“The most highly reccomended restaurant in Red Deer!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Western Canada
“The most highly reccomended restaurant in Red Deer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been to Greece a number of times and this food is as close or closer to the real thing than you will find anywhere outside Greece. I got some heartbreaking news. My family doesn't come to Red Deer to see me, they come to enjoy IAGTM! My daughter, SIL and son were in town for my wife's Memorial Service and I wanted to spend time with them in a fun atmosphere. They insisted we dine here.
The quality of the food is incredible with large portions. From the Lemon Drop soup to the homemade Baklava the meal was perfect. On Friday and Saturday nights there is a belly dancer to entertain. My 33 year old son was in love!
My son had the lamb which was cooked to absolute perfection. If you saw the mall piece he offered me to try you just knew it was cooked properly. My SIL is a very plain eater. He had the Greek chicken and ate every morsel. He insisted it was cooked to perfection. My daughter and I shared a platter and had enough food left over for two meals at home. I love there Pita bread with the dipping sauces.
Although the restaurant was packed as there was a wedding there, the service was flawless. Please don't tell anyone they are open for lunch. I maintain it is Red Deer's best secret and my favourite lunch time destination. Thanks Stacey for another great meal!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
hello, ti kaneis? how are you and your children?
thank you for coming the other day,and of coarse thank you for your wonderful review!
you and your family are very nice people, with a lot of understanding. it was very busy, and I hope I gave you good service. it's always a pleasure to see you. give my regards to your children, and I hope to see you soon. with much respect stacey

84% Recommend
Bend
“Outstanding Lamb! Best in the West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

It is always wonderful to find a jewel like this in a strip mall. My first couple of trips to Red Deer, I didn't go in because of the unassuming location. I am mad at myself because I missed some of the very best food I have had in quite some time! Walking into this place, you are transported away from the mall and into a very comfortable and warm space. The décor is of course loaded with Mediterranean flair and the incredible aroma's coming from the kitchen are immediately intoxicating. I was just seated in time to see the table beside me being served two HUGE platters of food. I ordered the Marinated Lamb Chops and they are by far the very best I have had anywhere! The seasoning is perfection, and the meat was so tender and perfectly cooked. The platter is filled with rice and of course potatoes, and everything tastes amazing. But the lamb, truly still makes my mouth water in anticipation of my next trip through town. Outstanding service, very reasonable prices and a great ambience makes this little hole the wall stand out. I have returned three times and have had the same experience each time through. This really is a class act, just make sure you arrive hungry!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
geia sou file mou, hello my friend.
thank you for your review, it has to be the most mouthwatering review we have ever had!!!!
I'm so excited you like our food and especially the lamb. a lot of people are scared to taste lamb, but if you know how to take care of it and have the patients to cook it, well in my book it;s the best meat that you can have.
i think I served you on one of your trips to the restaurant, and I always insist on people to try the lamb, that's why a lot of my customers laughingly call me a short bossy waitress. what can I do, my parents prepare and cook everything, so I know that their food is fresh and somewhat soul food, they actually sing and talk to the food while they are preparing or cooking.
I'm looking forward to seeing you again, remind me who you are, so I can thank you in person!
with respect anastassia stacey koupantsis
Calgary, Canada
“Good Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I called for a reservation and was asked if we were coming for a special occasion. When we got there the staff were friendly and mentioned the special occasion. They gave us complimentary soup and baklava which was very considerate of them. The food came quickly, the servings were huge. For appetizers we had the 3 Dip Combo which was very good along with the Keftedes, Prawns & Bacon. All three appetizers were nicely presented and a good value. I personally had the Mousaka which was a huge serving, it was very good. The lemon potatoes were excellent! The side of Tzatziki that came with the meal was nice. I finished my meal with a Greek Coffee (bitter) and the Ekmek-Kadaifi which was excellent. The Baklava was very very good too. $200 before tip for 6 people was a very reasonable bill.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
geia sas family Nielsen,
i remember taking your reservation on the phone, i think you were to come in on Sunday, I'm very happy that the staff understood the importance of you celebration. your review is very beautiful. I see you went all the way, appys, main,dessert and Greek coffee!! wow , too bad it was my day off, I would have loved to meet you all.
when I took your reservation I was very touched by your story and I've gone through the exact situation with relatives, so I made sure the staff new exactly how important it was for you.
we are very happy to have satisfied you and I hope we offered you a nice experience.
hope to meet you soon!
with much respect anastassia stacey koupantsis
victoria
“Reviews were right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

After reading the Red Deer restaurant reviews decided to give this one a try . I was looking for simply a place that we could carry on a conversation in a pleasant atmosphere while enjoying good food. All my expectations were met and more. The service was superb, lovely Greek atmosphere and the food was excellent. We ordered the greek rib, bbq rib and the calamari meals and were also served complimentary dessert (our server noticed we were celebrating a late mothers day and thought we would enjoy) , which we most certainly did. Would most definitely return .

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
geia sou Lori
I served you last Tuesday, and it was a great pleasure to do so. thank you for your beautiful review, I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and your dessert. mothers are the rock that holds us through good and bad, and to honor them, is a high honor for me.
you were a great joy to serve, wonderful ladies, great mother ( laughed a lot with your comment about pier pressure), but I think the mother honored that night really enjoyed herself.
hope to see you ladies soon, thank you from the bottom of my heart! love u lots.
with respect Anastassia (stacey) koupantsis
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“Greek night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

To start with we were welcomed immediately, our table was not ready but we were seated, while we waited and given a drink, looking around you could feel the family atmosphere. The service was wonderful, the food was mega awesome, the entertainment was great and the bill was very reasonable considering everything. You have to eat here, can't wait until next time, The true spirit of Greece

• Visited April 2013
geia sou Kevin,
your review said it all in just a few sentences, you captured the true essence of our restaurant: FAMILY! the most important thing in life, but we are fortunate to have extended family, and that is our customers. we are very blessed to have such honorable patrons. my parents have 3 children,7 grand-children and 3 great grand children! for us it's all about family, and under our religion we are all family, each and every one on this planet is part of our family.
my father trained us to never serve something if we don't serve it to our own kids first!
thank you Kevin, you brought out a truth that I've been thriving to make people understand!
efxaristo poli, much respect Anastassia (stacey) koupantsis