“Above and Beyond!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Petrolia Drive | Gasoline Alley; 37471 Hwy 2 South, Red Deer, Alberta T4E 1B3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Red Deer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Okotoks, Canada
“Above and Beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stay here approximately monthly for business. They are always accommodating and go above and beyond. An example was by Emily, the front desk manager. I'm used to sleeping on a bit of a softer bed at home and the beds they have are quite a bit firmer at the hotel. To help and accommodate me they actually put an extra mattress pad on the bed so there were two to try and make the bed softer. It did actually help as the mattress pads are the quilted thicker pads. All this was done before I actually even checked in and got to my room!
I also like that they put two pillow cases on each of the pillows. In todays day and age I like the extra attention to cleanliness.
The hotel is always clean and it is very modern which is very important to me. The rooms are very spacious, the WIFI which is complementary works well and the restaurant is good value with a nice menu and quick service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Mark D,
Thank you for your review as well as your loyalty to our hotel. I am glad that you are always happy with the cleanliness and comfortably of our rooms. Our Executive Housekeeper has a very high standard on our cleanliness so our guests feel the way that you do! I am also happy to hear that the extra mattress pad on your bed works so well. We will most definitely make sure that one goes on to your bed each time you are here.
Thank you as well for your comments about the Boulevard Restaurant. I know our restaurant team works very heard to ensure all of the guests dishes are even better and tastier then the last.
Thank you again for your review and I look forward to connecting with you on your next stay!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have been coming to this hotel for years on business but I have an opportunity once in a while to bring my family down. Emily and Keerthi always ensure our stay is worry free and our needs are looked after. The restaurant is excellent and surprisingly easy on the wallet considering the higher end cuisine they serve.

By far this is the best hotel in Red Deer. Good job guys :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Alan H,
Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure to have families come and have some fun here as we are a family oriented hotel and always try to ensure a great family getaway. Also, thank you for your comments about myself and Keerthi. As managers, we are always on top of our team to make sure every guest is always satisfied with their stay.
Thank you for your comments about our restaurant as well. We are proud to be the home of our award winning Chef Emmanuel David. His dishes are sure to leave you taste buds tingling!
Thank you again for your review and I will be sure to pass this on to the rest of my team.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

If you ever need a place to stay in Red Deer I strongly reccomend this hotel. The rooms are huge, super clean with very comfy beds. As well, the hotel (the Boulevard) serves fantastic food (we had both dinner and breakfast there) for a great price.

I will be staying here everytime I need to be in Red Deer and I very highly reccomend it for anyone. I have stayed in a lot of hotels in Alberta and this one is one of the best for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Carly S,
Thank you for your review about our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoy staying with us so much. It is our mission to ensure each guest feels that they are in a home away from home when they come to stay with us. Our teams in each department are dedicated to this as without you we would't be here!
I am glad you are so fond of our restaurant as well. Our culinary team in our kitchen is always working hard to make sure each dish comes out as beautiful as the last.

Cochrane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stay here often for work and one of the main reasons I love it so much is because of the restaurant! The chef here cooks excellent food and the presentation is great! I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to have a comfortable stay and high quality meal all in one place.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear adc777,
Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to our hotel! We are very proud to be the home of our award winning chef Emmanuel David. We agree in saying his food is excellent! His culinary creations always leave you wanting more. Right now he is featuring a new promotion called Taste of the World. You buy your tickets for the entire year and come every third Sunday, and each month he features traditional dishes from a different county with his own special twist. If you enjoy his food on a regular basis, you are sure to fall in love with this!
Also next time you here, after your visit to the Boulevard Restaurant, take a dip in our pool and relax in our hot tub. It will be a great end to your work day!
Thank you again for your review and i will be sure to pass his on to the rest of my team.

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The front desk and staff where extremely friendly and efficient. The restaurant food was amazing. Pool and water slide was loads of fun for everyone. It was extremely clean and so comfortable. We would most definitely stay there again. 10/10!

• Stayed July 2014
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Madddddddy13,
Thank you for your review about our hotel! It looks like you family enjoyed almost all of our amenities and had a great time doing so. Our pool is very well maintained by our maintenance department to ensure that families like yours can enjoy it in its entirety!
Also, thank you for your comments on our Boulevard Restaurant. They are now featuring 20 different kinds of wings from 4:00PM-7:00PM every Monday to Thursday for the summer. If you are coming through town again, make sure you stop and give them a try!
Thank you again for your review and i hope to see you family again soon!

Komoka, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Sure, the selling point for me when I booked this hotel, was the reality that their pool included a water-slide. I have children, they require entertainment and activity; I like my kids exhausted when it is time to fall asleep in a new environment. Yet the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Red Deer surprised me extensively. The rooms were beyond clean. In fact, my sister who was staying in a room as well at the hotel stated they were practically hypo allergenic. In addition, the pool area was incredibly neat and maintained. In fact, all areas of the hotel were impeccable! Staff was especially respectful and helpful to my children when they asked questions as well. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and let me say that this hotel surprised me substantially. Thank you for making my children's visit happy, enjoyable and rewarding as a family. Good job!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Jim G,
Thank you so much for your review! I am so happy to hear that your family had a great time during your stay!
Our water slide is loved by kids that come from all over, even the adults too! It sounds to me like you left with great memories with your family and that is our number one goal not only as a Holiday Inn Hotel but also as a family oriented team.
All of our rooms are completely hypo-allergenic as we have a feather free policy at our hotel. We know that those pesky summer time allergies can have a big effect on our guests so we cut it out completely so you don't have to worry!
Thank you again for your great review. I will pass this on to the rest of my team and it will for sure be an inspiration for us to keep doing what we're doing! Hopefully we will be able to connect with your family again soon!

Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and was very happy with everything! Service, room, cleanliness, restaurant and room service were all excellent. Didn't use the pool...too many kids. Would be our number one choice if we stayed in Red Deer again. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed June 2014
Emily M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear pihnktulip16,
Thank you for your review! I am more than delighted to hear that you your stay was so great! I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy our pool. I hope that on your next stay it will be a little less chaotic in there in that way you get a chance to test our water slide! Our hotel is the proud home of Chef Emmanuel David and his team and they are always ensuring to put out nothing less then 5 star service. Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you and your family again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South? Share your experiences!