“Good Value,Good Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harold's Family Restaurant

Harold's Family Restaurant
1771 Trans-Canada Hwy Kamloops, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 3Z6, Canada (Valleyview)
(250) 372-2135
Neighborhood: Valleyview
Edmonton, Canada
“Good Value,Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only negative thing I have to say is they need more vegetarian options. I also think most restaurants need this too. The service was friendly, polite and prompt. The food was good and very fast yet not fastfood type food. I know it was prepared upon ordering not before had and sitting there like some restaurants.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Calgary
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is an excellent family restaurant. Located right on the Trans Canada Highway it has a wide selection of food (to meet everyone's tastes) and the prices are reasonable. Friendly staff

Visited June 2013
Peachland, Canada
“A Rose amongst the franchise Thorns”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

It was with some trepidation that we approached Harold's Restaurant just off the Trans Canada in eastern Kamloops. We generally avoid "family" restaurants but the only other options at that time were the fast-food burger joints that surround this establishment. So we decided to park out snobbish attitudes and go in for a meal. We are glad that we did. The food is basic truck-stop traditional - big all day breakfasts, chops and salisbury steaks, lots of onions and gravy. A large and varied menu typical of family restaurants. What was different was the quality! The food was freshly cooked (and worth the wait) and had a home-cooked feel. The portions were large and we have seldom had such good fries or O'Brian potatoes. My wife had an omelette and it was served with an Octoberfest Sausage that was large and delicious. My club sandwich was hard to eat without the generous contents spilling out into my hands. The service was good and we were surrounded by diners who were either regulars or tourists but all of whom were happy with their respective meals. That created a happy atmosphere and we began to understand how a local mom and pop family restaurant has endured for so many years amidst a jungle of better known alternatives. We will return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Big servings, home-cooked menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stopped here at the recommendation of the hotel desk clerk.

Boasting the usual 'home-cooking' menu, including items like pork chops as well as more usual short order items, the selection is varied and the portions are large. Good quality and friendly service demonstrate why this is a favourite of the locals. Stuck in a bit of a '60s rut with the background music, but that seems to be the demographic of the customer base anyway.

The only downside was that we waited at the front for a few minutes before being told to 'sit anywhere'. The service was okay, and the food was pretty good.

I'd go back there again if I was passing through Kamloops. Nothing really special, but I can see why the customers return.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kamloops, Canada
“Ok food but won't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to this place for lunch and found the following:
1. If you appreciate good clam chowder do not order their "Famous Clam Chowder"
2. I entered the restaurant and there was no sign telling you to wait to be seated or please be seated and after standing at the entrance for 10 minutes and no one acknowledging me I asked a gal who worked there if I should find a seat and she said take a table where ever I can find a clean one.
3. After sitting I finally got a menu after another ten minute wait.
4. A gal came and asked me if I had been served yet and I said no and she walked off and never came back. Another lady came along and took my order.
5. I ordered the clam chowder under her advice. I watched my chowder sit under the heat lamp for almost fifteen minutes while a waitress stood beside it texting....it was long enough that the top layer had formed a crust type sheen.
6. It was the same for my meal.....sat under the heat lamp for way too long and the mash potatoes had chunks of hard potato
7. I also had to wait for five minutes to get the waitresses attention so I could get a fork and knife to eat with

• Visited June 2013