“Best Indian in Kelowna by far!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Poppadoms - Taste India!

Poppadoms - Taste India!
948 McCurdy Road, #118, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 2P7, Canada (Highway 97)
+1 778-753-5563
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 544 Restaurants in Kelowna
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Highway 97
Description: Poppadoms is a little family-run restaurant in Kelowna. For us, wholesome food starts with great quality raw ingredients. That's why we make our own paneer using local dairy. Our naan bread is made using local organic eggs. We only use seafood that's sustainably caught. Plus, all of our meat is free-range. Where possible, we like to change our menu seasonally to make the most of what the Okanagan and BC has to offer. We want to re-introduce you to Indian food and show you how each region in India is different with tastes, spice blends and techniques.
Kelowna, Canada
“Best Indian in Kelowna by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

There's not a damn thing I can say bad about this place. Family run. Fabulous flavourful authentic Indian food. I don't go anywhere else!! Definetly a must go to! Never ever had a bad meal or dish. The naan bread is to die for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Calgary, Canada
“The real deal in Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was just great, good service, nice atmosphere. A large family next to us had a crying baby but that did not deter from our enjoyment. Turns out they were from Calgary and had lots of relatives from Kelowna some who we knew afer talking to them !
We ended up having a beer with them and got to see the cute baby up close. After we left, for a couple of days were still yaking how good it was, will go again next time we visit. Anyone wanting authentic Indian food, this is a good place.
Good work !

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Canada
“Great price value for lunch !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We visited Poppadoms at lunch time and it was a great price value for excellent food. We had Mixed Tiffin and Korma with lamb. The organic green tea was a perfect round up of the meal.
A tablespoon of natural yoghurt to the Mixed Tiffin would have been nice !

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“JCGoodTaste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I walked in to pappadoms and was greeted with a warm smile seated and the warm rich aromas of fine Indian spices circled the air.I started the order off with veggie samosas they arrived in good time as the seductive smells made me hungrier by the minute.You could tell by the first bite this was fresh , two big somosas now I was getting exctited for my main course tika mossala chicken with naan bread.Again the food arrived in good time pefect blend of spices sent my tongue into overdrive the naan just complimented the dish nicely.My only problem came when I couldn't stop eating wow was I full, next time I may not start with the two big somosas,but they were sooogoood.The owner came over and intruduced himself what warm man he explained the great care they take in preparing a fresh healthier option in fine Indian dinning.

"Can't wait to try more!"

Calgary
“Upscale pricing but worth it on terms of quality and taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Kelowna and came here because of the great reviews. We weren't disappointed. Delicious kadhai chicken and lamb rogan josh. The food was light and tasty without the heavy feeling that often follows Indian meals.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere