“Misleading Advertising” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack to your Saves list
Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45466 Yale Road West, Chilliwack, British Columbia V2R3Z8, Canada   |
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Chilliwack
Surrey, BC
“Misleading Advertising”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Booked this hotel through Expedia. Confirmed for 2 double beds for one night. However, when we arrived, the room had 1 double bed and an old pull-out couch. When we complained to both the hotel and Expedia, they stated that 1 double bed and a hide-a-bed is a typical "2 double bed" room at the Travelodge. We feel we were "duped" by both the Travelodge and Expedia when they advertised the room as "2 double beds". While Expedia finally admitted that they don't consider our room to be a true "2 double bed" set up, they wouldn't offer us a partial refund because they already paid the hotel and the hotel wouldn't refund them.

Extremely disappointed and would NEVER recommend this hotel! Be very careful and always confirm the ''actual" room set up.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Extremely rude customer service and misleading advertising
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

well, we booked this hotel through the British Columbia Accomodation Guide, the room furniture in basic but enough, the personal at the front desk was not very friendly.. and also there is no elevator! we had to bring 4 big luggages up at the first floor using stairs... so if you have problems with stairs, you should tell it when you phone so as to get a room at the ground floor. on the Guide there was written that breakfast was included but it was not so, and also the personal of the restaurant was quite rude, so rude thata we decided not to eat there and we walked away...
the swimming pool was closed "up to new order".
the rooms weren't very clean, i would say acceptable.
just... well in my opinion the dowtown of Chilliwack is really bad... bad people around, I would advise this hotel because it is just at the exit of the highway so away from the downtown. if you wanna eat good, don't go at the hotel restaurant but at a greek restaurant near the hotel... (always by car!) it is good and cheap...

• Liked — the fact the it wasn't in the downtown
  • Disliked — all the rest...
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

I want to say about the Travelodge in Chilliwack a couple of things:
We stay there every time we come through town if there is availability.
We think there are some bum raps down below about this motel.

We were really stranded the other day and Garth, the clerk, gave us a great deal on a kitchenette for $89 a night. We explained that we were former visitors and he really accomodated us nicely.

We have stayed there about a half a dozen times in the last five years, and I have never experienced anything but cleanliness, convenience, and a friendly staff.

The only complaint I had was on two of those occasions, the pool wasn't operating. If had been there with kids, I would have been upset, and some people with kids were.

I told the staff then that they should have called people who had booked ahead to advise them that the pool was out of action.

Other than, the place has always been great. However, it is in farm country, so don't bellyache about the smell of manure...it's what makes the Fraser Valley the place it is-the garden of B.C.

• Liked — Garth's consideration
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
okanagan falls bc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

I arrived into this hotel too early for check in. At the time the front desk clerk mentioned that they would be most pleased to have my bags stored in the back so I could go shopping. They were extremely helpful in telling me where the best shopping was (only blocks away) and I also wanted a car wash...which they directed me to. I have to say the Manager was a very polite man and was very accommodating. I don't mind if a hotel is a bit tired, but the people that work there made the big difference. Sometimes you will spend a pile of money on a hotel and have the utmost worst service imaginable. I recommend this property to anyone. Keep up the great service!
I have to say my room was totally fine...

Stayed June 2008
British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

Not a lot of good choices in Chilliwack........

Sheets on bed were CLEARLY not changed since last person slept in them (mascara and face cream on pillows, and upon pulling back the blanket, I found a toothbrush!!). Bathroom grubby and hairs on floor. Carpets need big time cleaning or replacing. Something had dripped all over the lamps and they were stained. Mirrors needed cleaning as they were covered in fingerprints.

Staff however at desk (Vanessa) were very very friendly, and quite mortified at our room's condition, got us fresh blankets and sheets right away and made note about housekeeping problem for the management. Vanessa is wonderful and she should be praised for her professionalism and great personality with customers!

Free internet (one computer) in lobby, was nice.

Hotel is very pet friendly, so that is a bonus..........

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — Cleanliness!! Housekeeping staff needs replacing!!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
vancouver, bc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I booked two adjoining rooms for three nights. I had to call back three separate times to make sure the reservation was correct, everytime I called there was always some confusion.

My friend who also wanted to book a room called the hotel, asked if I was staying there, the hotel confirmed that I was in fact booked there and was told the days I had booked. That's very scary that my personal information can be given out to anyone over the phone.

One of the rooms was a kitchenette, the bottom cupboard in the kitchen was disgusting, I shut the door right away. The sofabed was so dirty I wouldn't even want to sit on it.

I pulled back the comforter on the bed, there was a yellow stain on bottom sheet. I placed the "card" requesting them to change the sheets on the bed the next day. Once housekeeping had left, I checked the bed, the stain on the sheet was still there. They did NOT change the sheets at all!!!

I had stayed there previously two years ago, it was a bad experience too. My stay this time was even more horrible.

I found their staff to be very UNprofessional. However, I am not sure if there is a better alternative in Chilliwack.

Stayed February 2008
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2006

we stayed here for one night, and we were not satisfied. For instance, the lights in the washroom kept on flickering, and the sofabed sagged in the middle. Sofabed!? Yes, we booked for two queens, but they gave us one queen and one double sized sofabed. The pool also sucked. It was so murky, you couldn't see anything underwater, even with goggles! It, however, LOOKED blue... This hotel has a video game arcade, and a medium sized lobby, but only two levels, with no elevators. All in all, DON'T STAY HERE!

• Liked — arcade
  • Disliked — pool/room
  • Tips/Secrets — DON'T GO HERE!
  • Stayed July 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Travelodge Hotel Chilliwack? Share your experiences!