“Good start” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Plateau Bistro - CLOSED

Le Plateau Bistro
3045 Tutt St., Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada (South Pandosy - K.L.O.)
250-861-8618
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
“Good start”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

For a first lunch visit, we were happy: good service and good food in happy surroundings; only the home-made pate was a little soggy once it warmed up.
We're going again.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kelowna, Canada
“Perfect bowl of seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

We visited for a birthday and it was probably the best birthday dinner I have ever had. The place is small but really nice and the server was very helpful. We started with a poutine, it surprised me that it was on the menu, but it was fantastic, great fries and real cheese curds melting under a winderful gravy. Anyways the restaurant serves great food without being stuffy. I had the bouillabaisse and it was the perfecrt bowl of seafood and my partner had a great looking steak. Will definately be coming back.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kelowna, Canada
“A culinary triple threat to any competition in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

First impression: An intimate independant establishment without distracting technology to muddy the experience. Great start! Our server was amiable, helpful and skilled. Another positive sign. As we enjoyed the excellent French wine, the Pumpkin Soup was served. This smooth, creamy (not heavy) oh-so flavourful bowlful left us wanting another. Our second course featured a Ragout Crepe and Quiche. I now understand why a dog guards his bowl. Nary a morsel remained on either of our plates. Share a dessert? Why not. A wee pot of Creme Brulee was the perfect ending to a perfect meal. I am quite certain that during my considerable years, have never been so completely impressed with a meal from wine through dessert. I will recomment and return to Le Plateau Bistro again and again and again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Cozy and amazing cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have been coming since the beggining. I have never been disappointed but tonight was one of the best dinner that I had in Kelowna. Fresh ingredients, a nice touch of using local produce to reinvent French cuisine (purple yams with the rabbit).Very authentic, relaxing and tasty experience! From the start to the dessert! Bravo Le Bistro !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Food...Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Dinner on January 14, 2012. This is a very small intimate Bistro in a small mall. Unlike many restaurants in Kelowna, there is definitely no view here. But the real reason to go is for the food. I had perfectly prepared Trio of Lamb while my wife had the tenderloin with green peppercorn sauce. She thought her dinner better than one she had recently had at a top-rated Vancouver restaurant. Service was attentive and friendly. The wine list was adequate for the size of the restaurant and was not limited to Okanagan wines. Curiously, there was no ice wine available to accompany dessert. In our case, chocolate cheese cake which was as light as a mouse and a Tahitian Vanilla creme brulee of perfect consistency. The only slight negative was a too acidic dressing on the tomoatoes accompanying the crab cake appetizer, but this is really nitpicking. I highly recommend this restaurant for those who love great french food.

• Visited January 2012