“Almost perfect” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
“Almost perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The evening was intended to be a romantic night for 2 for a birthday celebration. The tapas we enjoyed were the fondue, vindaloo prawns, and crab cakes...the service was excellent, the tapas were excellent. We each had a martini, mine was the 1827 which was excelllent but his was the cosmo which was not very good. We opted to share a bottle of wine, which was wonderful. Unfortunately following the tapas we ordered the special of lobster pizza, which I am sure would have been good on its own, but following our beautiful tapas was inedible. The music was a 2 piece which made conversation a challenge. I love the "feeling" of this restaurant and the tapas and service was amazing...

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food and martinis!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I recently went here for a night out and the food way AMAZING. We shared the crab cakes to start - they were the best I've ever had. I then ordered the filet mingon and hubby ordered the short ribs. Both were excellent.
The restaurant itself is nice and atmospheric and our waiter was awesome. The perfect amount of attentiveness.
The music left a bit to be desired though. When we arrived they were playing a satellite radio station that was too loud and didn't suit the atmosphere of the place. After a while, the live music started and it was pretty good (a guy singing/playing the piano)

This is a great place for date or a special night out with friends.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Langley, Canada
“Trendy & expensive, excellent food, small portions - better for a date.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I took 2 friends from Vancouver there this time, because I knew they would appreciate the trendy atmosphere. Too dark and loud for a group, but would be great for a date. Interesting "jacket" art. We really enjoyed the food, it was interesting and fresh, well prepared, and beautifully presented, but the portions are small for the price. This isn't Yaletown. So the value isn't really there. Loved the Martini selection, very creative. Table seemed high compared to the seating. Great for a foodie splurge, or a date. Strangely we had excellent service at the beginning, but it fell off sharply about halfway through. The last time I was here my daughter and I had a yummy chicken pizza, which was a more reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice martini bar with ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Good food (more tapas) and they mix good martinis. Great place to hang out with girl friends. They have a live piano player on a Friday night sometimes he is repetitive if you visit on a regular basis. Reminds me of a cozy wine in London, worth an evening out.

Visited May 2012
vancouver
“Trendy, lava loungish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Start with a glass of something - martini, Margarita, good glass of wine - and stay for dinner.
It's decor is dark and sultry. Some nights of the week there is live music. There is very modern art on the walls (good stuff!) and the furnishings are trendy.
I just found it a bit cave-like for my tastes and a bit too expensive. It might be great for a romantic dinner out; but not so good for dinner while conducting a bit of business.
But the food is good.