“Awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

43841 Stone Ridge Place, Chilliwack, British Columbia V2R 5V2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Chilliwack B&B and Inns
“Awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We highly recommend the Riverview. Easy to find, great views, excellent breakfast, nice pool table, great modern decor, very hospitable, great bedding, softest robes in the world. Great parking spot. Very quiet location. Lynne and her husband were great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
It was great having you guys here Pete! I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. Hope we see you again in the future!

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Lynne and her husband were so welcoming from the moment of booking throughout our entire stay that we chose to visit twice this summer staying 2 nights the first time and 1 on the way back. The location is excellent and the view stunning. A morning cup of coffee or afternoon tea on their fabulous deck overlooking the Fraser river and mountains is a real treat. On the opposite side of the hill from the highway, we couldn't believe how tranquil it was - the birds were doing the twittering not me! Travelling from Alberta to Victoria, it was the perfect place for us to stop off after a long drive and literally "put our feet up". We had the upper back bedroom - medium sized, stunning view. They have a terrific audiovisual room on the main floor and the basement suite is incredible!! If you need 2 bedrooms, you have to check this out. Breakfast was consistently wonderful. Pack lunches were great. Bathroom facilities very nice, lots of fresh towels with complimentary soap, shampoo, conditioner etc. Lynne is a delightful and accommodating host. We'll be back again for sure.

Room Tip: The beds are different in each room - varying in both height and firmness - so if that matters to yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Jim and I have enjoyed your visits here very much - we feel very blessed to have the opportunity to connect with so many amazing people. I am very happy to know that you have a really good reason to keep coming back to Chilliwack - and we look forward to your excellent company!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Riverview B& B in August 2013 for the two nights before my wedding, which was in Chilliwack BC. The first night two of my bridesmaids stayed with me, and Lynne and her husband were so hospitable. They set up a movie in the media room for us and we had a blast relaxing and enjoying the big screen and comfy couches. I was very impressed with everything - Lynne let me and my bridesmaids get our hair and make up done in the big kitchen the morning of the wedding, which was so nice of her. They have a beautiful deck with a gorgeous view of the river! It was a very relaxing, friendly place to stay. Breakfast was very tasty, as were the cookies! I would recommend it to a friend and would certainly stay there again! Thank you again for such a great experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
You were my first wedding! It was so awesome having you all here and especially when the hair and makeup gals arrived - it was a completely different experience! I loved the photos you sent - you were the most beautiful bride! Thank you for choosing our B&B as your pre-wedding base and letting us share a little of the excitement of your big day with you! I am so glad it all flowed the way you wanted it to. Thank you for the review, Laura: we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast, and we were blown away by the experience. We were truly spoiled at River View. The food was better than you would get at many 5 star accommodations (and it was plentiful!), the hospitality was the extraordinary, and the accommodations themselves were far better than I had dreamed of.

Lynne and Jim are both warm hearted, kind, and welcoming people. Lynne went out of her way to make sure we felt welcome, knew the layout of the house and what was available, as well as what was in the community (Great Italian restaurant recommendation!). What really blew our minds was the food. Not even pictures could do the breakfast justice - I mean there was EVERYTHING a person could imagine, and the flavors were exquisite! We had ordered a birthday cake as well, which Lynne specially make for us... The cake was moist and decadent. We all agreed that it was the best cake any of us had ever eaten!

As there were four of us, we had booked the suite. The teenagers were thrilled to have full access to the pool table and xBox, where as I enjoyed that we had a kitchen nook complete with our own keurig machine. Oh - and did I mention that Lynne keeps home made cookies on hand?

The view is amazing. Lynne and Jim designed the house such that the views are fully capitalised. Every room boasts a superb view, which will take your breath away, as the stress melts off you.

I can not stress enough all of the perks of staying here. It is a techo-person's mecca - there is a 3D TV theatre room, all sorts of game stations, lighting systems that numb the mind, TVs in every room, and even access to the internet and a printer!!!

There is also a deck (and a private deck downstairs) where you can sit and just admire the view. (Oh, the sitting room is incredible as well!).

I honestly can not recommend this place enough. Lynne and Jim have ruined all other accommodations for us! (We all agreed that the bar has now been set too high for any other over-night stay.)

If you are looking to get away for a friendly, top-notch experience, book at River View. It is not by chance that there are only 5 star rating for this Bed and Breakfast. And our stay here was VERY budget friendly, which is surprising considering all the amenities, the location, and the personal touch Lynne and Jim offer.

Prepare to be spoiled...

Room Tip: The suite is the best. It is like your own private house!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Colleen, it was such a buzz having you all here. You are so kind and sweet and warm hearted and we LOVED the Summerland jams, jellies and syrups you brought us!

I think I should employ you as a publicist...you really wrote the most amazing review we've ever had and I cannot tell you how much it is appreciated.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep in touch!
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After reading some of the other reviews, I don't know what else to say....it pretty much covers it all....we were more than pleasantly surprised during our stay and soooo appreciated the attention we received above and beyond from lynne, Jim, and Marvin, who by the way is adorable!!...sharing a home with others can be uncomfortable at first because we wanted to give them their privacy, but we found them to be totally welcoming and wanting to share in the experiences with our family....warmest hospitality and most wonderful food ever!!..such a beautiful home they are willing to share with comfy beds and fun amenities...our gkids loved the xbox, big screen tv and pool table....the suite is set up perfectly to spend time with family and friends and, of course, our dog Abbie....so nice to be able to bring her, too...we all loved our stay and will definitely return, hopefully soon!!...thanks soooo much again...<3 the Rogers

Room Tip: Lower level suite is perfect for families, with optional outside entrance and nice patio overlooking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review Marie - it's most appreciated.
I am glad to hear that the trip was so successful and that everyone enjoyed their time here!

By the way, Marvin agrees with you that he is adorable ;)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed two nights at Lynne and Jim's wonderful B&B. The suite was perfect. It has a media room and walk out patio with spectacular views of the Frasier river valley and the mountains beyond. Lynne served one of the best breakfast's we've had anywhere. Everything was delicious! Lynne helped us with sightseeing and restaurant tips. It is a very comfortable place to stay and we highly recommend it. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, David and Kathie! It was so nice meeting you both and I do hope we get to see you again when you swing through to take delivery of your new "Escape".
Smithers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We spent two nights in this beautiful home with Lynne, Jim & visiting family, Violet and Marvin. It really was like visiting family ! We had the suite as there were 3 adults and our little Newfie . The breakfast Lynn puts out is amazing ! DELICIOUS ! Two of us are gluten free, and she made us blueberry scones ! Yummy. She goes above and beyond. They are very helpful and accommodating . We loved staying there and most defiantly would again. The view is breathtaking !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
It was so nice meeting all three of you and we felt like we were visiting with old friends...that's what I love about having the B&B - and we also loved having your beautiful "little" Newfie here too - I laughed when I saw that since I had told someone you had a "small horse" with you! I do hope we get to visit again in the future!

Been to Riverview B&B? Share your experiences!