“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops

You added Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 Versatile Dr, Kamloops, British Columbia V1S 1X4, Canada (Aberdeen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

Very nice, clean and comfortable. Just off the freeway, plenty of restarurants near by. Good breakfast in the morning included in rates. Staff friendly and helpful. Free internet connection, gym, and pool, also a business centre.

• Liked — Clean comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

This hotel is a great half way stop between Calgary and the west coast. Staff, rooms,beds,amenities,and the excellent hot breakfast added up to incredible value.

Would give this place two thumbs up.

• Liked — good beds and breakfast
  • Disliked — a liitle hard to find
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night based on the reviews from this site. The room was large and the staff that night were okay, but not as friendly as I had expected since I have stayed in other Holiday Inns around North America before.

I had reserved a room over the phone and requested one room with a queen or king's sized bed. I secured the room with my credit card number. The person told me there was enough space and I would be guaranteed this room. When we arrived a few hours later, they told my spouse and I that the only room they had available was a room with two double beds. We were very exhausted from a very long drive and my spouse and I were on a romantic holiday and Kamloops was a pit stop in between our destinations. We did not want to sleep in two separate beds, especially when I had already reserved a king or queen. I asked what happened and the person behind the desk said "they just got really busy". After much discussion the receptionist said she will "look into the system again", and sure enough, a room with a king-sized bed came up!

When we got to our room, the entire room smelled like the cigarette smoke inside of a casino. It was disgusting. I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke. When we complained about the room we were given, we were told this was the only one they had available and there was nothing else they could give us.

My spouse just wanted to go to sleep so we slept with the window open all night even though it was freezing outside and our room faced the loud street and the parking lot was just below us. I had to bury my face in my pillow since this was the only way to avoid the cigarette smell as it was giving me a headache and making me feel nauseous.

The next morning, instead of eating at the complimentary buffet breakfast, we opted for the breakfast-to-go in brown paper bags. We thought that was very charming....until we got to the car and opened our bags to find two bruised and rotten apples that actually had holes in them. Yuck.

We will not stay at this place again.

• Liked — Clean bathroom.
  • Disliked — The cigarette smell of the room, indifferent staff.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

Great value HIX on the outskirts of Kamloops but right next to the Highway.

Good room, well fitted out and in excellent condition. Nice en-suite.

Very quiet despite location near road.

Great swimming pool and spa; much better than you would expect for a HIX.

Reception staff really helpful, breakfast good and very cheap.

Hard to fault anything.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

this hotel was exactly how you would want a short stay hotel to be - clean comfortable and inexpensive. We only stayed for one night, and it was ideal for that. It had a pool and a hot tub, so great for the kids to jump in after a long day in the car.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the location -
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Stayed at the hotel on our trek to Calgary.Hard to criticise,clean,new,good location at the right price with decent breakfast in the morning.Alsohas the added bonus of a swimming pool. Everything you would expect from this brand.

Nearby places to eat include Tony Romas which are always worth a visit.

• Liked — cleanliness and good value
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel as I was in town for a meeting the following day. I was given the wheelchair room on the ground floor. The room and furnishings are typical of hotels in this category. As I was on the ground floor, the windows were up high and the parking lot was visible from my room. I had trouble figuring out how to operate the shower as it is a little bit different for the wheelchair room. The next morning there was a widespread power outage throughout the town so I had to get ready in the dark and didn't have a chance to try their breakfast. The business centre has one computer whose internet connection was a bit slow. As this hotel was rated highly by other travellers, I expected it to be above average but to me it's just average. Makes me wonder what the other budget hotels in town are like...

• Liked — Breakfast included (if not for the power outage)
  • Disliked — Lots of hallway noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Kamloops? Share your experiences!