“Wonderful experience, great hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars

Riverview B&B
43841 Stone Ridge Place, Chilliwack, British Columbia V2R 5V2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Chilliwack B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful experience, great hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Riverview B& B in August 2013 for the two nights before my wedding, which was in Chilliwack BC. The first night two of my bridesmaids stayed with me, and Lynne and her husband were so hospitable. They set up a movie in the media room for us and we had a blast relaxing and enjoying the big screen and comfy couches. I was very impressed with everything - Lynne let me and my bridesmaids get our hair and make up done in the big kitchen the morning of the wedding, which was so nice of her. They have a beautiful deck with a gorgeous view of the river! It was a very relaxing, friendly place to stay. Breakfast was very tasty, as were the cookies! I would recommend it to a friend and would certainly stay there again! Thank you again for such a great experience!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
You were my first wedding! It was so awesome having you all here and especially when the hair and makeup gals arrived - it was a completely different experience! I loved the photos you sent - you were the most beautiful bride! Thank you for choosing our B&B as your pre-wedding base and letting us share a little of the excitement of your big day with you! I am so glad it all flowed the way you wanted it to. Thank you for the review, Laura: we wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast, and we were blown away by the experience. We were truly spoiled at River View. The food was better than you would get at many 5 star accommodations (and it was plentiful!), the hospitality was the extraordinary, and the accommodations themselves were far better than I had dreamed of.

Lynne and Jim are both warm hearted, kind, and welcoming people. Lynne went out of her way to make sure we felt welcome, knew the layout of the house and what was available, as well as what was in the community (Great Italian restaurant recommendation!). What really blew our minds was the food. Not even pictures could do the breakfast justice - I mean there was EVERYTHING a person could imagine, and the flavors were exquisite! We had ordered a birthday cake as well, which Lynne specially make for us... The cake was moist and decadent. We all agreed that it was the best cake any of us had ever eaten!

As there were four of us, we had booked the suite. The teenagers were thrilled to have full access to the pool table and xBox, where as I enjoyed that we had a kitchen nook complete with our own keurig machine. Oh - and did I mention that Lynne keeps home made cookies on hand?

The view is amazing. Lynne and Jim designed the house such that the views are fully capitalised. Every room boasts a superb view, which will take your breath away, as the stress melts off you.

I can not stress enough all of the perks of staying here. It is a techo-person's mecca - there is a 3D TV theatre room, all sorts of game stations, lighting systems that numb the mind, TVs in every room, and even access to the internet and a printer!!!

There is also a deck (and a private deck downstairs) where you can sit and just admire the view. (Oh, the sitting room is incredible as well!).

I honestly can not recommend this place enough. Lynne and Jim have ruined all other accommodations for us! (We all agreed that the bar has now been set too high for any other over-night stay.)

If you are looking to get away for a friendly, top-notch experience, book at River View. It is not by chance that there are only 5 star rating for this Bed and Breakfast. And our stay here was VERY budget friendly, which is surprising considering all the amenities, the location, and the personal touch Lynne and Jim offer.

Prepare to be spoiled...

Room Tip: The suite is the best. It is like your own private house!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Colleen, it was such a buzz having you all here. You are so kind and sweet and warm hearted and we LOVED the Summerland jams, jellies and syrups you brought us!

I think I should employ you as a publicist...you really wrote the most amazing review we've ever had and I cannot tell you how much it is appreciated.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep in touch!
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

After reading some of the other reviews, I don't know what else to say....it pretty much covers it all....we were more than pleasantly surprised during our stay and soooo appreciated the attention we received above and beyond from lynne, Jim, and Marvin, who by the way is adorable!!...sharing a home with others can be uncomfortable at first because we wanted to give them their privacy, but we found them to be totally welcoming and wanting to share in the experiences with our family....warmest hospitality and most wonderful food ever!!..such a beautiful home they are willing to share with comfy beds and fun amenities...our gkids loved the xbox, big screen tv and pool table....the suite is set up perfectly to spend time with family and friends and, of course, our dog Abbie....so nice to be able to bring her, too...we all loved our stay and will definitely return, hopefully soon!!...thanks soooo much again...<3 the Rogers

Room Tip: Lower level suite is perfect for families, with optional outside entrance and nice patio overlooking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review Marie - it's most appreciated.
I am glad to hear that the trip was so successful and that everyone enjoyed their time here!

By the way, Marvin agrees with you that he is adorable ;)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed two nights at Lynne and Jim's wonderful B&B. The suite was perfect. It has a media room and walk out patio with spectacular views of the Frasier river valley and the mountains beyond. Lynne served one of the best breakfast's we've had anywhere. Everything was delicious! Lynne helped us with sightseeing and restaurant tips. It is a very comfortable place to stay and we highly recommend it. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, David and Kathie! It was so nice meeting you both and I do hope we get to see you again when you swing through to take delivery of your new "Escape".
Smithers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We spent two nights in this beautiful home with Lynne, Jim & visiting family, Violet and Marvin. It really was like visiting family ! We had the suite as there were 3 adults and our little Newfie . The breakfast Lynn puts out is amazing ! DELICIOUS ! Two of us are gluten free, and she made us blueberry scones ! Yummy. She goes above and beyond. They are very helpful and accommodating . We loved staying there and most defiantly would again. The view is breathtaking !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
It was so nice meeting all three of you and we felt like we were visiting with old friends...that's what I love about having the B&B - and we also loved having your beautiful "little" Newfie here too - I laughed when I saw that since I had told someone you had a "small horse" with you! I do hope we get to visit again in the future!
Port Stanley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We and our senior girl-dog Millie,

selected & stayed at this B & B, after reviewing the high recommendations of others who have posted to this site. Fortunately for us, there was an available booking.

We are NOT the usual B & B'er kind of folks. BUT, if every "home away from home" was as quiet, private and accommodating as this wonderful spot, we'd frequent them more often.

Lynne oriented us quickly and then left us to enjoy all the provided amenities. We loved it..!!

And then, to further exceed all our expectations, the next morning she prepared a bountiful and varied breakfast that caters to every appetite. My-oh-my .. it was terrific ..!!

"Thank you Lynne and Jim", for being such fantastic hosts. We certainly now know where we will wish to stay, whenever we're in your vicinity.

Our best wishes for your continued well-deserved success..!!

darrell and Claire and Millie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
What a great review! Thank you Darrell and Claire. It is especially meaningful to us when people who don't usually stay in B&B's come here and enjoy the facilities and what we have to offer. We try to adapt our offerings to peoples' needs and I am glad we hit the mark with you.

I do hope that your ARE in our vicinity again in the future! Give beautiful Millie a pat from me!
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lynne and Jim are the nicest people you've ever met, Lynne gave me recommendations for dinner and things to see on the road to Vancouver
you'll get so much delicious food you won't want to leave
the bed is like a nest you sink into and the view is amazing
all in all I very much recommend staying here, for one night or more!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lynne G, Manager at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you Sandra for your kind words. What a shame you were here for such a short time.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am fascinated to hear some of your music now that I see your avatar!

Been to Riverview B&B? Share your experiences!