“DO NOT EAT HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Vancouver, Canada
“DO NOT EAT HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

This "restaurant" is absolutely disgusting in every respect. I don't expect much from a greasy spoon type of restaurant such as this but this was the worst I have ever seen...

I normally wouldn't review a restaurant either, I just felt a need to warn others about this establishment.

Atmosphere - When we walked in the door closes heavily and fast and the handle hit me solidly in the lower back, this happened to multiple people when entering. Our table had coffee stains. The wall next to our table was covered in oily marks and other 'bits'.

Food - We ordered and our food came within five minutes (not a good sign). My wife ordered fish and chips, half of the fish was RAW (more on this later). I ordered a BLT and fries. The bread was barely toasted. It is clear that the bacon was put on the bread soaking in grease as the bottom of the sandwich was saturated in bacon grease and
subsequently the bread was paper-thin. The bacon was broken into about 10 small pieces. The tomato wasn't anywhere near ripe and was hard as a rock. To top off the sandwich the 'cook' slathered on way too much mayo, it was dripping out the sides. The fries tasted like rancid fish, the fryer oil was probably very old and needed to be changed. I ate half the sandwich and a couple of fries as I was quite hungry but couldn't stomach anymore, I still have a horrible taste in my mouth 8 hours later.

Service - We walked in (after I got hit the back by the door...lol) and sat ourselves, didn't get greeted by either server even though there was only one other table in the restaurant. A man walked by our table and just dropped a couple of menus for us without saying a thing. A woman came and greeted us a minute later and took our drink order (a couple of sodas), she brought them and took our meal order. Within 30 seconds my wife saw that her fish was raw, the male server was walking past our table so I got his attention and let him know. He took it back to the kitchen and we could here him say to the female server that "she said the fish is raw". The female server immediately said "it is cooked", she then talked with the cook about it. The female server then came to our table to explain to my wife that "that this is a common complaint" and that the fish was cooked and that is how cod looks when it is cooked. She said only halibut is white flaky while cod is grey and chunky. (I guess she thought we were stupid.) She said they would redo my wifes lunch to make her happy. It came, my wife (being hungry like myself) picked out the fish the was edible and left the rest. The batter was rock hard and lumpy, the coleslaw looked like a pre-digested sloppy mess. Her fries were the same as mine, rancid tasting.

Even the drinks were not done right, small (child size) glasses filled with ice and then topped off with soda (maybe three sips through the straw and they were done). The female server was nice enough to offer to refill them but we weren't there long enough to ask her...

Value - Ummmm...lol. Skip a meal, throw $30 in the garbage and you will still be better off than eating here.

Summary - I normally would have spoken up right at the time this happened but my wife was going to a meeting after lunch and I didn't want to stress her but creating a fuss in the restaurant. I hate the fact the I paid for this meal. I still have a horrible taste in my mouth (literally) and my gums are burning. My wife was too nauseous to eat dinner. I will be seeking medical attention in the morning if I still feel the same...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Amazing view, nice service, terrible food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I have only eaten at the morning buffet, as it was included in the hotel package. The food was poor, the buffet selection skimpy, though the service was friendly and polite and the scenery breathtaking. It's little wonder that the buffet is included in the hotel packages, otherwise, no one would actually chose to eat here!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SoCal
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

The food is what you expect of your average roadside diner. The menu consist of a plethora of prepared processed and frozen foods. Kind of surprising and disappointing as Harrison Hot Springs is situated amidst acres and acres of farms.

Service was slow and unfriendly, even though the place was about two thirds empty. The front staff and the person I presume to be the owner, seem to have quite the attitude and disdain toward their customers and at times even turned on their own kitchen staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Disrespectiful and Rude Staff! Horrible Restaurant! Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

I would stay away from this restaurant! The restaurant is dirty, we had ants crawling all over our table. They have an open kitchen and in the back we could see food being prepared. It was overcrowded with asian workers like a Chinese sweat shop.

The front end staff was treating the back end like dirt. Saying "I'm the waitress, mind your business" Lots of unpleasant work place drama in this restaurant.

And finally, as we are leaving; this man (probably the owner) said to me: "it is disgusting that you blew your nose onto the tissue and wiped the table with it" Seriously?? I did not wipe your table! And, This is how you treat customers? STAY AWAY! Please DO NOT EAT HERE!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Fish & Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

My wife and I stopped into Harrison Hot Springs late July when we were visiting friends in nearby Chilliwack. We took a day - our second last day in the lower mainland of BC - and came to Harrison, and finished off our day with dinner at the Lakeview Restaurant. We ate here because my wife and her Chilliwack friend ate here on my wife's previous visit to the area - we are former Vancouver area residents and have never been out here together.
We just loved the french fries. They are definitely home-made as advertised. The fish was reasonably done also. Even though the fish was pollock, it was not noticeable from cod.
The price was reasonable, and our server was very friendly.
I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.