“# 1” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 Chilliwack B&B and Inns
Smithers
“# 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We spent two nights in this beautiful home with Lynne, Jim & visiting family, Violet and Marvin. It really was like visiting family ! We had the suite as there were 3 adults and our little Newfie . The breakfast Lynn puts out is amazing ! DELICIOUS ! Two of us are gluten free, and she made us blueberry scones ! Yummy. She goes above and beyond. They are very helpful and accommodating . We loved staying there and most defiantly would again. The view is breathtaking !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
It was so nice meeting all three of you and we felt like we were visiting with old friends...that's what I love about having the B&B - and we also loved having your beautiful "little" Newfie here too - I laughed when I saw that since I had told someone you had a "small horse" with you! I do hope we get to visit again in the future!

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Port Stanley, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We and our senior girl-dog Millie,

selected & stayed at this B & B, after reviewing the high recommendations of others who have posted to this site. Fortunately for us, there was an available booking.

We are NOT the usual B & B'er kind of folks. BUT, if every "home away from home" was as quiet, private and accommodating as this wonderful spot, we'd frequent them more often.

Lynne oriented us quickly and then left us to enjoy all the provided amenities. We loved it..!!

And then, to further exceed all our expectations, the next morning she prepared a bountiful and varied breakfast that caters to every appetite. My-oh-my .. it was terrific ..!!

"Thank you Lynne and Jim", for being such fantastic hosts. We certainly now know where we will wish to stay, whenever we're in your vicinity.

Our best wishes for your continued well-deserved success..!!

darrell and Claire and Millie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
What a great review! Thank you Darrell and Claire. It is especially meaningful to us when people who don't usually stay in B&B's come here and enjoy the facilities and what we have to offer. We try to adapt our offerings to peoples' needs and I am glad we hit the mark with you.

I do hope that your ARE in our vicinity again in the future! Give beautiful Millie a pat from me!
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lynne and Jim are the nicest people you've ever met, Lynne gave me recommendations for dinner and things to see on the road to Vancouver
you'll get so much delicious food you won't want to leave
the bed is like a nest you sink into and the view is amazing
all in all I very much recommend staying here, for one night or more!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lynne G, Manager at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you Sandra for your kind words. What a shame you were here for such a short time.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am fascinated to hear some of your music now that I see your avatar!
Airdrie AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My daughter & 2 granddaughters & myself were fortunate enough to have the pleasure of spending 5 nights at Lynne & Jim's gorgeous home! We had the suite - it was perfect - everyone had their own space - and the common area was big enough for all of us. The breakfasts that Lynne prepared for us everyday - were simply amazing! Lynne sent us on our way with her carrot cake ( the BEST I have ever had! ) We would absolutely stay there again!!

Room Tip: the downstairs suite is perfect for large families
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lynne G, Manager at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
One of the things I love about having the B&B is that I get to meet so many wonderful people and make new friends and that is indeed the case with Lynne and her family. I can honestly say that the kids were a true pleasure to have here. Emily is such a character and Ciera is one of the sweetest, most well mannered, and lovely little girls I've ever met. It was fun having you all here and I am enjoying keeping in touch with you on Facebook. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, Lynne.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and our 2 older kids stayed in the walkout full basement with 2 bedrooms, media room, kitchenette and bathroom. It was fully equipped with all the comforts of home. Beds were very comfortable and both bedrooms had flat screen tvs. Also a flat screen in the main area with the comfy chaise lounge couch that our son stayed on. Coffee, tea, fridge all there for us! Our breakfasts prepared by Lynne were excellent and big!! Home made hash browns, eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt.... Sooooo yummy! When we left to continue on our trip Lynne sent us away with her excellent mini cupcakes!! Divine! Such a warm and friendly stay. One of our favourites!!

My husband says to give kudos to the sound system and Jim's expertise with all the tvs and home theatre in the home. This place is very impressive for entertainment and sound!

My daughter says to mention how helpful Lynne was on giving us great advice on which restaurants to try. All were excellent!! Oh yes.... Can't forget the wonderful setup Jim has designed on the upper deck for watching the great variety of birds and the beautiful river views!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lynne G, Manager at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Deb, that was quite the review and it is so appreciated!
Jim of course was delighted to hear that his sound system and automation was enjoyed - and his bird feeder was truly one of the best additions we have ever done to the house. Not only is it fun for guests to see the wide array of birds we get but it also mesmerizes me on a daily basis!
It is a pleasure having guests like you guys here - such a nice, fun family. Thank you for choosing Riverview B&B. You are one of our favourite groups too!
Giessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were looking for a quiet place to stay after 2 nights in the city.
We couldn't have found a better place than "Riverview".
Location is very good, nice things to see and do within driving distance.
The view is spectacular and the breakfast first class!
Thanks Lynne and Jim. Hope to be back some time.
Willy and Jürgen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you Willy and Jurgen for your kind words. The great ladies at Chilliwack Tourism were responsible for recommending us to you, and it was so nice to have you both here and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time in Chilliwack so much. Come back soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have stayed at a number of Bed and Breakfasts in many countries around the world, but this one takes top spot for almost every reason imaginable. The room was gorgeous, the view is spectacular, the breakfast is gourmet and the hosts are very nice. It is highly recommended by my husband and myself and we look forward to returning as soon as possible.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the room on the second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Riverview B&B, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Wendy, it was such a pleasure having you and Joe here...and when I read your review I just HOOTED with laughter (and happiness!) because I recalled meeting you on the deck and you telling me I had "won the prize" for :"best B&B". So cool. It is so nice when people truly appreciate our efforts to make their stay here memorable and comfortable. We too look forward to your return!

Been to Riverview B&B? Share your experiences!