“Amazing as usual” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 216 Restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: International, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Pacific Northwest Cuisine, signature cocktails and award winning wine list. Casual elegant atmosphere.
Chilliwack, Canada
“Amazing as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is by far our favorite date night restaurant. Fantastic consistent food in a fun romantic atmosphere.

Visited April 2013

chilliwack
“High end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Found the menu pricey but the quality of food superb. Try the tuna it is their signature dish.You won:t be disappointed,

Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Not ready for prime time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Read all the glowing reviews, went in hopeful, left a little dismayed. Why, you ask? Well the room is beautifully designed for fine dining. The decor , the size, the various segregated areas, the bar...all the parts necessary for a fine meal indeed, whenever they start servung such dinners. he prices for the food portions was for the most part, very fair I thought

The crash began the moment we met our pleasant, sweet even, know nothing server. Every single question I asked was referred to the person who I think was the owner or manager. These were not deep queries for this type of resto..where is your beef from...no clue...how long does the paella take...no idea. What vegetables come with this dish..dnt know. This girl literally knew nothing about the menu. This is the person whose primary responsibility is to communicate between me and the person preparing my food. I asked about the chef, his background, strengths, influences, education...ANYTHING BEYOND HIS NAME...nope nothing. Not her fault, fire the chef and manager whose job in turn is to ensure the server, their representative, knows their product. It was insightful to here the manager fellow, if that is what he was, explain during his one of his various cameos that the paella is not a classic Mexican (!?!) version of the dish...you mean Spanish right?...so it is ready immediately. He explained that it was a risotto really. Well why not just call it that!

I could go,on, but you get the point. No one knows anything about the food, from the school of hard knocks chef...no formal training I was eventually told, no experiences with any particular chef or kitchen. My hats fine as I sense he can cook, just not this food. When I first enquired before committing to the meal, the manager fellow assured me that it was the best food in the valley...well I must beg to differ unless by valley he really the block and by best he meant okay.

The food..a serving of mussels in chipotle cream sauce was not good value for the money, but tasted okay. The port braised rib was past its prime, too dry..was it left overs? It came with too much truffled potatoes...yawn... The salmon was overcooked but edible on top of mashed potatoes. The salad with goat cheese came without the cheese. The "seasonal vegetables" described by our server as carrots broccoli and tomatoes arrived as broccolini, asparagus no carrots and no tomatoes. We didn't have the guts to order dessert. It was a long day and my normal fight was not there so we left without saying too much.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louis D, Owner at Bravo Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello, unfortunately I was away the evening you dined but gladly our new junior server and bartender let you in 20 min. before our scheduled opening at 5pm., while they were setting up.
To my knowledge every question, and you had many, many, many, were answered in full. You and your 16 year old son cleaned your plates and you even said it was the best truffle sauce you have ever had with your braised beef ribs. You left a generous tip of 19%, and we honestly cannot figure out why you would publicly post the worst review we have ever had in 10 years. Customers who are not satisfied with their meals usually say something when quality checked and at least give the restaurant a chance to make it better, you did not. I would have appreciated an email or the opportunity to speak with you personally about any concern you might have had that evening.
We do appreciate praise, but value any critique as well.
I won't be firing the junior server or the bartender in question but will work with them to further their knowledge in the restaurant industry.
Bravo Restaurant and it's chefs are ITA registered and approved by the province of British Columbia.
We take pride in our menu, and we care about our customers, as reflected in the many reviews.
I am truly sorry your experience was not a pleasant one, but after extensive interviews and investigation of the events that actually happened I just had to respond.
I hope you had a great fishing experience in Chilliwack, and a safe trip back to Alberta.
Louis De Jaeger, owner. info@bravorestaurant.ca
canada
“Best in the Lower Mainland!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

From their amazing menu, drink offerings, and fantastic service, Bravo is the "go to" place in Chilliwack for special occasions. You feel as if you are in down town Vancouver, but with a friendly Chilliwack vibe. Simply awesome.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Best restaurant for fine dining in Chilliwack. The braised beef short ribs are to die for and they make a beet risotto that is to die for. Great selection and wonderful specials. Our favourite date night spot.

• Visited April 2013