“Nice friendly staff considering what they deal with” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Kamloops

You added Ramada Kamloops to your Saves list
Ramada Kamloops
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   555 West Columbia Street, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 1K7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #26 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Prince George, Canada
“Nice friendly staff considering what they deal with”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The ramada is a wonderful clean hotel and the desk staff as well as the serving staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. However upon checkout I overheard the general manager yelling at one of the servers quite loudly and very rudely, the way she was speaking made it seem as if she was moments away from physically hurting the poor girl. I was very surprised at how calm and collected the young girl was taking such verbal abuse. I feel absolutely sick about the way the staff is treated at the hotel. I was pleased with my stay, however I will not be staying with the ramada again because of the general manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Joan R, Manager at Ramada Kamloops, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to start by thanking you for your kind words about our staff and your recent stay with us at the Ramada Kamloops. I would also like to address the situation which you described as a confrontation between a server and myself. I was referring to a situation where my staff was treated unacceptably and was discussing how it is never appropriate for the server to be treated as she was. At no time was there any anger directed at my staff, this was simply just a misunderstanding by the guest about the situation at hand. I would like to invite you to stay with us on your next trip to Kamloops.

Joan R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Antigonish, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed many times, and as always I was impressed with the comfort of the room and the friendiness of the staff. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Joan R, Manager at Ramada Kamloops, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your kind words about your past experiences with us here at the Ramada Kamloops and we all look forward to your next visit.

Elkford, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at this Ramada as it was the accommodation provided for a convention. Upon arrival we were convinced that we must have come to the wrong hotel. It is so run down. Not at all what we were expecting. The hallway carpets are very worn and stained. The furniture in the rooms are chipped. The blankets are worn and threadbare with holes. The pillows are half the size of a standard size. The plumbing clangs, bangs and groans. On our last morning the hot water ran out before the majority of people had their showers. It didn't help that most people had been awoken several times in the night with returning partiers. Although rundown, our room was clean. The staff with the exception of one were all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joan R, Manager at Ramada Kamloops, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and they have been passed on to the appropriate departments for review.

Joan R.

Been to Ramada Kamloops? Share your experiences!