“Definite room for improvement here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa

You added Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   100 Esplanade, Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia V0M 1K0, Canada   |
Vancouver
“Definite room for improvement here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2004

Attended a business conference in November 2004. Was initially impressed with the front desk staff. Got to my room, in the more expensive tower, only to discover....a FILTHY plastic brush, loaded with hair IN MY BED. To their credit a maid was sent within 15 minutes to change the linens and the following night, chocolates were left on the pillow.
There were 19 other attendees. One of them found dirty towels behind the door of her bathroom. Another (you won't believe this!) had a man waltz into her room at 12:30 while she slept. It was the floor manager. He was trying to let in the 'real' occupant of the room. They had no record of her reservation and demanded to know who she was. To put this in perspective, you should know that she wasn't just ANY guest....she was the person they had been dealing with almost constantly for the previous month to make all the arrangements, including menus for all our meals....
Another person in the group had a king-size bed. The sheets didn't cover the whole mattress and so his feet were on a bare mattress.
I'll tell you the ONLY reason that this resort is not getting a "Terrible" rating from me: The food was absolutely STELLAR and served by impecably wonderful people AND the pools were great. I can not recommend the restauraunts enough.
There was another extremely large convention there, and this in the off-season, which may have over-taxed their abilities a bit in the off-season

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2004

Having read some of the previous reviews, and asked a few friends who had been there, I still decided to book our anniversary weekend at the harrison resort and Spa. I reviewed and checked on other Hotels in the area. The price was the same as in Vancouver but the Spa and the pools that are hot enough to be used in the middle of Winter made up our mind.
Reservation where handled very well we booked an East Tower Lakeview Room with a Food package. We informed them it was our Anniversary and that I wanted flowers in the Room. we arrived Friday at 6:00PM the room was ready and waiting with the Flowers and a gift from the Hotel. a token really.
We went for Dinner in the Lakeside Italian Buffet it was excellent. Then to the Pools very relaxing very little sulphur smell.
The next evening we dined on the 5 course meal in the Copper Room had a very leasurly Dinner and danced the night away reasonable Wine suggest by our Waiter was good service was attentive. As I have been in the Food industry I talked to the waiter and asked if what if any challenges he had working here, he said that the clientel had changed and that everyone wanted to eat at MacDonalds speed, that is not Dining that is feeding .
Sunday we got up late and found that Breakfast was over but that Brunch was being served , no problem the Hostess said just give us the Breakfast voucher and that will be fine.
So for all the negative comments that I read here is one satisfied guest who will be back , I met people who have been going there for 30 years so I knew I was not an exception. I personally can recommend the harrison resort & Spa

vancouver, bc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2004

Not worth the effort! The room was overpriced for an old, outdated room that reminded me of a cheap motel only we were paying over $200. They charge for bathrobes and lost towels which is pathetic. For $200 go to Vancouver and stay at the Pan Pacific or Bayshore and get way more comfort and decent rooms and food.

Been to Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa

Address: 100 Esplanade, Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia V0M 1K0, Canada
Location: Canada > British Columbia > Harrison Hot Springs
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Harrison Hot Springs
Hotel Class:3 star — Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Harrison Hot Springs Resort And Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Hotel Harrison Hot Springs

If you own or manage Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.