“Wonderful surprise.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The place is wonderful. The music is fitting, the service is attentive and the food was delicious. I had the Halibut crusted with local hazel nut topped with fresh grapefruit. Yum. Presentation they take pride in and they make their own creme brule and tiramisu. Yum Yum Yum.

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Surrey, Canada
“Give them a chance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Harrison hot springs resort and spa and very close to it is the "laughing goat" restaurant. We have eaten here before and it wasn't a wow, but this time they really tried and absolutely succeeded in impressing us. I had the aaa Alberta beef and it was delicious and my son had the chicken burger which he really enjoyed. After a night like that we will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sechelt, Canada
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have nothing good to say about our experience. We dine out quite often, 4 or five a week and the food was a big let down for all three of us, the ribs were tasteless, I only had two bites of them and couldn't eat any more. The baked tomatoes looked as bad as they tasted. My wife's Caesar salad was terrible, even the fish and chips were bad. We all left hungry. The waitress was tough to understand on the 20 or so words that she said to us. In my years of eating out I have never written a bad review... but this place at this point deserves it.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family visited the laughing goat on a Saturday evening and did not enjoy the food at all.

I ordered the halibut which was a weekly special and sounded amazing the description read: crusted halibut with citrus salsa panfried and served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. My halibut was definitely previously frozen and not defrosted properly before panfrying. It was watery and tasteless besides the crust which was hard and also tasteless. The "salsa" they refer to consisted of tiny pieces of sour orange and grapefruit. It tasted like a chilled aged fruitcup. The mashed potatoes were definitely boxed and also lacked flavour. The asparagus were the vegetables that accompanied the meal and were the best part of the meal.

My husband ordered the lamb shank which was definitely previously frozen. Once again tasteless and poorly seasoned. The couscous that accompanied it was old and definitely microwaved.

The bread they served us was microwaved to warm it and tasted old.

The portions are large - to bad the food is flavorless and horrible.

This place was terrible but it was quite comical. If your in the mood for a terrible tasteless microwaved meal with the highlight being the asparagus then eat at the laughing goat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver
“Fabulous food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is a cozy restaurant about a block from the lake. We made a reservation earlier in the afternoon and were glad we did, since it was full when we arrived and our table was waiting for us. The staff were very friendly and helped with suggestions for dinner. Service was a little slow, but we were happy to sit and chat so didn't mind.
We all ordered the same meal since it sounded so good and it didn't disappoint. We had the hazelnut crusted halibut with citrus salsa and it was fantastic. The presentation on the plate was beautiful with the arrangement of food and color. It came with asparagus and some mini carrots and a mound of the most delicious mashed potatoes I have eaten. The portion of halibut was large and it was cooked perfectly. Everything was nice and hot and all our meals arrived together. We were too full to try dessert.
If I am ever in Harrison again I will definitely eat here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere