“Disappointed big time!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kamloops

You added Super 8 Kamloops to your Saves list
Super 8 Kamloops
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2459 East Trans Canada Hwy, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 4A9, Canada (Formerly Valleyview Lodge) (Valleyview)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #49 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
North Shuswap
“Disappointed big time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My pregnant daughter and son in law stayed here for 2 weeks end of March beginning of April, they where in town looking for a home as our son in law works in Kamloops ! My husband and I stopped by for coffee on a trip to town! I know that for $460.00 for 2 weeks, what their photos represent was certainly not what they where given to stay in. Their room was very small, bathroom was dirty, floors had stains, the kitchenette was an old sink stove combo that smoked, there was only a few dishes, they had to go buy their own, an old tv, not flat screen, and only one chair for table, bed appeared to have been switched out, queen to a small double! There was old dried up food in the dressers! They paid up front otherwise they would have moved!!! After seeing this, we told them to come stay in our motorhome! I must note that they had only been in hotel for 2 days when we visited, they did not dirty bathroom or floors! My daughter had to clean bathroom when they got there. I have stayed in Super 8 and Wyndham hotels before, this has got to be the worst representation of their companies properties I have ever seen. I feel my kids where taken advantage of because they are a young couple!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

My husband and I were travelling To the Sunshine Coast for Christmas! After staying at numerous other super 8 locations, we thought we would be safe choosing the Kamloops location! WRONG! We got a smoking room accidentally, which, if it weren't 3 am when we arrived, and so tired I couldn't blink an eye, I would have moved in a heartbeat! It was dirty and gross! And stunk so bad!
The receptionist was sweet so lesson learnt!
So long Kamloops!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Before even getting to the room I was already regretting staying at the motel. The parking lot is designed for small cars. My tires of my work truck were within millimeters of touching the parking stall lines leaving no room to get in or out of the vehicle. The room was small. The bed was hard and the bedding smelt of bleach. Even with a room at the back of the motel the train could still be clearly heard in the room and the trains run all night. I will never stay at this location again and would think twice about staying at any super 8

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
West Kelowna, British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

Because we had a pet we stayed in a 2 bed unit which is fine with us. It smelled of old cigarette smoke. The TV did not have a HDMI outlet. Otherwise it was clean and quiet. The reception was friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Vancouver, British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Bugs and more bugs in our room and especially all over the window wall, apparently from the adjacent property's maple trees. We understood the hotel manager's problem with this, but were unhappy that we had not been warned on check in. We asked for a discount & got a $35 reduction on our $175 bill for two nights' stay - OK but not great! We will cheerfully patronize Super 8's in future, but not this location! If we had known of this situation ahead, we would have booked at the other Kamloops Super 8 location. Note that aside from the insects, our room was nice & clean.

Breakfast was busy as there were many guests, probably mostly for the Adams River Salmon Festival which we were attending. The front desk attendant, although friendly & cheerful, did not refill food & other supplies regularly, so we & other guests were left wanting. For example, on our first morning there was no coffee or juice in either of those dispensers while we ate. Not up to the usual Super 8 breakfast standards!

Our friends (in the adjacent room) had not previously stayed with Wyndham, and they were not impressed with the either bug situation or the breakfast. Too bad, Wyndham!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Nirmalthind, Owner at Super 8 Kamloops, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Dear guest,

We try our best to provide a comfortable stay to our guest. The situation you have mentioned was sudden that is why we were not able to warn you at the time of your check-in. We had immediate pest control treatment for those boxelder or maple bugs coming from the neighboring property. As you mentioned it was very busy day at property. More than 70 people were having breakfast and that is why refilling of breakfast supplies was not regular.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience occurred to you.

Been to Super 8 Kamloops? Share your experiences!