“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Petrolia Drive | Gasoline Alley; 37471 Hwy 2 South, Red Deer, Alberta T4E 1B3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Red Deer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night, and it was fantastic. It's a lovely hotel. My GPS also had trouble finding it, but I used a nearby hotel's address to get me to the right area.

The hotel was immaculate, and everyone at reception was friendly and helpful. I found the rooms to be spacious, and especially liked the large desk (I was travelling with two five-year olds and a 13-month old, so that large was desk was very helpful -- the five-year olds could both colour and write in their trip journals while the 13-month old napped).

The kids liked the pool and waterslide, and I liked the hot tub. It's more of a warm tub, but that suits me perfectly.

We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and found it to be good and reasonably priced. The kids' breakfasts were under $4 each.

Like most of the hotels in Red Deer, this one is close to the highway. Some traffic noise is to be expected, but it wasn't that bad. The rooms are fairly quiet -- I could hear my neighbour's TV while trying to fall asleep, but I think that's pretty common. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Lindsaydu, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Its great to hear you and your family had a great experience during your stay with us. We have a great team here and I will pass along your kind remarks. Our pool and slide are very popular with young families, so I am glad to hear you were able to take advantage of it. We are pleased to be able to offer our guests quality inhouse dining with our Boulevard Restaurant which offers in addition to our Holiday Inn breakfast menu, a full lunch and dinner menu. I hope you will consider again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed here a few months ago and unfortunately our room was next to a hospitality suite. As a result, the noise level was unacceptable. We voiced our concerns with hotel management and the Guest Services Manager, ‘Keerthi’ contacted us later and promised to offer us a better experience second time around.

We recently decided to take advantage of this offer. We contacted Keerthi at short notice and to our surprise, he remembered who we were and what he proposed to make our next visit more successful.

Keerthi delivered 100%! We stay at a lot of hotels and it’s rare to find someone that takes ownership and values true customer service! For this, we wish to thank him and the hotel for going above and beyond to make things right for us.

The rooms are beautifully appointed, very spacious, impeccably clean and quiet. In addition to the amenities one would expect in a hotel room, the suites include a fridge, microwave, kettle/Keurig coffee maker and an iPhone/iPod docking station!

Location is excellent; right in Gasoline Alley and you can’t miss it from Highway 2 on either direction.

In appreciation for the customer service, we decided to try the attached Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge for dinner. The food selection was diverse and choosing from the lunch menu wasn’t a problem. The food was good and our server, Amanda, was excellent.

The pool and hot tub area is clean, bright and spacious however the gym room is little confined.

Overall, we have received fantastic service from this particular location. We would recommend it to friends and intend to return on our future visits!

Room Tip: Ask about the king with in-room jacuzzi!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to hear your positive feedback and I am thrilled that you took a chance and gave us another opportunity to give you a great guest experience. I have passed along your kind remarks to both Keerthi and Amanda. We are fortunate to have The Boulevard Restaurant & Lounge in the hotel to give our guests top quality food without having to leave the hotel. I hope you will come back and visit us again soon, we have an amazing Las Vegas Style Brunch every Sunday. Happy Travels!
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I actually attended a course in a nearby town and booked a stay at this hotel because of its excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I
My only issue is that I had problems getting there because Onstar had no record of the place. That led me on a merry-go-round but I reached there eventually. Google has directions but Onstar doesn't? Strange. Nonetheless, my stay was excellent and the staff very accomodating.
I had to check out late - 8pm - the next day and instead of billing an extra day, the Manager worked out a special rate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear NSRAlberta, Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I will pass along your comments to the staff. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff so accommodating. Sorry you had some difficulty in locating us, as we are such a new property some GPS systems have not updated yet. We hope to have this rectified very soon. I hope you will come stay with us again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!
Flin Flon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

When planning a trip to Red Deer this month, we made sure to choose this property due to its high ranking on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint. When the GPS didn't cooperate and we had some difficulty finding the hotel, a staff member drove to meet us and bring us to the property.

We needed directions to the movie theatre, and a waitress at the restaurant made the most detailed map I have ever seen.

The hotel room was exceptionally clean. The bed was comfortable. There were two different types of pillows provided to help satisfy even the most particular guest :) Overall, I could not be happier with how well the room was set up. This was the first hotel I've stayed at with a microwave oven in the room!

The lobby area is very inviting. We had the pleasure of eating at the restaurant several times. Their executive chef made it routine to come out and meet the diners regularly. The menu is versatile with many unique dishes. We ate there five times (one brunch, two lunches, two suppers), and the food was top notch. I was somewhat surprised by the high price of the steaks on the menu (compared to other items on the menu that appeared to be more in line with what I was used to), but this just encouraged us to try some other amazing food :)

The Sunday brunch deserves its own paragraph! The brunch had wonderful food decorations made of fruit and chocolate. The brunch had usual food, fish, pork, seafood, salads, cheese, and so much more! There was a chef there to make prawn and brandied flambe, omlettes and cut up a pork roast. Worth every penny!

We spent some time by the pool and in the hot tub and were impressed with the quality of that area.

We only stayed for 3 nights, but the quality of the accommodations, the warm staff, the modern facilities and the restaurant will make it hard not to come back soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear Brian, Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of your stay with us. I am sorry you had some difficulty in getting to the hotel, but thrilled to hear the staff ensured you made it! I made sure that all the staff involved saw your kind words. We are lucky to have a great team at the hotel. Its also nice to hear you enjoyed your meal in the Boulevard Restaurant. The Sunday Brunch is very popular in Red Deer as the chef ensures there is a large and diverse array of the highest quality selections to please any palate. I hope you will come see us again on your next visit to Red Deer. Happy Travels!
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I am a travel agent who books team accommodations, and I had the pleasure of working with this property for a very busy weekend in Red Deer. The Manager, Keerthi, moved mountains to make sure my 4 teams were personally taken care of. As one of the guests myself I was very eager check out this hotel. It was a great stay... the rooms were immaculate, new, spacious and very very clean. The award winning chef in the restaurant makes a delicious meal for everyone, including kids at a very reasonable price. All of kids had a fantastic time making good use of the 3 story waterlside and pool in the hotel. That weekend the hotel was sold out and very busy but the staff was kind and delightful to work with. Everyone I encountered was friendly and eager to help with anything. I will most certainly be reccommending this hotel to anyone I know travelling to Red Deer, for any type of stay. Thanks for all of your hard work Keerthi, you most certainly went above and beyond! Exceptional!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sportstay, Thank you for writing such a great detailed review! We have a great team and Keerthi is an outstanding manager who particularly shines in customer service during those busy team weekends. I am glad that your teams all found the hotel to their liking and took advantage of the water slide and sampled the great food in the restaurant. I hope you will come stay again on your next trip to Red Deer. Happy Travels!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel is exceptional! I felt at home from the minute I set foot in the hotel. The manager, Suranga, always addressed me by name, greeted me with a warm smile and was ready to lend a helping hand, at all times.

I travel quite a bit for work and don't usually get such excellent customer service!

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Clare J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Marsha, Thank you for taking the time to submit this review. Its great to hear such positive feedback. I wll definitely pass on your comments to Mr. Suranga. He take great pride in his work and it really shows. I hope you will come and see us again. Happy Travels.
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Hotel is very nice , rooms are good size , waterslide is excellant , stall looked after our needs .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Robert, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. i am glad to hear your kids enjoy the water slide. It is a great feature that is making our hotel a weekend destination for young families. I will pass along your positive comments to our team at the hotel and I hope you will choose our hotel again on your next trip to Red Deer. All the best!

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Red Deer South? Share your experiences!