“WINE TOUR I RECOMMEND” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Wine Tours

Club Wine Tours
Kelowna, Kelowna, British Columbia V4T 1T6, Canada (Highway 97)
(250) 762-9951
Attraction Details
Kelowna, b.c.
“WINE TOUR I RECOMMEND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

I also was on the last wine tour and I found it to be a wonderful experience. This guest
was totally out of line. There were 8 people on my full day tour. All of us had a great experience learning about wine. Bill went out of his way to explain the proper techniques of wine tasting. Lunch was great. Enjoy the wine experience with Club Wine Tours.

James & Shella Jones

Calgary, Canada
“Terrible never again waste of money.,.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

We just recently went on this wine tour it was a terrible experience, We paid way too much for nothing. For my husband and I we paid $290.00 tax included for the full day. Its a complete rip off and we would never ever suggest them for anyone. Its very misleading to whats included. We had to pay for 2 tasting at 2 wineries. Why it wasnt included really made us angry. The worst part is we even had to pay for lunch which we didnt get a choice of what we were going to eat. It was horrible never again. The best thing to do it just go to the wineries on you own. The best one was Mission Hill where we should of just went there in the first place. The other wineries are boring and waste of time.

West Kelowna, Canada
16 attraction reviews
“Very Nice Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I received a gift certificate for a Club Wine Tours luncheon tour for two. As I am a local, I am familiar with wine tastings and have been to a number of local estate wineries.

This was a very enjoyable experience as we were shown "out-of-the-way" wineries that we, ordinarily, just drive past. Some truly beautiful locations and we sampled some really delicious wines. Additionally, it was great being picked up - in a passenger van - and brought safely home after better than 5 hours of tastings!

The tour operator, Bill Jack, shared wine-making information and stories regarding the families and history of the estates we were visiting. In most cases, we got to meet the owners and talk to them about their wines. Very cool.

Unless specifically stated otherwise, lunch is not included in the package! We knew that going into the tour and it did not seem to be a surprise to any of the other guests joining us on the tour.

It was a great group of people - total of 9 - who joined us. While mostly Canadian, we also had a nice couple from England. All in all, a very nice experience.

Berkshire
“A lovely afternoon out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

We went on a Club Wine Tour when we were in Kelowna in August this year. It was more expensive than other wine tours which I have done in other countries but for Canada, the price of Club Wine Tours seems about average.

We were driven around by the guide Bill Jack. He's a really friendly and knowledgeable guy and he helped us have a great afternoon out. We went to several gorgeous wineries - I really wish I could remember the name of them now. We decided not to have a meal as that costs extra but really wish that we had as the locations of the wineries that offered food was beautiful.

Before I went to Canada on holiday I didn't know that Canada made good wines. I'm now a total convert and only wish that Canada exported their wines. It was a shame that we were only able to buy the wine we could drink whilst on holiday.

All in all it was a great afternoon out. Bill was a great guide as as well as taken us to the larger wineries he also took us too some smaller friendler wineries where the staff were had more time to tell us about their wine. If we had visited the wineries ourselves we probably wouldn't have visited the smaller places.

Whilst I thought the cost was quite expensive compared to other wine tours I've done in other countries, Club Wine Tours do take you to a lot of wineries so it is a full afternoon out..

If we ever visit Kelowna again we will try a sunset dinner tour and would definately pick Club Wine Tours!

Kirkland Lake. Ontario
“Club Wine Tours a bust”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Club Wine Tours of Kelowna badly misrepresents itself. Below is the online blurb from the companies website which is also reflected in it's print pamphlet.

Signature Tour and Lunch
5 Hours. 10am $75.00.
Club Wine Tours' most popular tour with excellent value and maximum enjoyment.5 Visits to Award Winning Wineries.
5 Hours of Touring.
Includes Vineyard Lunch.

The contact info of same is;

Club Wine Tours

Kelowna,
British Columbia, Canada
V4T 1T6
Phone: (250) 762-9951
Toll Free: 1-866-FUN-WINE
Toll Free: 1-866-386-9463

When a tour of this nature says it includes lunch that means the lunch is included in the price of the tour. This was not the case. Indeed a "group lunch" was suggested by the tour operator, without indicating the tour members would be paying for it, that came to over $50 per couple increasing the tour from $75 to more than $100. We were given the song and dance that the print pamphlets were old and the online website hadn't been updated as the webmanager was away on holiday. How convenient. We are visiting from Ontario and will NOT be promoting the Okanogan as a place to visit. This was the 2nd instance of a tour not matching it's advertising and this is unacceptable. I advise avoiding this tour company.

All this said the wineries themselves were well worth visiting.