“Retreat with my girls” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harrison Beach Hotel

You added Harrison Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Harrison Beach Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Esplanade Avenue, Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia V0M 1K0, Canada   |
Offers & Announcements
Pay 2, Stay 3!
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
“Retreat with my girls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We came out to Harrison for my daughters 11th birthday. We arrived and were greated warmly and when we entered our room, there was a box of chocolates on the table with a personal note for my daughter, congratulating her on her birthday.
We asked for extra blankets, and shampoo, which was brought up promptly. The room was great, and very clean, and the pool and hot tub were a hit.
It was quiet, as it is in December but it was peaceful and we all felt welcome and taken care of. Thanks to Tara and Staff. Great job, we will be back in the New Year.
Merry Christmas,

Marcia, Emma, and Kara Friesen

Room Tip: Pick a room overlooking the lake, the second floor is really nice. We didnt use room service, so I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were given an overnight stay by Our Family for Our 50th Anniv. My
brother & His wife joined as it was Their 46th as well..Rooms were awesome, We had a Jr. Suite, felt very special, and a scrumtious dinner
at the Bistro in the Hotel, after dinner went to the pool & Hot Tub later
snuck Champagne & drank it in the hot tub in the rain..was worth being
sneaky,.Had the best time & great memories..Will come again

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lake are best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here in August for a wedding that we were attending in Agassiz. We've been to Harrison Hot Springs many times in the past but only for a day visit. This was our fist time staying over night.

When you first enter the hotel lobby it's not that fancy so you don't expect much. But once we got to our room we were quite pleased! Our room was very spacious and clean, bedroom with separate living area/small kitchenette. There was a huge patio overlooking the lake so it was great for people watching. It was perfect because Harrison Hot Springs were hosting their annual art fair so there was so much to see and do.

The restaurant downstairs Morgan's; had a patio overlooking the lake as well, so you can dine with a view. However, the food was not that good especially when you're paying fine dining prices. There are many other dining options on the strip ranging in price.

My only complaint is that they don't have a nice outdoor pool which can come in useful during the nice hot days. There is a huge lake but it's very cold and too many ducks/birds bathing in it!

Room Tip: When making your reservation opt for the lake view it's well worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Deroche
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Compared to the other hotels in harrison, this one is the best for what you pay other than harrison heritage house. The rooms are modern and spacious and well appointed. Very quiet even though it was completely full. Within walking distance to everything.

• Stayed October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night in early October to attend a workshop being held at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort. This is the first time I've ever stayed in Harrison Hot Springs. I booked the most basic room available (Deluxe King Bed Mountain Side View) for about $100/night.

Front desk staff were all very friendly during my brief stay. They allowed me to check in early, and were always able to answer my questions.

My room was on the third floor, and it was far larger than I expected. Even if it had two queen beds instead of a king, there would still have been plenty of space for a family to move around. The room was very clean, and the decor had been recently updated. The bed was OK, but a little firmer than I like. The TV is a rather small LCD type with a regular SD feed. A DVD player is provided, and DVD's are available for rent in the lobby for $2 per night. The bathroom was particularly nice, although I did notice a sizeable paint chip behind the sink faucet. Just for note, you need to pull down at the mouth of the tub spout to activate the shower head (this might be obvious to some people, but I've never seen this type of control before, and I didn't have my glasses at the time, so it took me a minute to figure this out). The kitchenette seemed adequately stocked, although I never used it.

I did have an issue using the free wireless service on my smartphone (weak signal). I wasn't sure if it was because of my phone, or because I was in one of the farthest corners of the hotel, or if it was the quality of the wireless service. I just borrowed the computer in the lobby when I needed web access.

The fitness centre and pool looked OK. Small, but functional.

Hotel parking is available for $5/night outside, or $10/night inside. I'm not sure why you would want to pay for outside parking, because you can park across the street for free.

Overall, I had no complaints about the hotel. The room was updated, clean and comfortable, and staff were pleasant, all at a very reasonable price. But to be called a Tripadvisor Top 25 Relaxation/Spa Hotel in Canada (number 24 to be exact)... this certainly set high expectations that it couldn't meet. If I had to come back for business, I would certainly stay here again. But if I came with my family to use the hot springs, I would strongly consider the East or West Tower rooms (not the main hotel rooms) at Harrison Hot Springs Resort since their hot spring pools are included with stay and they are incredibly nicer than the run-down public hot spring pool (which would cost $26.75 per family).

Room Tip: Park across the street for free!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Burnaby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a large room with a good sized patio and a world class view over Harrison Lake! The room had a small kitchenette and a separate alcove with a king bed. A very comfortable accommodation! The restaurant Morgan's, which is attached to the hotel, serves great food and has a friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in the junior suite for 2 nights. The hotel has a great location, just by the water. The view from our room was beautiful with both mountain and lake views. However, the hotel is quite lacking in service. We had asked for a crib prior to our visit, which was precharged on our credit card, but the crib was not in our room upon arrival. Although there is a pet fee, the hotel does not provide a dog bed or food bowls. The size of the suite was good but the walls were thin, and we could hear every bump, doors closing, drawers closing etc. The air conditioning is a wall mounted unit located in the living room. As a result, the cool air does not get into the bedroom which is partitioned off from the living space by a wall. In addition to this, there are no windows in the bedroom and this overall lack of air circulation made the bedroom quite stuffy. We asked for a portable fan, but none was available. Personnel at the front desk often did not greet guests, or appeared friendly. This hotel has great potential given its location, but needs to be more motivated in servicing their guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Harrison Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!