. I am always treated with respect, no matter how dirty i might look or what i am wearing after a long days work out side. I rate this Hotel as the Best in Kelowna! Thank you

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for your great review! I am so glad to know that your sleep is always comfortable here (we do have terrific beds from Simmons Beautyrest) and that the hotel team treats you in a professional, respectful manner at all times. I do truly appreciate your loyalty in choosing to stay with us when in Kelowna.

Many thanks again for your great comments. We'll look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a wonderful stay, I have never met a friendlier, more accommodating staff. Everything was clean, the beds were firm but comfortable and the complementary breakfast buffet was delicious with a good variety and they were putting fresh food out right to the last minute. 10 out of 10 I will definitely be checking in again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel team were friendly and accommodating to your needs. I will look forward in sharing your comments with my team!

Thank you again. We will hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.
Rosemary Paterson

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelowna Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!