“Tasty food in the mission!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cabana Grill - CLOSED

Cabana Grill
3799 Lakeshore Road, Kelowna, British Columbia V1W 3K5, Canada (South Pandosy - K.L.O.)
2507631955
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Pandosy - K.L.O.
Cross street: Cook Street
Transit: #1 Lakeshore stops on Lakeshore Road right in front of the restaurant at Cook St.
Kelowna, Canada
“Tasty food in the mission!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family went to Cabana a while back and it is comparable to most places in the area. The food menu has lots of options to choose from, and it can take a while to make up your mind as there are a lot of times we could have/wanted to order. I went with a pizza and my wife the tuna salad. Our son who is 2 had some burger sliders. I will say the food was extremely tasty, however there is someone in the kitchen who has no idea of TOO much salt. Salt is used to enhance the flavour, not be the flavour. If salt burns your tongue, then to the boy in the kitchen... relax and stop smoking to bring the taste buds back. Really, I've heard through others that Cabana is notorious for salty food. Just giving you a heads up. The food under the salt is very tasty!!!

Our server was friendly, however new so her menu knowledge was a little spotty but to be expected. It was early in the evening so quite easy to be in and out before the crowd and since our little man liked his food, we will come back to try it again.

Really... the food was great but just needs some minor guidance in the kitchen regarding seasoning. It's a bit more trendy inside, but cozy. They have an open kitchen design and look like there is live entertainment from time to time with a little stage present. Between Smack Dab, The El and Cabana Grill... I say Cabana is the better bang for the buck! It might not have the water view, but when I go to a restaurant I go to eat rather than stare out a window.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kelowna, Canada
“Awesome patio and great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Been here a few times and always a great time. First time was when we were visiting Kelowna and came here for lunch. Sat out on their patio and what a nice patio at that. Food was good and server was nice. Second time was when my wife and I moved to Kelowna and came as part of a private function. We had their baseball steak and wow it was one of the best steaks I ever had in my life. Third time was to say goodbye to a co-worker that was leaving to move to Calgary. It was a semi private work event and we all sat out on their patio. Had some appies that were awesome and they had great music playing and we all partied most of the night. Only thing that is annoying but not Cabana's fault is the traffic. I hate it when jerks on motorcycles gun their motors when they past and you know they are doing that on purpose to get people's attention. Either that or jerks in their so called pimped out cars gunning past to impress the girls. Aside from that a perfect place to go as a couple or with friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oyama, Canada
“Amazing Food with Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have to say that this had to be one of the better meals we have had in a long time. The food was AMAZING!!!!!...I don't usually write reviews but I have to say that I was over the top that, we for once, had FANTASTIC SERVICE! It is rare that you have service that actually likes to interact and get your orders correct all at once and come quickly :) I would definitely recommend. We are from Oyama and it is a bit of a commute but well worth it! The only disappointment is that we were expecting a live band and were told that they would be there but instead had a DJ. The positive is that the DJ was great :) I would say that it is fine dining (food quality) with high end pub feel. I look forward to going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
VANCOUVER
“High Energy, Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived on a Friday. The place was a-hoppin'. Table for 4 + baby was quicky found. Appies arrived within 10 minutes of ordering-quicker than the drinks. A first! Meals quickly followed & were absolutely delicious. No complaints. Staff were excellent. Meal was excellent. Atmosphere... you know it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kelowna
“A place that feels like you're on holiday in the summer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Great place with comfortable outdoor patio seating, loved the eats and snacks available already paired with a drink..we enjoyed the risotto balls immensely! Try 'em!
Great fondue options too