Hello fellow travelers,
We previously had a review of Drummond Lodge Motel posted here, but we received an email from them threatening legal action.
Our review was entirely true, but granted, was a mixture of facts and opinions. I don't think they actually would have had a case against us, but we really can't afford a costly legal battle, so we were happy to remove our previous review, and we've rewritten it with the facts only:
1. On May 20, 2008, we booked a room at the Drummond Lodge for June 26th over the internet. We received an email response from [--].
2. On May 28th, we had to change our plans and cancel our trip. We replied to the previous email response ([--]) and told them we needed to cancel. This email was well within the time allowed by the policy Drummond Lodge posted on their website. We, however, did NOT receive a reply to that cancellation.
3. On June 24th, we sent a second email (again, to [--]) to make sure they got the cancellation. We did not receive a reply to that either. This is the last attempt that we made to cancel, and we felt we had no reason to believe that they didn't receive it. We did not receive any "Mail not delivered" messages about the email.
4. Drummond Lodge made a charge of $128.95 to our VISA.
5. When we saw the charge, we called Drummond Lodge to complain. We thought they should refund us the money, but they refused. The owner was rude to us on the phone, and accused my wife of lying about canceling the reservation.
6. We decided to let VISA decide, so we gave the facts to them, and sent copies of the cancellation emails to them.
7. We wrote a poor review of Drummond Lodge on TripAdvisor.com. In that review were the same facts as listed above, and our opinions of their business practices.
8. VISA refunded our money.
9. Drummond Lodge called our house several times. We were not home, and they did not leave messages, but we saw that it was them from call display.
10. We received the email from Drummond Lodge (from [--]) saying that this was the "last notice", though in fact it was the first we heard that they were upset.
11. We immediately contacted TripAdvisor.com to remove the previous review, and replace it with this review, which contains only facts.
12. We emailed Drummond Lodge ([--]) to let them know that we contacted TripAdvisor.com to remove the review, let them know that we are resubmitting a new review with only facts, and asked that they not phone us, but email us if they wish to discuss this further.
There you go. You make your decisions about Drummond Lodge based on these facts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our welcome mat is within easy walking distance to downtown Williams Lake, the stampede grounds, restaurants, and Scout Island beach and nature trails. The motel features 18 regular and deluxe rooms and 6 large suites and junior suites with decks offering wonderful views of Williams Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Drummond Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Drummond Hotel