“Creepy Crawlers in my Bed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kamloops Travelodge Mountview

Save Saved
You added Kamloops Travelodge Mountview to your Saves list
Kamloops Travelodge Mountview
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1225 Rogers Way, Kamloops, British Columbia V1S 1R9, Canada (Aberdeen)   |
Ranked #34 of 54 hotels in Kamloops
Vancouver
“Creepy Crawlers in my Bed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

I tried to stay at other hotels but there was a conference going on so I was subjected to the Travel Lodge. At first it seemed OK the room had a slight upgrade, and the staff was pleasant. I went out with some customers and then went to sleep. I woke up with pain in my back and front however I thought I justed pulled a muscle at the gym the night before. When I got home my girlfriend found 12 -14 bites all over my back and front and they were very painful. It has been a few days now and they are still painful. I looked it up on the internet and it seems the bites are from BED BUGS. This is my first experience with bed bugs and I fear I may have brought them home with me.

Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

When we checked in, we hadn't made a reservation were lucky to get a room. The young man at the front desk was very busy when we arrived, but very helpful. The other girl at the desk who checked us in, named Holly was great. She helped us with all our needs, and was very pleasant and very friendly!!

Three adults stayed in room #319 at the back of the building for one night at it was great!! Two queen beds, very clean room very spacious and nice a quiet. Everything in the room was well stocked and it was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay!! The breakfast was great and helped since we had quite a long drive ahead of us.

Thanks Holly for a very enjoyable stay, and we will definitely be back when we are in the area again!!

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — Nothing!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

Travelodge Mountview was almost exactly what we expected. It is a reasonably clean, low-priced motel, which includes breakfast in the rate and has a small kitchen in the room. The kitchen is very small and poorly equipped but includes hot plates and a fridge. The breakfast was disorganised and messy but did at least include bagels (frozen!), toast, cereals, juice, jam, coffee and tea.

The swimming pool is outdoors and is due for a renovation. My children decided to return to our room as soon as they saw it.

Finally, the motel is situated outside the centre, so you will need a car to go downtown where most of the restaurants are.

• Liked — Suitable for an overnight stop
  • Disliked — The breakfast and the pool area
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Doncaster England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

From the web site this looked like a great place to stay over the weekend to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary during our tour of the west from the uk.
On checking in, the front office had a strong curry aroma and after receiving the key we went to our jaccuzi room on the top floor. Sorry but as soon as we opened the door the stains on the carpet hit us and it looked as if it hadn't been cleaned for years.
The top bed cover was also lacking in general cleanliness.
The jaccuzi taps came off in our hands when turning on the taps.
At least the washroom and shower were clean but the carpet reallly upset my wife and at $175.00 per night with a 10% discount we were very unimpressed.
Maybe we had been spoilt in Canmore with a china and crystal breakfast but when we went to the meeting room for our breakfast we were met with plastic and polystyrene and 6 warning signs that if we took anything up to our room we would be charged $10.00.We didn't dare. Maybe this is the norm in this area as there are a lot of beds required due to the Rocky Mountaineer stop overs.
58 and 54 years old from Doncaster England.

• Liked — very little
  • Disliked — cleanliness of carpets and bedding
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Murdochsroomate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

Let's face it, nobody stays at a Travelodge if they're looking for luxury accomodation, so with that in mind, this one is worthy of a perfectly decent review. Yes, there was a broken lamp, a cracked toilet flusher and some scuffs on the walls. But otherwise, the room was spotlessly clean and perfectly comfortable. Oh, and while the in-room coffee-maker malfunctioned, a replacement was brought quickly upon my request. All in all, the hotel lived up to my modest expecations.

Stayed August 2007
saskatchewan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

We were very disappointed with this hotel and expected far better from a Travelodge. The room was filthy! There were even footprints on the walls! The cups and stir sticks had been used and left for re-use. The sheets were stained and the room was just plain dirty. The door did not close properly because of a previous break-in and the pool water smelled funny. We were offered to upgrade our room for an additional fee, however this room was not much better and definitely not worth the price. We spent the next night at another nearby hotel and were more than satisfied for the same price.

• Liked — Location and view
  • Disliked — Unclean
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2007

Overall, I found this accommodation to be clean and modern with friendly service. We were accidentally given a room that had not been completely cleaned but the staff were apologetic and moved us to another room promptly. The hotel is located on a street with many other hotels and seemed safe. The continental breakfast was adequate.

The only drawback was the fact that the rooms are accessed from outside. The window in each room (which faces the outdoor corridor) is covered by heavy curtains, such that you must either open your curtains and be visible to passerby or close them and be immersed in complete darkness in your room.

I would recommend this hotel to travellers passing through Kamloops.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kamloops Travelodge Mountview? Share your experiences!