“Uncomfortable beds” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Hotel

You added Ramada Hotel to your Saves list
Ramada Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   190 Lillooet Ave., Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia V0M1K0, Canada (Formerly Executive Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Uncomfortable beds”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

We booked two night at this hotel through social shopper for $120. Got a 4th floor single queen bedroom. The room had an old smell, there were chip crumbs on the carpet. The "comfy" bed made alot of noise and was extremely uncomfortable. We couldnt sleep at night and decided to cut our trip short by a day because of it. I would not stay at this hotel again unless they improve their mattresses. Staff were friendly and location is good. I didnt mind the restaurant breakfast food. I booked a RMT massage at the resort so that i could use their spring pools for free instead of the public pool. Their pools are much better than the public pool but their RMT there is terrible. I would not recommend booking the RMT at the healing pools spa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Burnaby, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

My b/f and I decided to get away. We picked the Executive b/c the hotel w/ the spa was booked solid. I picked the "couples pkg" . It came w/ complimentary wine, and gift certifs. to the Rockamols restaurant. 1st, the wine glasses were stickey and had lip marks from previous guests. 2nd Rockamols w/ 20$ gift certifs was a joke. I'm no cook in the kitchen, although I would blow them away. 3rd the spa was always closed b/c there was 1 person working. And 4, the maid left her stinky weed filled purse in our wardrobe. We could still smell it a couple hrs later wafting out of it. On the positive, our view of the mtns was gorgeous.

Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

We had a teambuy coupon 2 nights for $110 and thought we would try ithis hotel out for a relaxing weekend away. We asked when we checked in if there would be any additional charges to our credit card and were told no. We got up to our room on the 4th floor and the keycards did not work. Then we got into our room and our toilet was broken! The windows are at floor level and the safety clasp to keep them from opening all the way was also broken. The beds were not comfortable and the room was incredibly hot all night even with the heat turned off and the windows wind open. The hot tub had the same dirty towels laying around it from the night before until well after lunch the next day! Harrison Hot Springs itself is beautiful and well worth the visit. The Ole Setter's Pub has the best staff! When we checked out, we again asked if we had anything to sign or any additional charges and were told there would be no charges to our credit card. Then today we found a $50.86 charge to our card! They struggled to explain it and said it was a mistake charge of $30.00 and taxes and that it could be a week or so before the charges are reversed. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Service: I bought a 'Groupon' type deal for this hotel with 'Team Buy'. I followed the instructions to redeem the coupon exactly. I asked for two queen size bed and told them that there were four people. It was confirmed by 'Kevin' in an email back to me. Needless to say, I did not think to call and confirm. When I got there, they had assigned us only one king size bed. I told them that was not what I wanted and asked for two queen size beds. The guy at the front counter stared at me blindly and said that I did not ask for that. Thank goodness that I am paranoid and had printed out my confirmation email. I took that out and he just looked at it. Another lady comes by and says that it's even better for us to have a king size bed and 1 queen pull up couch. I told them specifically that's not what I wanted and I had specifically asked for 2 queen size. No apologies given to me about assigning us the wrong room. In fact, the man at the front counter was quite rude. At the end, they solved the problem and gave us the room that we asked for. There were no apologies given at all. I had to ask them for our $20 voucher to the Lake Haven Spa. They completely forgot about it.

However, the man at the check out was quite pleasant.

Cleanliness: The room was so dirty. I have stayed at hostels in Europe that were cleaner than this. There were stains on the duvet cover. I made the mistake of touching the window sill and it was sticky. That was really gross. There were also stains on the towels. My friend was the first one to use the sink in the bathroom and she said black stuff started splattering all over the place when the water hit the sink. It was disgusting. I found a used toothbrush on the sill of the cupboard below the sink.

Location: Location is great. The public pool is right across and the waterfront area is right across. 5 minutes to walk across to the real resort and spa.

Room/Sleep Quality: Room was incredibly stuffy. When I first opened the door to the room, it smelled like mold. It was clear that this room had not been used in a while (Or maybe cleaned).

There was a problem with the ventilation in our room. On our last night, it was so hot and stuffy, even with the fan turned on and the window opened, that none of us could sleep. We did not end up complaining because it was 2 am and after our experience in the front counter, we knew nothing would happen. On hindsight, we should have complained but we were so tired that we ended up just trying to fall asleep.

Room was standard. There is a microwave and fridge. There is also a TV with a DVD player.

Value: I guess for $60/night, I shouldn't really be expecting too much. All I want is a clean bed and room. I guess they couldn't even deliver on that.

I think it should be a sign that they are continuously having 'groupon' type deals. From what I remember, there had been 3 in the last 4 months.

I am never staying here again and will probably be staying away from any of the other hotels part of the Executive Hotel group.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

The room we were shown had lipstick or blood stains on the walls/mirror and had visible stains on the bedside tables. When confronted with this, the front desk staff refused to refund our money and said their cleaning staff was overworked. Completely unacceptable. Terrible customer service. Ended up staying at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort for cheaper anyways!

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed at the Executive Inn from May 6-8 2011 and frankly, our expectations were pretty low after reading all the reviews on this site. We were given the weekend as a gift, checked out the hotel on Tripadvisor and seriously debated cancelling. We decided to give it a shot because I know Harrison to be a sweet little town and a relaxing place to get out of the city.

We went and it was FINE. I am not sure if we were lucky or if we are just not very picky or what, but it was a pleasant stay. It is not a 4 star hotel (but really you are not paying for a 4 star hotel), it is maybe a 2-3 star, it was clean (and we really looked because we were pretty freaked from the reviews) and the staff were great. We got a double queen room (they upgraded us because they didn't have a single available), it was big and comfortable. Sure, it is not the fanciest place in the world but if you really want fancy? Go down the street for 200 dollars a night. If you just want to relax and enjoy the town and have a place to sleep, then it was completely acceptable. Yes the gym and the jacuzzi are not impressive at all (we peeked in) but there were a couple of people in there and it all seemed to be functioning. Was it spectacular? No, it wasn't, but if you are coming to Harrison to soak in a hot tub, you should be heading to the resort and not this tiny little hotel.

Our room was at the back of the hotel (maybe that is why it was so quiet at night) and it had a little fridge (very clean), microwave (also clean) and a coffee maker with tea and coffee (used it, no problem there either). I think that the only thing I can complain about is that the bathtub jets in the tub didn't work but we didn't really care. The pool across the street was fine for 9 dollars and we relaxed in there for an hour before we got so sleepy we had to go back to the hotel to nap ;p. We had a lovely breakfast at the Country Cafe in the little strip mall across the street, had a nice Japanese lunch behind the hotel and had an AMAZING dinner at the Thai food place in front of the lake right beside the pool. Seriously, GREAT pad thai....very delicious! :D

We had bought a swarmjam coupon for side by side massages at the Lake Haven Spa (right in the hotel) and had a great experience there too. Ladies were great and massage was very pleasant. I do recommend making a reservation beforehand though, as they were booked solid for the weekend and we only got in because I reserved the week before.

I felt compelled to write this review because there are some pretty horrible reviews on this site and I guess I wanted you all to know that it wasn't horrible for all of us. I don't know why our experience was so vastly different from that of some of these other people, but it was just fine for what it was and we would definitely go back for an inexpensive, low key, close to the city getaway.

Room Tip: Look for online deals
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We were frankly disappointed with our stay at this hotel. The lobby was really nice and we expected the same to be said of our rooms....it was not so. The room was not that clean....there were crumbs/nail clippings in the corners and under the bed and the bathroom had small hairs in the tub and in the corners. The shower did not drain well at all so you spent a lot of time standing in your own filth. The rooms were not sound-proof - we could hear lots of noise from the hallways and on the Saturday night, people were partying in the courtyard until 5am! Also, housekeeping did not come to our room at all during Saturday (we were there for two nights). Not at all impressed

Room Tip: Do not pay full price.... .check for online deals
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Hotel? Share your experiences!