“Utterly shameful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Leaf Restautant

Bay Leaf Restautant
#201-7084,VEDDER ROAD | CHILLIWACK,SARDIS, Chilliwack, British Columbia V2R3T6, Canada
604-646-3463
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 205 restaurants in Chilliwack
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet
Description: This is a Fine Dining Indian Restaurant with Bar.You enjoy here lot of Indian Apitizer,and tandoori sizzlers like lamb tikka and seekh kabab and tandoori chicken,and authentic indian chicken Curries like butter chicken,handi ckicken,and lamb korma, with vegetarian also like shahi paneer,palak kofta,okra, etc.our deserts are mouthwatering enjoy with the Bar
Chilliwack
“Utterly shameful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Went as a party of five for a birthday dinner. Decided to give the Bayleaf another chance after a terrible take out with canned/frozen vegetable curry last time and revolting pakora.
The buffet was pitiful - a Veg Korma that had clearly been re-heated from lunch with SWEETCORN AND CANNED/FROZEN veg - again. No other veggie dishes, foul meat sludge passing as curry and meatballs...seriously?

Complaints fell on deaf and ignorant ears - I refused to order in the end after two women and another guy claimed they had no idea what I meant by 'authentic vegetarian food'. Was offered a paneer curry in the butter chicken sauce - with no chicken in it, as they planned to pick out the oddly cubed processed chicken. Explained I did not want paneer - yet after 30 minutes waiting for a vegetarian curry they came out again and offered me paneer and spinach on the house, but I would have to pay for pilau rice! My party had all finished a very sub-standard re-heated buffet, so we left. Never again.

Utterly shameful service and a disgrace to Indian cuisine. The Shandhar Hut will keep my business.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
chilliwack
“yech”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Had the all-you-can-eat buffet...pakoras were rock hard; very few veggie dishes; the veg korma was in a watery tasteless sauce - samosas had no flavour - rice was sticky

Visited October 2011
BC
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I have been to this restaurant at least a half dozen times (with mixed reviews but generaly acceptable quality for the price) but after my last visit I will never be back.

First off it was incredibly rude service, Food was disgusting and then to top it off their was a hair in my food. When I informed the waiter he looked around at the hair of the three people at our table and tried to blame it on us even though it was a long hair and all three people at the table had short hair. No Apology was given.

I will never be back and neither will the people that I visited with.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great Indian style food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

The Indian food here is fantastic! We went during the buffet. The food was always hot and fresh! Very friendly staff and very affordable. Must try the food here, highly recommend it.

Chilliwack, Canada
“WONDERFULL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We normally do not read or post comment,but a friend brought this to our attention.COMMENT POSTED NOV 13,2011. OVERALL EXPERIENCE....LUKEWARM..We think the food,ambiance ,lighting and service is wonderful. It was our 3rd time there. We were celebrating a special occasion.The only "Strange Thing" was the RUDE customers sitting next to us complaining about everything.Wanted the lights brighter and this & that, Do not ruin our meal.Next time PLEASE go to MacDonald s or better yet STAY HOME.

• Visited November 2011