“Good Comfort Food to Fill My Tummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Dawson
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Step into our authentic gold-rush-era building and you’ll spot many local sourdoughs enjoying a favorite meal. They love us because we use local products and ingredients in our flavourful, beautiful dishes. We love them because they provide us with loyal patronage and a steady supply of Yukon-made herbs, produce, fish and more. We serve fresh, creative, North American cuisine finer than the grub stampeders had to eat.Come in and enjoy great food and a friendly atmosphere either inside our fully licensed dining room or out on our covered patio. Featuring smoked BBQ fare, scrumptious homemade desserts, and fabulous breakfast and brunch specials.
Healy
“Good Comfort Food to Fill My Tummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

A chilly early September evening in the Yulon, called for something hearty to eat! Everyone has their favorite comfort food, and mine is Spareribs. Upon entering the filled restaurant, we knew we would have to wait if we wanted to eat. It's not that big of a place. A young man greeted us at the door and gave us the option to mosey on up to the bar if we wanted to wait for a table (stand up, no seats at the bar). We would be next in line. There was also outdoor patio seating available (with heaters), but I was looking to get rid of the chill. I asked,... and the Bartender suggested a liquor called Jack Daniels Honey. I had never had such a thing and I said "Why Not?" (* Often my attitude when traveling to new places). It was delicious and took the chill off,.... Wow! Medicial purposes. When we sat down, we ordered the ribs. Tender and tastey. Oh my goodness! Just the right amount of sauce. I don't like it when there's too much sauce. It can be overwhelming. They came with a choice of side dish - I picked their black beans. Unusal pairing, I know - but I just wanted to taste the way they prepared them. Different. Flavorful. The Chef came out to chat with us. Nice young man. This is a seasonal restaurant. They close during the cold months. Absolutely delicious and good "stick to your ribs" (no pun intended) food. Hmmm.m.? Maybe that "IS" a pun.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Geneva
“Recommended”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The location is central, the food was good (for this kind of restaurant) and the owners are friendly. One of the best restaurant in town.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Warren, Indiana
“Great flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Wecame at a time taThe taste -o -meter reached a 10 on our sandwiches. A varsity of greens highlighted the plate. Kate's potato salad was packed full of treats.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Muttenz, Switzerland
“Super Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

While exploring Dawson, we spontaniously decided to eat there. With no reservation, we where very lucky to be seated right away. The menu is mouthwatering and we had a hard time to decide. Our chosen meals came fast, hot and very nicely presented. The pulled pork and chicken was awsome and so was the Bison sausage my partner had.
The Dessert selection is very good too. Staff was very attentative, friendly and offered several refills. The bill at the end was moderate and totally worth it.
Reservation for the next day was made, to be sure, we get to try the other items on the menu, that interest us.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orono, Canada
“Best food in Dawson City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

After spending a week eating in Dawson City this place was by far my favorite! This food is exceptional and the prices fair. I just wish I didn't have to fly 6,000 km to go back there.

Visited August 2012
kkates, Front Office Manager at Klondike Kate's Restaurant, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thanks for the great review! You can keep up with us on facebook or twitter while we're missing you 6000km away!
Hope to see you again soon!
Jan