“First Sturgeon trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Great River Fishing Adventures

Great River Fishing Adventures
Coast Chilliwack Hotel | 45920 First Avenue, Chilliwack, British Columbia V2P 4K5, Canada
604-997-3474
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #1 of 9 activities in Chilliwack
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Great River Fishing offers you professional guided fishing charters on the Fraser River and many of its surrounding tributaries and lakes. Whether you are seeking an individual, group or corporate trip, we recognize the need for you to experience one of the world’s top sport fishing destinations with a proven and reliable team of experts. Great River Fishing is here for you!Choose us and you will experience a unique angling adventure guaranteed to be unforgettable and rewarding. Imagine having the option of choosing from a wide spectrum of fishing locations, which allows you the opportunity to participate in many styles of fishing and a different challenge each time you visit.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Kelowna, Canada
“First Sturgeon trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Having been a guide in fresh and saltwater, I have caught pretty much everything that swims in this province....except a Sturgeon. I received a Surgeon trip as a Christmas gift from my wife, so decided to bring my two sons along for the experience. I have to say I was most impressed with our guide Dean, he has a real passion for his sport and more than met my expectations. We managed to catch a few, had numerous hook ups and had a "monster" right to the back of the boat.
I thought from the out set that this would be one time thing, but soon changed my mind after battling a few of these brutes. A definite "do over" for us. Well done Dean!!
Warren

Visited May 2013
Dean W, Owner at Great River Fishing Adventures, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thanks for your comments Warren, it was a real pleasure to have along such passionate anglers wanting to soak up as much info as possible on their adventure. I really enjoyed sharing the many stories of our different fishing experiences in the many days we have all fished all over Beautiful British Columbia and to have that giant get away after 3 jumps was a sign that you need to come back again. Conservation goes a long way and to make this a part of all our adventures gives us faith we will be fishing BC for many more generations to come. See you soon, Dean <")))><

Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Outstanding Day on the Fraser”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is my second trip Sturgeon Fishing with Great River Fishing Adventures and with a coupled of good friends. First time I didn't know what to expect however we caught 13 Sturgeon in 8 hrs and the second time we caught 6 in a little less time. Fantastic Guides and Very Strong Fish. Thank you Dean!

Visited May 2013
Hi Brian, thanks for your review, it was a pleasure to have you return for another trip with our team here at Great River Fishing. I was the lucky guide who got hooked up with you and your friends for the day and it was very nice to see Art and how you guys ran him through the mill - being he was a 1st timer. A fun day with lots of laughs and good results. That large fish at 7 feet and change was spectacular, 15 jumps is the new record to beat - so I hope we will get a chance to have you back another time soon to see if that is possible. Cheers and great fishing, forever, Dean <")))><
Vernon, Canada
“Art's Bucket List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Thank You Dean for a Excellent Day of Sturgeon fishing. We caught 6 Sturgeon, with the largest being over 170 lbs. This is one sport that is truly amazing and look forward to my next Sturgeon experience.
Glenn

Visited May 2013
Dean W, Owner at Great River Fishing Adventures, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Hi Glen,
So nice to have you out again as a repeat client, it never seems to get boring when these fish keeping jumping and giving it their all. Seeing the amount of untagged Sturgeon is still very impressive. Thank goodness Art's second fish of the day allowed him to wear the belt cause I am not sure he would have made it without the help. <")))><DW
Vernon, Canada
“The best experience in fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This fishing trip has been on my bucket list for a long time. My friends went on a tour with Great River a few years ago and raved about the wonderful experience, so they were happy to go along again with me. It was a beautiful day on the water and the scenery along the Fraser River is awesome. Our guide Dean was amazing! We were so impressed by his vast knowledge of the river ecosystems and his passion for these beautiful "dinosaurs", the sturgeon. We really felt like we came away with a greater knowledge and appreciation for our environment.
The fishing was great. Dean knew all the best areas to fish and we were very successful. We caught 6 and were able to tag 2 that had not been caught before. The largest one was 175 lbs. and was a real fighter! It took over an hour to bring this beauty to the boat. Like other reviewers have said, the boats are very well equipped and comfortable.
I would highly recommend Great River Fishing Adventures for anyone wanting a unique fishing experience. I look forward to my next trip on the Fraser!

Hi Art,
It was areal pleasure to have you, Brian and Glen out with me to experience what Sturgeon fishing is all about. This was a day I won't forget soon and still cannot believe that 7 foot fish jumped 15 times, these fish never cease to keep amazing me and the others that come to visit. Hope to have you back again sometime in the coming years. Dean <")))><DW
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Best fishing experience in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The guide was very knowledgable, we caught 9 sturgeon and some as big as 66 inches, amazing experience!

Visited April 2013
Hi Oliver, Thanks for your comments and we are glad that we have provided you with an experience of a lifetime. 9 Sturgeon to the boat on any day is remarkable and we were glad that you were able to get a chance to be hands on with the scanning, measuring and tagging on the trip. This is a fun exciting fishing trip for most and loaded with information on this incredible species. Hope you tell all your friends and come back again. Dean <")))><