“My favorite Breakfast Spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cora

Cora
1801 Princeton Kamloops Hwy, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada (Aberdeen)
+1 778-471-5944
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 286 Restaurants in Kamloops
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Aberdeen
Description: A family friendly, Canadian franchise that was established in 1987, Quebec by Cora herself. An abundance of fresh fruit that is served as edible art, omlettes, eggs benedictine, waffles and so much more. Enjoy the huge sunny patio in the summer or the bright sunny dining room that is surrounded by windows.
“My favorite Breakfast Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Best service ever! Food quality excellent! We eat here as much as we can! Its a little more pricey than Denny's but worth every penny! Perfect for a healthy meal to start the day. I haven't yet come for lunch but one day we'll give it a try too. Im sure it great!

Visited May 2014
corakamloops, Owner at Cora, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
This is so nice to hear! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us positive feedback. We have posted your comments for all the staff to see and their appreciation to you is endless.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Jen and Shaun
Owners/Operators
Cora-Kamloops

Smiths Falls Ontario
“Egg Shells in the eggs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Great place when busy. you get an experienced chef but no so much when slow. got eggshells in fried eggs. I worked in a kitchen for 6 years. Never open an egg into the pan...use a bowl... rest of food tasted ok. second round of eggs better.

Visited November 2013
corakamloops, Owner at Cora, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know! We wanted to assure you that your comments were heard and we have talked to all our kitchen staff regarding egg shells. I am so very sorry for this and we will be keeping an eye on this area at all times.

Thank you again for letting us know and we hope to see you soon if you are ever in the area again!

Jen
Owner/Operator
Cora Kamloops
“Annoying, inconsiderate service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Two adults and a one year old. When we arrived we said two and a half people with a high chair. The host asked if we wanted a booth. We said yes. We were seated and after some time a waitress finally arrived. I asked again for our high chair and was told we had to sit at a table, not a booth for a high chair as the aisles had to be kept clear. There were no tables so we settled for a booster seat. We assumed the host was seating us at a booth with a high chair - many other restaurants do. How were we supposed to know about their policy? We had to ask for crayons for our son. The biggest problem, aside from having to hold my son for the majority of the meal was that we seemed to have had 10 waiters. That's great if you always need something but it gets really annoying when they seemingly line up to ask you if you're done with your plate. I get it. They're busy and want to turn over tables, but honestly it just ticks you off when you're there for a nice, expensive meal. Speaking of cost. Our bill was $42 for two crepes with Nutella and bananas and one plate of fruit with a tea and a coffee. One of the crepes was a kids one. Seems way over priced to me. Cora was great when they first came out but now I find their prices too high, the service annoying and inconsiderate of their customers and they're too pushy. We won't be back. Denny's has fruit plates too and I can sit half an hour and enjoy my food and company without being hounded.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
corakamloops, Owner at Cora, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello,

I would like to thank you greatly for taking the time to write to us. Your feedback is very appreciated! I fully understand and I can’t agree with you more that your experience was not good or what we should be offering. I am very sorry for this.

Please know that we are training many new staff members. As we head into the summer season, are staff numbers double. I will be posting your comments for the staff to learn from and will be speaking with them about your experience. I want them to acknowledge that young families do have a challenging time in restaurants even WITH good service. Our host/hostess should not have put you in a booth but should have waited until a table opened up so that you would have a highchair at your request. Our training has always concentrated on keeping kids and parents happy as we strive to be the best family restaurant in Kamloops! Unfortunately we fell through on your experience.

Please also know that no one would be rushing you to turn over our tables. I have been focusing our staff to “pre-buss” which means removing empty plates and dishes from all tables right away as a Cora standard of good service. This is not to give our guests the impression that we are rushing them at all! I am sorry for this as well.

As a measure of good faith, I would love to send you a Gift Card in hopes you will come back to our restaurant and let us show you that we do provide excellent service! Please provide us with your address and I will mail it out right away.

Again, my sincere apologies to you and your family for your experience.

Warmest regards,

Jen
150 Mile House, B.C. Canada
“Awesome for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

First visit & went with two young granddaughters for a Sunday breakfast, lucky no line up, understand there can be. Lots of friendly, smiling staff. Service was very great. One granddaughter had banana crepe w/chocolate sauce off kids menu & bacon along with a kids cocktail. She found drink a bit too tart (I did too) but the crepes delish. Older granddaughter had the full meal (think it was Cora's Special) which comprised of 2 eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, ham, toast & fresh fruit. Wow, huge meal but she managed to tuck it away along with a smoothy. I enquired about a seniors menu & was told there was none, so I bit the bullet & ordered 1990's Harvest which consisted of 2 pces large cinnamon-raisin brioche dipped in French toast batter with one egg and bacon on one side and a mountain of fresh fruit on the other. Very tasty but wow, humungous amount of food & unfortunately I couldn't finish it. Took the fresh fruit with me but having the left over brioche reheated didn't appeal. I hate waste and would like to see a seniors section on the menu. I loved their fresh fruit and there was loads of it.. I would go back sometime but I will make a choice for me that hopefully would be a smaller portion. Price was reasonable for the food that we received. Kids loved it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
British Columbia
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Never been to a Cora's before so nothing to compare it too but we thought it was great. The service was awesome and the food tasted great. The restaurant was super busy but we got our food fast, they were careful about my son's peanut allergy, would go back again.

• Visited December 2013