“Exquisite Food with a Great View, and loved the background music” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 504 restaurants in Kelowna
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Exquisite Food with a Great View, and loved the background music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

So many here have written about the excellent food, view and wines, and you can add our voice to the choir. While I am not personally keen to the style and décor of the winery –looks like a department store, the quality of the food from the restaurant kitchen is worthy of all the accolades. I want to add a special recognition to our affable waitress who I subsequently discovered was responsible for “mixing” the background music which played on the beautiful warm evening my wife and I were there. Her taste in music was divine (very eclectic from Ben Howard to reggae and Amy Winehouse, and whole lot of indie artists) and provided an excellent complement to the outstanding food, wine and views.

• Visited September 2012

84% Recommend
Kelowna, Canada
“Good Winery Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We chose this restaurant for our anniversary, and we weren't disappointed! We started up in the wine shop at the top, and we enjoyed the complementary tastings. We even walked out with three bottles of wine to take home, it was so good. Then we proceeded downstairs for dinner. The view was spectacular, and the food amazing. We started off with some complementary quails legs with a plum sauce on the side. They were just the thing to start us off. Our next course consisted of the tomato and bocconcini salad and the Gravlax. The bocconcini were melt in the mouth. I ended up stealing most of them from my partner's plate. The main courses were the surf and turf and the lamb followed by hazelnut torte and creme brulee. It was all accompanied by an amazing view and great service. This place is now on our list for out of town guests. If I had one recommendation, it would be to bring a sweater or a jacket if you are sitting on the deck in the fall. It got a little chilly in my short sleeve shirt.

• Visited September 2012
Gatineau
“Simply Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is the second time we have lunched at the Grapevine and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious (fresh, local ingredients), the view stunning and the wine, well, wonderful! The staff were great with my 7 year-old son and the special plate of simple pasta they made him was a nice touch. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Calgary, Canada
“The most amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped for lunch directly after our flight when we first arrived into Kelowna. What a fantastic idea!

We made a reservation which worked well for us, we arrived and were seated immediately.

The server was very helpful, polite and professional.

DH had a glass of Pinot Gris which was exceptional - we ended up buying a few bottles in the gift shop afterwards.

I had a Pulled pork wrap, the flavors exploded in my mouth. DH had Pasta with Chorizo and Shrimp and really enjoyed it.

We are already planning our trip back for next spring.

The view, the service, the food - all great!

Red Deer
“Beautiful Vineyard Backdrop, First Class Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We went for lunch and enjoyed the charcuterie cheese platter to start $24 and then shared the special (snapper with potato and green bean salad) $19 as well we shared the shrimp & chorizo pasta dish $19. We could have licked the plates clean the favors were so good! Dessert was fresh berries with ice cream. We will remember this quality meal for a very long time to come. It was the jewel of our entire weeks vacation! I think the evening meals are $$$$ rated and the lunch choices are $$$. Well worth the splurge! We checked out numerous wineries and this place had the menu online. I like to know what they offer before I go. If someone said what would you choose for your "last meal"..... I'd pick the shrimp & chorizo dish!