“Did not expect Indian Food this good outside of Vancouver” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 199 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Did not expect Indian Food this good outside of Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was one of my go to restaurants when I used to live in Chilliwack. Growing up on Indian food has made me into a bit of a snob on the subject so rest assured they don't step outside the box at this restaurant at all, which is a good thing in my opinion. The meals are done very "like mom used to make" and this is a welcomed thing for a weary traveler looking for a taste of home.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chilliwack, Canada
“It's like a mini exotic holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The menu is wonderful and each time I go there I try a different dish. The atmosphere and scent is exotic and the staff gracious and informative as well as efficient and the wine it's is good. I have only been three times but will for sure continue in the future.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chilliwack, Canada
“Best Indian Food I have had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Granted, I have only been to maybe 3-4 Indian Restaurants in my life, but this one is hands down the best I have had. It is authentic, home cooked and extremely tasty. I almost always get the Vindaloo Chicken, medium spicy, with Rice and Garlic Naan Bread with a homemade Chai to drink. This is one of my favorite lunch meals in Chilliwack and I go out a lot for lunch. There are not too many restaurants in Chilliwack I have not eaten at. This is one I like to frequent often. It is consistently good, which is important to me. The staff is always friendly and helpful. It is a family run business and they seem to take pride in their offerings.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average butter chicken, good nan Might be the best Indian in Chilliwack, but not "the best" in the lower mainland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Hicke tasted precooked then added to the curry maybe even frozen ? No flavor, chewy and dry

Plain nan was good, maybe it was an off day but some of the chains do a better butter chicken

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous Meal, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had tried one time before on a Friday night around 6pm to eat here but there was a rather large line up so went else where. Last night I had a friend visiting from Vancouver so I suggested we go to the Shandhar Hut because I wanted to find out if the food was really good. I had moved to Chilliwack from Surrey so I was very used to authentic Indian cuisine. The food was awesome. We started out with fish pakoras which were lovely. The fish was tender, juicy, cooked to perfection. Something I have never encountered before when they are such small bites. This was a great indication that the rest of the meal would be just as enjoyable and it was! We ordered a lamb dish, palak paneer, and Rice Pilau. Excellent food that we topped off with Garlic Naan.
The price was very reasonable and you can order online for pick up.
Highly recommend this restaurant but make reservations as it's relatively small and very popular.

• Visited November 2012