“close to a super playground!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops

You added Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops to your Saves list
Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   551-11th Avenue, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 3Y1, Canada (City Center)   |
Offers & Announcements
Holiday Savings 35% OFF
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Amboy, Washington, United States
“close to a super playground!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Scott's Inn is located right across the street from a FANTASTIC playground in Kamloops. The upper level that we stayed on had a big patio with outdoor furniture to relax on and watch the sunset. The room was very spacious inside, except for the bathroom. In the bathroom there was barely room to place curling iron. We rented a family suite, and each room had it's own AC temp controls, which was really nice. Big TVs in each room was a big plus too! I had a question on how to operate the TVs and the manager came right up to my room to help. Great night sleep! The indoor swimming pool was small, so prepared to get splashed if there's another family in the pool. Smoking is allowed outside the rooms, and there were quite a few people smoking outside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

While on a recent short, albeit last minute vacation before Graduate school starting, I visited Jasper National Park in Alberta, Canada. Driving from the Seattle, WA. area gave me a good look at some new British Columbia Department of Transportation highway upgrades, part of Canada's Economic Action Plan and scenic drive into the Glacier Icefields and Parkway.

On my way back south I stopped at the Mount Robson Park & Visitor Center where I was greeted by a friendly park representative who advised me that they provide a 'free' accomodation reservation service. Since I had no lodging reservations that evening, I decided to use this service whereby Penny shared with me her experience at the Scott's Inn & Restaurant previously. The cost for lodging and ammenities like free laundry and hot tub, were very equitable and the Inn also advertised a discounted breakfast as part of a nights stay.

Once I arrived in Kamloops, British Columbia, the staff at Scott's Inn set away at securing my reservation and was very friendly and pleasant after my long trip. Newly renovated, my room was clean, fresh and right next to parking but noise was minimal. After settiling in, I went to explore the city for awhile, got a haircut and went to the Farmer's Market. After a meal I did a small laundry, took a short drive to the downtown area and went for a stroll before retiring for the evening. The bed was great and I slept well before rising early to get breakfast at their attached restaurant and boy was I surprised....the service was great, food was tasty and prepared just right and I was ready to begin my day.

I will definatly stay at the Scott's Inn next time I am in the area! Thank you Parks BC for being cordial and to the staff at Scott's Inn for being such a congenial host!!

Room Tip: Use the Parks BC accomodation & lodging services
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

On our way to Jasper we stayed here for a night. The location is decent and you can walk to the bars and restaurants or to the beach.

The rooms are basic but in good condition and have extra facilities such as a microwave and fridge and are quite spacious.

The accompanying restuarant served a decent meal and we also had our complimentary continental breakfast there in the morning.

Staff on front desk could have been a bit more helpful, on arrival we asked for any suggestions on what we could do for an afternoon in Kamloops. She shrugged and said go for a coffee!

If looking for a cheap and reasonable place to stay for a night then this place does the job.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Truganina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed for 1 night traveling from Whistler to Jasper. The room was comfortable and spacious for the 3 people travelling in our group. The beds were extremely comfortable. We ate dinner in the restaurant and had very nice home style meal that was reasonably priced. The breakfast included in the room price was more than ample. Our breakfast waitress was a bonus as she gave us some information on sites to see on our travels, which we had not planned on doing, which turned out to be spectacular. If we ever get the opportunity to travel Canada again and Kamloops is on our agenda, we will definitely be staying at Scott's again

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This inn has been renovated and the beds are so comfortable and the room feels like luxury, for a affordable price. I can't wait to stay again. Though the pool area needed some needed cleaned. The restaurant had great food, The location is close to most items in Kamloops. It was surprisingly quite for it's location. A park is close by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We so enjoyed our breakfast at this little restaurant! The meals were reasonably priced, and the food was good, home-quality, and served quickly. We were waited on by a very helpful and friendly waitress who kept our coffee cups full! The place is obviously quite popular, and rightly so, with clean and pleasant surroundings, and lots of parking on the street and at the motel. We will eat here again when we're in Kamloops.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Buckinghamshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for one night en route from Vancouver to Jasper and very much enjoyed the break in the journey. It is a very good standard motel, the rooms are well appointed and clean and the new beds excellent and appreciated! The staff were very helpful and a bonus on a very hot day was the indoor pool and hottub.
We had a very good home cooked meal in the restaurant and the continental breakfast included in the price was very adequate, although one can choose to supplement it with a full cooked breakfast at a 10% reduction on the menu price.
The location was good, being just outside the central downtown area, but easily accessible to the highways. We would certainly return to this motel if we were ever in this area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Scott's Inn and Restaurant - Kamloops? Share your experiences!