“Best Night Out!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Red Deer, AB
“Best Night Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had family in from out of town and decided to take a chance on It's All Greek to Me even though we had never been there. Turned out it was a great decision. Our experience was positive from start to finish. We booked a reservation for last Saturday evening and good thing we did. It was very busy! Our waiter was very friendly and we received all of our courses very quickly. We had the calamari, fried goat cheese (can't remember the name) and bacon wrapped prawns (soooo good)! We also received complimentary soup. Always a nice surprise. We all ordered different meals but of course had to sample everyone's. The cod was fabulous and my husband said his steak was one of the best that he has had. The meals are huge so if you don't eat a lot, you may want to share. We had two different desserts and they were delicious! Great ending to our meal. The atmosphere was fun and entertaining and we all loved the belly dancer. We will definitely be going again and suggesting it to our friends!

Visited February 2013
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
hello our dear friends, geia sas!
We thank you that you took a chance with us! We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your evening and your food. your review is just wonderful, such beautiful words, I get so emotional when I read reviews, so much support and love from our customers, it's overwhelming!
we know how important it is to be able to give your guests a nice experience, so I'm glad you all had a good time!
I'm looking forward to seeing you again.
much respect

85% Recommend
Saskatoon, Canada
“You won't be Disappointed - Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our family enjoyed a wonderful time at this fantastic Greek family owned and operated restaurant. Our family of 6 were greeted with a smile and seated in this quaint dining room. Our 2 young grand-daughters were given complimentary Shirley Temples to start while we viewed the impressive authentic Greek menu. The prices were extremely reasonable for the food we ordered. Our server told us ahead of time that the portions were very large and was she right. Excellent food and huge portions. We had Greek Ribs, Athenian Chicken, Greek Meatballs and Chicken Souvlaki. You could share any of those meals and still take food home as we did. Wonderful traditional desserts to end our meal. On Friday and Saturday nights starting at 7:00 the have Belly Dancers performing, unfortunately we missed this. This is a wonderful restaurant and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

• Visited February 2013
geia sou patrida!
I so remember your family,especially your beautiful grand-daughters, and It's such a great surprise that you are from Saskatoon, I was raised there!!! My family lived there forever!! Oh such beautiful years.
your review sweetie, is breathtaking, you have painted such a great picture with your words, all that I want to express about my parents' restaurant, you said it in a few words!
I'm so happy your family had a good time, sure hope you come again to see us!
we have a gigantic family, we have so many children from 1- 21 years old, so we very well know that, their being happy is the number 1 goal, that's why I brought the drinks to the girls, I remember when I was little, I felt really special if I was given a shirley temple!
give our love to your family!
warm regards Stacey Anastassia Koupantsis
Calgary, Canada
“The food was good and the service was great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The rewiews are correct in that the meals are huge. We enjoyed our meals, but there was so much food that it was overwhelming. My wife had the lamb chops and they were done exactly as requested. I had the lamb shank, and for a braised meat, it was on the dry side rather than the tender and moist servings I have had before. We would give the restaurant another try, but definately ask that the plate not be so full. The meals were well priced for both quality and quantity.
We enjoyed the friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism of our server. He did a great job!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
geia sas filoi, hello friends
thank you for your kind review, and that you took the time to mention our restaurant!
I'm happy that you liked our food,you actually had two of my favorite meals! Sorry to hear about your lamb shank being on the dry side, that rarely happens, but in a restaurant we always have the human factor, so we do make mistakes, but no harm done! Always feel free to tell your server your comments, we would have replaced your meal in no time! when the kitchen is going full speed, sometimes there will be mishaps but we are always glad to fix our mistakes.
as for the portions, sorry they cannot get smaller, my father literally does not know the meaning of, less! most of our customers know his (problem), so we just laugh with the situation,and I always recommend, sharing a meal!
Agostin your server sends you his best, and thanks you for your comments :-)
we hope to see you and your wife again.
with respect
anastassia (stacey) koupantsis
“I've wanted to try this little place for a while.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I finally stopped in for dinner. We are always looking for a different place to eat and try different foods. This little place is great, foods fresh and plenty of it, my wife took her leftovers home for supper. Service was excellent and the price is very fair. Thank you for the great meal and we will spread the word and bring others back.

hello, geia sas filoi!
sorry it took me so long to answer, but I broke my laptop, and that took some time to replace!
We thank you for your beautiful review, I'm very glad we were able to offer you a nice experience.
I do remember you two, and after I saw the photo of your food, I'm certain I know who you are.
my parents work very hard, and the fact that our customers,as you say (spread the word), is such a big help for our company. No mount of advertisement, can come close to the effect, a nice comment from a customer can have for a business. My family and I thank you for your love and support :-) !
looking forward to seeing you again!
warm regards
“Awesome place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The place was very busy on a Saturday night but they seated our table of five right away got our drinks and applies very quick. The food is very well prepared using quality ingredients. The portions are huge. Definitely would eat here again

• 5 of 5 stars Food
anastassia k, Manager at It's All Greek To Me, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
hello, geia sas filoi
Thank you for your kind words. Yes it does get very busy on weekends, and we try our best not to tell people that we have no tables. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you, and thank you for having the patients to wait.
We are very happy that you enjoyed the food and your evening, stop by for lunch, you'd probably enjoy that menu also!
I would love to meet you, so if you'd like, next time you come in we can introduce ourselves. My family owns the restaurant, we live in Red Deer, this is our home. sometimes I meet people and after a while of talking we find out our children go to the same high school!
thank you again. It was our pleasure.
with respect Anastassia Stacey