“Good getaway for my 60th” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverland Inn & Suites

You added Riverland Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Riverland Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 River Street, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 1Y9, Canada   |
Special Offer
Golf Package
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
100 Mile House, Canada
“Good getaway for my 60th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We haven't stayed there before and found it quite enjoyable. the staff are super friendly and helpful. We had great weather and went for a long walk along the river which was really nice. The resterant next door was good value and nice views too, very convenient. The only downside is it's next door to a major bridge and the traffic and noise never stops. They have a complimentary hot breakfast with all the majors and it was delicious in a lovely room overlooking the river. the bed was pretty hard

Room Tip: ask for the river side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Edmonton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We usually stay here on our way to Vancouver every year. I have always liked this place because I feel I am given good value for my money. Our room has always been spotless, staff is super nice and complimentry breakfast is an added bonus before going on the road.This year I was dissapointed with our stay though. When we first got the room everything looked fine but as I was using the washroom I notice an ant on the floor. Upon looking further I found two more in the bathroom and another five or so around the sink area outside the washroom. Since I was not paying to sleep with ants or any other bugs I went and asked for another room. The guy at the frontdesk was very apologetic and moved us right away. The second room seemed fine, everything was clean etc. However the next morning when I went to take a shower I ended up standing in a foot of water after five minutes. I warned my boyfriend that if he planned on showering it would be more like a bath. He unscrewed the top part of the drain and let me just say it was disgusting. Probably ten yrs of hair and who knows what else built up....gross. I let the women know while I was checking out and again was met with a very apologetic response. At this point I am unsure if I would return here as this the first time I have had any issues staying at this hotel but these are things that are dealbreakers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in Kamloops area for business and my company booked me into this hotel. I was able to drive up to my door and park right outside. The staff were so friendly and helpful in telling me about the local areas and where to eat. I enjoyed having the pool and hot tub to myself :) Very pleasant stay...I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Enjoyed our stay as we attended a concert and then went up to Sun Peaks Ski resort the next day. It was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. The room was very clean and the service was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last August, my family and I travelled, as a wedding anniversary gift, on the Rocky Mountaineer (RM) from Banff, Alberta to Vancouver, British Columbia. To allow passengers to enjoy the beauty of the Canadian Rockies and the Fraser Valley, our train did not travel at night. Our train package included a one-night stay in Kamloops, British Columbia, and we were assigned to Riverland Inn & Suites. The property consists of two buildings and is located right on the river bank of the South Thompson River,

Because RM had assigned to us our two rooms, we did not have to go through the formal check-in. Instead, we received our room keys and found our luggage in our rooms. They are large with king beds and soda beds and offer a sweeping view up and down the river and of hills across the river as well as of parts of Kamloops.

The Inn did not serve us dinner. Instead, we ate at Storms Restaurant next door. The meals on the terrace were good and so was the service.

We found our air-conditioned rooms large and our beds comfortable. The rooms came with free WI-FI; coffee makers; irons and ironing boards, and flat-screen TV. The bathrooms contained adequate toiletries. Regrettably, we had no time to use the indoor pool or the whirlpool. Although the Inn offers free breakfasts, we did not partake, because breakfast was served on the train.

In the morning, we enjoyed water and coffee in the reception area. The check-out was simple. We left our luggage in our rooms (for pick-up and transportation by RM) and our room keys at reception. We found the reception staff friendly and helpful. As the cost of our accommodation was part of the train package, we are not aware of the rooms rates. All in all, we enjoyed our very brief stay. As we were last in Kamloops almost thirty years, and have no plans to return any time soon, we won’t return to the Inn, but if we do, we would consider returning to the Inn.

Room Tip: Go for a ground-level room with a view on the river.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This motor hotel is located just off of the highway 5 bridge entering Kamloops from the north. When you look at the location on a map, it appears to be in a noisy location at the junction of a main highway and a rairoad. The railway seems to be sheltered from the hotel by a large berm or cut out so sound from the railroad is minimal. We stayed one night in July 2012 and again for one night on 5 January 2013. Both times our room was located on the river side of the hotel and we found it quiet and comfortable. On our summer stay we found that there are several picnic tables on the grassy area between hotel & river and a very large patio with lawn chairs and BBQ's. The rooms we stayed in were recently renovated and equiped with flat screen TV and Bar size fridge. Staff on both visits were pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: Ask for River side room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here for business. I always bring one of my dogs with me on my work/road trips and this has been my best experience in Kamloops to date.

Pet friendly rooms are never the best that a hotel has to offer and I'm sure this was no exception.
However, the room was very clean and relatively modern. The bathroom is small but very clean and updated.

The real appeal of this place is the surroundings. It is central to just about anything you want to do in Kamloops and is directly backing onto the South Thompson River. There is a dog park, riverbank and paved trails all within a short walk. The service is fast and polite.

All in all, I can't imagine a better experience for pet owners in Kamloops.

Room Tip: Just make sure to get a room with a view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riverland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!