“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maverick Motor Inn

You added Maverick Motor Inn to your Saves list
Maverick Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1250 Trans Canada Highway, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 6R3, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Xmas Special $69.99
Ranked #8 of 54 Hotels in Kamloops
Abbotsford, Canada
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband had to work in Kamloops for a couple of days. I tagged along in order to have a mini-break. We didn't bother to look for a place to stay until we got to Kamloops. We asked around and were recommended Maverick Motor Inn. I looked the place up on Tripadvisor before booking; once again, the reviews were right on!

Staff are very outgoing and kind, particularly the reception staff, who made check-in fast and easy. We had a room on the view side of the motel, which i strongly recommend. Someone else in our party had a freeway view and said the traffic noise was considerable. We barely heard any traffic and very much enjoyed the view.

The motel appears to have been recently renovated. Our room certainly was fresh and clean-looking. Cleanest bathroom I've encountered in a hotel in a long while! The bed was relatively comfortable but quite hard: you can get a mattress pad if you need it.

Most of the gripes I read about for this motel had to do with the Continental breakfast. I, personally, couldn't eat most of the food due to food allergies, but it appeared to be no different from most places I've stayed and, for a Continental breakfast (which is usually a roll, butter and jam and coffee) the choices of cereals, bread and tinned fruit was, I thought, fine, particularly for the price we paid for the room. We didn't try out the Chinese restaurant directly next to the motel because of my food allergies so I can't comment on the quality, though the people who recommended the hotel to us told us that the food was good.

The motel is, as I mentioned, close to the freeway, so it's easy to find. It's also just beside the police station, the Information Centre and the only mall in town. There are lots of places to eat within walking distance (7 minutes uphill!) or a short drive away. I had the time and energy, so I walked down into town one day (there is a bus stop very close to the motel, so you can get around more easily than by walking) then walked along the river trail. The walk into town wasn't too much of a thrill because of the busy roads one has to walk along. However, the historic downtown area is lovely and the trail was fun to walk along.

Thanks to all the staff at the Maverick who made our stay such a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Definitely get a view room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this glowing and very detailed review.

From the staff and management of the Maverick Motor Inn - You are very welcome, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

The team at the hotel strive on service and it is great that you acknowledged their hard work. We are extremely proud of our property and enjoy accommodating our guests.

Thank you again for reviewing us, we look forward to your next visit.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Only stayed for one night. Staff was friendly and very good at there job.
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Locations is a little out of the way if you need to be downtown but is just off the highway. The Chinese restaurant on site is very good and the staff there was very good as well. Did not have breakfast although it was offered.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

I am very proud of my team and they were excited to read your review.

I am happy you found the rooms both clean and comfortable. My staff and I work very hard to keep the hotel accommodating in every way.

Thank you again for your review.

Kelowna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have stayed in various Kamloops hotels/motels as I often work there for business. I think the Maverick is by far the best bang for your buck hotel/motel. The Maverick is in a very nice area of Kamloops, and close to a number of good restaurants (Including Beijing Chinese Restaurant attached to the Maverick Motor Inn). The employees are very nice and helpful, as well as the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The pool and hot tub are always in great working order and well maintained.

I Highly Recommend the Maverick if you are staying in Kamloops!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for recommending us.

It is great to have our team's hard work acknowledged by a guest who has seen the positive changes in the Maverick over recent years.

As always, it is a pleasure to accommodate you when you are in Kamloops.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We Spent one night at the Maverick and we were not one bit disappointed. Everything about it was clean and comfortable with good beds. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was certainly adequate. We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a second floor room with a view of the city, quiet and very pleasant.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Maverick Motor Inn.

I really appreciate your compliments and the perfect 5's on your review. I am proud of my entire staff for making your experience a good one.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Maverick for the past 6 years for a couple weeks each year. I would highly recommend staying at the maverick. Very nice views of the Thompson valley, very clean rooms! And they have a fantastic pool water slide and hot tub to enjoy! The best bang for your buck in Kamloops hands down!

Room Tip: ask for view side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for this splendid review, it is certainly nice to see you when you come to Kamloops.

I am glad that you enjoy our amenities and the cleanliness of our rooms.

We, at the Maverick, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have traveled to Kamloops for 10 Weeks every year for the last 5 years and I stay at the maverick every time. Great rooms , pool and hot tub. very comfortable and the guest services can't be beat anywhere else. I consider the Maverick my home away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Always nice to welcome you back. Thank you very much for this glowing review.

It has been a pleasure taking care of your accommodation needs and a privilege for the Maverick to be considered your "Home away from home".

We look forward to your next visit.

Batemans Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had a Jacuzzi room which was a good size and had a very comfortable king size bed. The room temperature was comfortable. There was a gas fire place if you needed it. The room was clean and well maintained. The towels were soft and toiletries were sufficient. The continental breakfast offered cereals, fruit, muffins and toast. The staff were very friendly. It was a good hotel for a one night stopover.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
PATRICK P, Owner at Maverick Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Maverick and taking the time to write a review.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the Jacuzzi room and our property. Our entire team at the hotel works extremely hard and was excited to hear your comments.

I hope to have you as our guests next time you are travelling to Kamloops.

Owner

Been to Maverick Motor Inn? Share your experiences!