“Run the other way - FAST!” 1 of 5 stars

Got a photo?
Add it.
You added Williams Lake Hotel to your Saves list
Williams Lake Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 6th Avenue South, Williams Lake, British Columbia V2G 1K8, Canada   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Williams Lake
Spokane, Washington
“Run the other way - FAST!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Shoddy, grimy, gross and truly filthy dirty. Rude, surly front desk staff (perhaps due to all the complaints they must receive. Another review suggested staying at a chain instead. This is part of a chain and I can't believe it is a Howard Johnson property and part of the Wyndham group! Will not blindly book with the Wyndham family of hotels in the future.

Room Tip: Don't bother - there are none!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Leduc, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

My company booked my stay at Williams Inn with a quoted price and a request for a kitchenette. When I arrived they were not even aware of my reservation, oh wait there it is on a scrap peice of paper. There was no room with my needs ready and all of a sudden the price had increased. The staff (owner/manager?) did reduce the price and did try to accomodate me however I did need to find somewhere else to stay that did meet my needs. I only stayed one night and told him so, he said he would refund the money. I'm still waiting and hoping for him to stay true to his word.
If you like staying in cheap '70s decore with thin walls and a scetchy bar then maybe this place is up your alley. My allergies seemed to act up too and it usually takes a lot.
The website is definitely a bit deceiving as well. This experience has left me disapointed in independent operators.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
North Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My husband and I checked in for 2 nights and the room was so dirty we checked out early and found other accommodation. There was 1 inch of dust on all the furniture, the bar fridge did not work and was not plugged in. The towels were worn and there was so much furniture in the room you could not walk around. The entrance way was run down and there was another party checking in who had a fair amount of luggage and she asked for help carrying it to the upper level and the front desk staff was not willing to help her at all.
I would not recommend this Motel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The best hotel I've been to in a long time. I really found everything convenient and worth the price. There's a restaurant and superb bar within the hotel. Made loads of friends at the bar. The Indian food at the restaurant was tasty... Room was marvellous...it had a plasma screen, brand new bath room and huge bed. I went to visit the town for the stampede and surely loved it. The hotel made my stay worth every penny. It's worth a shot. Also, I liked the friendly and hardworking staff...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

We loved the V.I.P treatment that we got there, and the low rate at which this extraordinary room was given to us. It had a plasma screen and living room!!
Overall, we were happy with our stay and enjoyed ourselves with the East Indian food and pub on site.
The best part was the warm hospitality we got from the staff.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

desk clerk did not seem to know what he was doing, first room - 205 we could not lock the connecting door so they gave us 214 - floor lumpy and sticky - beds squeaky and with pieces of wood falling off, paint in bathroom peeling, unpainted "night table" nailed to the wall, no coffee pot in room, shampoo in those foil packets that cannot be opened - tiny tiny soap - room not cleaned or towels replaced - we were there two nights - take a flashlight as there are only weak light bulbs in the room - a/c worked well, take your own shampoo as they didn't give us any more and there was no internet or breakfast - not a bargain at any price - people talked very loudly outside of our window - sounded like the owner/manager very early in the morning - no gardening done - lots of tall weeds - the outside looks nice - do not let it fool you - try anywhere else !!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We experienced a pleasant time during our stay in the hotel. The service is very excellent. Rooms are very clean and all towEls and mattereses were fine. Very good breakfast was served and we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Williams Lake Hotel? Share your experiences!