“Good for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Kelowna

You added Comfort Suites Kelowna to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Kelowna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2656 Highway 97 North, Kelowna, British Columbia V1X 4J4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Kelowna
Cambridge
“Good for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We booked this as a couple so one of the big beds was wasted but we knew that before we arrived. Have an argument and use both! Check in was friendly and efficient. Wi-Fi was fast and painless to connect. The "pool" is a lot smaller than the (wide angled) pictures suggest but the kids who were playing in it were obviously having fun. Breakfast was very good, all you could eat and more. The crispy streaky bacon isn't what us Brits are used to but it ain't Britain so don't complain. We had a room on the 4th floor, nice view and no noise. I'd recommend Joey or Montanas grill as places to eat, both within 15 minutes walk. Joey is more upmarket but I prefer Montanas. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and time in Kelowna. Thank you as well for sharing your comments regarding the restaurants near our hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to make your positive comments and we hope to be able to welcome you back on your next Canadian adventure.

Kind regards

Carla Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Coquitlam, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Stayed May 2014 with family. Check in was quick and easy and the staff were friendly. While we were checking in the front desk staff asked the housekeeping staff if our room was ready to which she replied "yes". Upon checking out our room we noticed that the toilet had been used and not flushed!! This was not a good first impression. Now I'm assuming the entire bathroom wasn't really cleaned either, so I pulled out the Lysol wipes. The rest of the room seemed ok, but since I was already grossed out, it didn't really feel clean. We did receive a courtesy call from the front desk shortly after, but by this point I had wiped everything down and didn't feel like changing rooms or having someone come clean again, so I did not mention it.
Besides that, the staff were nice, the kids enjoyed the pool and water-slide, and the breakfast was average. The a/c worked well, bed, pillows and linens were nice, (kids shared the sofa bed) and there was a fridge and microwave which were convenient. Coffee was good too. Parking lot was almost full when we arrived back in the evening, but it was fine during the day. Our room was next to the laundry room, so we were a little concerned, but we had no issues with noise. Location was ok, lots of restaurants and stores within a short drive, nothing really you can walk to.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. I do hope that you enjoyed your time in Kelowna.

I do apologize for the condition of your bathroom. Please know that we do courtesy calls so that we can "make things right" if there are any concerns; it is unfortunate that you did not let our front desk agent know at that time. I will be providing your comments to our housekeeper supervisor as a reminder for focus on housekeeping check of rooms. thank you for letting me know.

For now, and again- thanks so much and I do hope that we are able to see you again in the future. May I wish you all the best always,

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Check in was efficient and friendly and there was plenty of parking available. The lobby of the hotel is beautiful and very nicely decorated. There is a large swimming pool with a three story slide just off the lobby. There is a small fitness room with no water available. Our room was large and well appointed - I walked in and commented that it was a nice room. The AC didn’t work well in our initial room and we asked for another - the clerk graciously moved us. The AC worked great in the new room. The hotel reserves their fourth floor for elite guests and has a nice fruit bowl set out on that floor. Our new room (on the third floor) had the nightlight in the bathroom not working and the sink did not drain worth a darn. I can’t understand why the folks who clean the room didn’t notice the problem. The bed slept well. There was a recycle bin in our room which made recycling easy (I notice this in lots of Canadian hotels and appreciate it). Breakfast was adequate and they had a choice of bold coffee which I appreciated. Their OJ was very good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I truly do appreciate your objective comments-you are absolutely right regarding the check of drains. Please know that I am sharing your feedback with our maintenence and housekeeping team to ensure that any challenges are timely communicated and repaired for best guest stay. Please know that your comments will be used in our training of the new team as well.

thanks once again and I hope to be able welcome you back to the Comfort Suites on your next Kelowna adventure. The "bold" coffee will be waiting for you; it truly is delicious.

All the best
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Lobby is a nice place to sit and relax. Great family hotel, especially if you have kids that like pools and water. Exercise room is nice and equipment is in good condition. Located on main road through Kelowna. Pillows are full size and great assortment to fill anyone's needs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor. I am pleased that you found our location to be of value and provide a great stay. I do hope that you enjoyed your time in Kelowna, and hope to be able to welcome you on any future stays.

Kind Regards,

Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. They have definitely thought of the little things like extra plugins for charging all your various phones and tablets.

There is a pool and hot tub here. The hot tub I must say is probably the hottest one I have ever been in. I don't think it has ever taken me that long to submerge myself in a hot tub trying not to shock my system. We couldn't hang out in there long before overheating and my wife loves heat so it wasn't just me. They could probably drop it down a few notches.

The morning breakfast was excellent with English muffins, eggs, bacon so you could make your own breakfast sandwich. They also had a few waffle makers. One of the better complimentary breakfasts I've had. The only problem is it closes at 9:30 so if your planning to sleep in you might miss some good food.

The front desk staff were very friendly on check in and check out. Everything went very smoothly.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the recharge stations to be of assistance.

Truly sorry that the hot tub was too hot for you. Temperature is a "personal" type experience- but please know that our hot tub is kept at the mandatory temperatures as per interior health and the design of the hot tub. I have checked our records, and these do show that the temperature was right on the mark. Sorry, it was too warm- I do hope that you were able to enjoy the cooler splash pool.,

Once again - thank you so much for your comments- and we do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed overnight for a business trip, but would come back again with family one day. Hotel is only a few years old, so rooms are clean and neat. You even get a choice of pillows - soft or firm - on the bed. Staff is very polite and pleasant (Nuerka always had a great smile!) I arrived on a Wednesday, and they served in-house freshly made cookies...yummy...what a warm welcome into the stay! Kids would love the pool and waterslide while adults can enjoy the hot tub next to it. Buffet breakfast had a good variety - from juices to milk, waffles to all sorts of bread...no complains there :) Not sure if I missed another way to get into hotel, but I'm only aware of the Harvey entrance/exit to property, so if you're on the other side of this highway, you will have to turn left at the closest intersection, and turn around to get into the hotel. Otherwise, this is a great place to stay and great staff/service!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you too for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

You are absolutely right-. Heading North on Highway 97 it is a bit tricky to enter our front entrance way. I will have to ensure our team ask... what direction are your heading?.. please know that there is a street- Commerce Street just prior our hotel- and with a left hand turn using the left hand turn lane and past the Blue tail sushi, Helmut's Sausage Kitchen and 48North restaurents-there is a right hand turn into our back entrance. Sorry we didn't let you know this before you travelled to the hotel from Down town. Hopefully the readers will see this tip!

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Kelowna adventure.

Kind Regards.

calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wow, make sure you factor this free breakfast into the price. Wasn't blown away by the room, was clean enough. The bed and bedding were great though and I guess that's what matters. But the breakfast! Eggs, bacon, make your own waffle, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juice, muffins, fruit!! Recommend!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesKelowna, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kelowna, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
It really is appreciated to receive your positive comments regarding our morning hot breakfast. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back on your next Kelowna adventure.

Kind Regards

Carla Carlson

Been to Comfort Suites Kelowna? Share your experiences!