“talented chef, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of J&K Sushi

J&K Sushi
1821 Trans Canada Highway East, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada (Valleyview)
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 270 restaurants in Kamloops
Neighborhood: Valleyview
Neighborhood: Valleyview
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“talented chef, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a fairly casual sushi restaurant with a nice little selection of korean dishes. I dropped in late on a Wednesday evening, ordered 'the chef's special sushi', a couple of inari, and a miso soup. The miso soup was very good, but the inari were about half-sized. In fact, on close examination they proved to be one inari that was cut in half! I was still charged for two... :-(

The waitress, though friendly and efficient wasn't quite sure of what the advertised 'chef's special' consisted of - she described it as "a seafood something". It would have been helpful if she had warned me it was SPICY seafood something - as it was enormously spicy. Luckily, I love spicy sushi, so it was not a problem for me ... but for many other sushi fans - I could well imagine them having to send it back!!! Anyway, whatever it was, it was BRILLIANT! One of the best spicy chef's special sushi rolls I have EVER had. Overall: Five stars for the chef, 3 stars for the management - call it 4. Just be warned, it's not exactly a 'budget' sushi place. But not crazy expensive either...

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Edmonton
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Really good service and reasonable prices! I go here a few times a month and I have never had a bad experience! Friendly staff and great cooks!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kamloops, Canada
“Ok But I've Had Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've had better. Place smelled like disinfectant as soon as we walked in. My Cali Roll was gummy and wet and tasted off. What's with that? My daughter's Philly roll was ok. I was impressed by the waitress though. She was very cheerful and accommodating but I don't think I will go back. I know more affordable places that are better in Kamloops.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
kamloops
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love sushi! J&K sushi is the very best in town! the service is always so friendly, the food is usually incredibly fast and ALWAYS delicious! I have been to every sushi place in Kamloops and i have to say, none of the others can compare.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kamloops, Canada
“Sooooo Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We go quite often to JK, the staff is fabulous. Shaun & Kimmy make me laugh everytime we go in there. Try it you will Love it.

Visited August 2012